Öffentliches Bild der Nordmark // Public thoughts on Nordmar

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ylvie

Post by Ylvie »

@ Olive: We have had english player up in the Nordmark. But it would be easier for the english players to be just more than just a single player. Guess it's the same like when a German player gets into a bunch of English players. They'll have problems to get their character developed in that part of the community.
There were quite a few english player who have tried to build up a Clan up there but had to stop out of personal reasons. It isn't like the Nordmark is totally against English players, it's more that we wouldn't change our RP just to take care of one single player in RP'ing in english, as the english ones wouldn't stop RP'Ing in english when a german player joins.

I know that discussion has been there for ages about German vs English RP'ers, but up in the settlement of the Nordmark are english players welcomed, even if you don't think so, just talk to Vigalf over MSN or write me a PM and we'll see what we can do.
There's even an English Quest going on up there, so don't tell me that it's hard to get started with an english character up in Nordmark that's just simply stupid..;)

I don't want to accuse anyone, but it is always hard to juggle different languages, different timezones and ontop of that different people and different habits. So just give us a chance to prove that it's fun to RP up in the north even without having a teleporter close by and having to walk all the way up there.

As I've stated before just talk to Vigalf or me and we'll figure something.
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Olive wrote:
Kranek wrote: i dont want to rp in english just because 1 Char joined a group of many german speaking chars, sry
and because of that, you make it almost impossible to even GET the first english speaker to even try.
You did not get the point.

Speak with other players, create a group who would want to become markers (not 2, speaking about 5+) and you could found another clan of the Mark. An english one, if you want.
But dont expect us to change out language because of one single char.

So, if you are interested, ask other PO's, send the Markers a list with the players and it should be able to arrange.
If not...well, stop crying then *shrugs*
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

If there's 5 of them they may as well form their own group.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

AlexRose wrote:If there's 5 of them they may as well form their own group.
Own clan = own group inside Nordmark ;)
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

well...*clears his troath/troth* my orc character barely remembers any nordmarkers really...you are solidly, if that is even a word, Role Played which i like allot. You stick to your characters oppinions and behaviour. There has been no talk of the nordmarkers while i have been online at least for the last..pff..uhm...2-3 months maybe? And too nitpick *sly smile* you 'did' Role Play in english with my character when i joined you, not allways when there was a larger group of nordmarkers there but, you did. And i still owe a thanks to Rhiana for translating the german for me ;) and yes i would be MORE then happy to teach you more norwegian words and such..like moin. which made me raise a brow more then once..*sighs* allso godagen/good day/guten tag works when greeting someone..or even a simple hei/hi/*dont know the german word for hi*... and the only reason my character left the nordmark, which actually shouldnt be called nordmark since its a bit off to the left of north, dont know the south and such ingame..or in real life for that matter, was that there wasnt many people to Role Play with really. didnt mind the walk up there at all....AND the fact that you try and Role Play "vikings" or Norwegians, Norodaj equalls Norwegian to me, really doesnt work for me when your german speaking and, not real norwegians *arrogant sniff* ;)

I did actually like the feeling of being isolated from the rest of the world, sort of, in the begining. but, after a few days of Role Playing with myself i sorta lost interest, yes yes yes, i knoooow, you dont play every day and dont always have the time to play..which is normal. but, i have not heard much of the nordmarkers since our orc clan had a little falling out with them..or was that because of the orc/dwarf war? and vikings did go on raids and such..spread outwards establish trading routes and alliances. something i have heard nothing of in a long long time from the nordmarks. if you want to be known better do raids and begin trading, avoid the pointy ears put something up on the trading board and the likes.#me thinks he should be an advisor. meh..now im just ranting and telling you how to act as vikings..yes i do have ancestral and historical pride when it comes to vikings. and no..you do not need an army to do raids ;) yes yes..hard to do without lots of planning and without a Game Master and then of course getting any worthwhile loot from the raids....*stops ranting*

basically i havent heard squat about the nordmarks, other then the fact that they hate magic and and elfs, and the last time i heard that was aproxametly..2-3 months, if not more, back. wanna make a name for yourself? well then..you just have to read about vikings and how they became known :) maybe i'll come vissit with my orc for old times sake..or do you still chase of everyone and everything that comes to the nordmark for funsies?
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

@Olaf:
Thanks for input your norwegian proud thing ;)
The Problem with raids: BEsides the raiders, you need some one who gets raided...and our chars are no real raiders...they mostly just want to live in peace up in north *g*
And Nord-West-Mark kinda sounds weird, so we will stick to the old name ;)
Concerning trading: look at the trading board ^^
and yes, its hard to roleplay with no one online. main problem is the fact that PO Rhia and I visit college and PO Wilf has to do the same year in school again...
but we have new people like Solvarr or Alastar and they are online very often (at least thats my POV....cant even login to PG without seeing those guys ;) *is glad they joined us cause they are great players*)
best thing to be sure to meet us: talk with us via msn and we can get IG ;)
Tinya

Post by Tinya »

As an English barbarian at the Nordmark I can attest the roleplay is great, time-wise is the problem. Get a group that want to roleplay barbarians and I think you will enjoy it a lot.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Olaf Tingvatn wrote:And i still owe a thanks to Rhiana for translating the german for me ;) and yes i would be MORE then happy to teach you more norwegian words and such..
*flushes* That's too kind, really, it was fun rping and translating all the time and it was decent practice ^^.

As for the Norwegian part... When do we start??
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

well the only problem is that you dont have Æ Ø Å in your language...but with a mix of my dialect and some others it 'could' work.
Dahinar Sharpeye

Post by Dahinar Sharpeye »

Lets learn them Swedish to so that they will need to use Ä and Ö as well. Oh, and why not learn them the futhark when you're at it?
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

futhark? thats pretty easy...just need some time to re-learn it ;)
Thrym

Post by Thrym »

Kranek wrote:futhark? thats pretty easy...just need some time to re-learn it ;)
I can write in futhark. :P Ofc, I can't speak swedish or any language that was meant for it, which causes a couple spelling errors, but oh well. Futhark is very simple and easy.
nathi

Post by nathi »

If the Jarl don't understand norwegian, he may ask a certain elfess for translation into german ;-)

mange hilsen
nathi
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

That would include that he doesnt kill her *laughs*
wilf

Post by wilf »

Futhark is easy... i already can write with it... fast ;)