Öffentliches Bild der Nordmark // Public thoughts on Nordmar

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kranek

Öffentliches Bild der Nordmark // Public thoughts on Nordmar

Post by Kranek »

Morn Leute,
hier ne kurze Umfrage:
Ich will wissen was ihr und eure Chars über die Nordmark gehört habt, bzw. denkt. Sind wir bekannt, oder verzieht man das Gesicht wenn man von uns hört? Wie empfindet ihr RP mit Markern, wie findet ihr das Konzept (Elfen und Magie = Bäh)?

-------
Morn Guys,
a small survey:
I wanna know what you and your Chars heard about Nordmark or what you think about it. Are we famous or do ya raise an eyebrow as soon as ya hear about us? How do you see RP with Marker, what do ya think of our concept (Elfes and Mages = not good)?
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Tbh i dont hear alot about them. i been to ya little village a few times and no one is ever there so i use the depot :D
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

what do ya think of our concept (Elfes and Mages = not good)?
Elves and mages horrible! :D

Actually I love the concept and hope it continues, only thinking there should be more barbarians.
Last edited by Taiah on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

My mage has grown rather scared of ending up at the wrong end of a Nordmark citizen's weapon :P He's always heard about how they hate mages, so he's afraid he might end up in there accidentally because of a bad portal.

As a player, I love the concept. Who says everyone should play nice when it comes to others having such powers?

Unfortunately, though, I've not had many opportunities to RP with chars from there, though I would very much like to.
Galim

Post by Galim »

For my elf the nordmark is full of murderous barbarians slaughtering helpless elfs just for having long ears. It is a place to avoid and a place with which Tol Vanima may have serious problems sooner or later.

Well...thats the new view of it...the old, before she was gone for years, was that it is a place with rough, but honorful men and women who live a hardened but proud life.

But since they started beheading innocent elfs the view of them changed drastically.
Zak

Post by Zak »

The Nordmark as a "guild" seems kind of dead, nothing happens up there that might draw any public attention and there aren't many barbarians around.
Besides that, the concept is fine I guess, Norodajs disliking mages and elves greatly, might cause less RP but shows some consistency.
Concerning RP, well..tall dwarves, that's what I mostly think when I see the Markers.
And I dislike the way the "village" was built. The very northern part is cool, those two lonely buildings outside are odd.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Primitive cavemen.
Boindil

Post by Boindil »

Azuros wrote:Unfortunately, though, I've not had many opportunities to RP with chars from there, though I would very much like to.
... dito ...
Zak wrote:Concerning RP, well..tall dwarves, that's what I mostly think when I see the Markers.
Brothers! :lol: ... and sisters of course.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

The village...yes :oops:
well guys...i would LOVE to rebuild it XD
And the missing opportunities...sometimes, i have the feeling that disliking mages and elves even brings us rp with those guys ;)
When a char of that kind meets a Marker and hes not only passing by, its almost guarantee for at least a short rp ;)
Wait..passing by...i sometimes spit on the ground when i see a longear ;)
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

I have had the opportunity to enjoy some very nice RP the Markers(and some not so nice :wink:). The concept of hating elves and mages is great and even gave me an idea for a quest which is being played out now. I hope that the concept continues because I know it will help bring more RP opportunities in the future. I also hope that more players will join as Barbarians and/or that players return and revive the Northern community.
Drakon Gerwulf
Developer

Post by Drakon Gerwulf »

As a Player, I have heard of it and to honest its good to have something like that.. it adds some thing that people should fear (( Elven people and Mages)) and not just a plain ohh.. who cares I can go there concept. It makes for a good Rp situations even though Drakon has never met with anyone from there.

As for Drakon, he has come to fear them and is always worried something may happen one day after he sent a dove to the Jarl one day and got back an interesting note back. :twisted:

Drakon Gerwulf
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Mhm... I see it as a place to be stayed away from. xD

Other than that, I really don't know too much of it... But I really do like the prejudice part... It gives the place more depth than anywhere else.
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Kranek wrote: And the missing opportunities...sometimes, i have the feeling that disliking mages and elves even brings us rp with those guys ;)
When a char of that kind meets a Marker and hes not only passing by, its almost guarantee for at least a short rp ;)
Wait..passing by...i sometimes spit on the ground when i see a longear ;)
Having had the advantage of RPing with the elf hating Nordmarkers I agree. There would be less RP without that concept.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

The concept is fun and fine, though I thought the guild was long since extinct.
Lucy Bann

Post by Lucy Bann »

I love the concept of the Nordmark, elf/mage hate included. It adds some flavor and reality to Gobaith, because we all know that not all groups are welcoming and happy with all other races in reality. I've loved the idea of a barbarian for a long time, and wanted to join, but I don't speak German and have I no idea how I would join the Nordoraj, lol. :oops:
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I personally have enjoyed most circumstances I have had with the Nordmark, even when the outcome was not as good as one had hoped.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Lucy Bann wrote:I love the concept of the Nordmark, elf/mage hate included. It adds some flavor and reality to Gobaith, because we all know that not all groups are welcoming and happy with all other races in reality. I've loved the idea of a barbarian for a long time, and wanted to join, but I don't speak German and have I no idea how I would join the Nordoraj, lol. :oops:
Talk to the Jarl :wink: They accept non German speaking chars.
Thrym

Post by Thrym »

All I've ever heard IG was when someone asked Alvis if he'd been beat up by them before :P

I hope they actually become more popular. Alvis looks quite like a northerner, and would probably fit in well if he visited there.
Ylvie

Post by Ylvie »

Joxia Doral wrote:
Lucy Bann wrote:I love the concept of the Nordmark, elf/mage hate included. It adds some flavor and reality to Gobaith, because we all know that not all groups are welcoming and happy with all other races in reality. I've loved the idea of a barbarian for a long time, and wanted to join, but I don't speak German and have I no idea how I would join the Nordoraj, lol. :oops:
Talk to the Jarl :wink: They accept non German speaking chars.
Of course we do. Why shouldn't we. It's fun acting as translator between the two parts of the Nordmark
Or even having 'Old language Lessons' to teach some basics :) And the most of the Nordmarkers are able to speak english at least a little bit ;) Just give it a try and have fun...as long as you're no longear or anything worse like that ;)
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Yes, Ylvie is definitely right. We had even a new speaking clan a short time ago, but the PO of the Jarl quit the game all of a sudden, so I don't know how active they still are (not too active I am afraid) but if you join them, hey, it can only become better!

For some POs, it might be difficult, but there are others that can easily translate (f.e. Ylvie, Vigalf, me...) and who actually will translate^^.

On behalf of the mages/elves-hate spoiling rp: No way! We invented the mages- and elves-rules in order to keep them out, that is true, because there were too many elves and mages in Nordmark who stepped around, not rping or very bad rping. As soon as the rules had been set in, it seemed to become even worse! You basically can't log in in Nordmark without meeting a longear or a mage... or someone who poaches gnolls ^^. The only change that happened: Most of them are very well played, and we have a fun time interrogating them xD... Hope they have a fun time too, but since they keep coming... guess so.
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

I love the concept dont get me wrong but i have not really heard much about it and i thought it was just a little fishing village before i saw the signs :)

I do hope you get more members etc cos it would be fun to have another group annoyed at Alex
Damien

Post by Damien »

I think i'll do it like the markers, whenever i see one of them on Vanima, they'll be beheaded, or more, burninated !
:lol:
Joke aside. Their habits on elves and mages seem much more albarian than Norodaj, but it's a fun concept, and they may of course have some albarian influences instead of dwarven ones.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

only know it's mostly german speaking so i don't go there. other than that i'm nuetral.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

My halfer thinks all you guys are disturbers. Especial this chief. She's really scared of your kind. :wink:

My elf just dont walk arround the island. Just staying on Vanima or Bane to trade, so she never heared about the Nordmark.

My Ork has nothing to do with you, and thats sad, I think. Usually he don't care about your mind and this elf stuff.

In my mind the Nordmark looks like a great acted barbaric settlement. But with your concept you have the problem, to cut your RP-possibility with the half of the other Chars on Gobaith. That means all elves and Mages. (And, chars who are close to them.) All you can do with them is scare them away, if you see them.
In addition I miss a kind of target for your guild. Like many other sattlement. Is "to be a sattlement" a traget? I'm not sure. And I have allways motivationproblems with my chars, if there's no target noticeable. Maybe a reason for the lack of chars in Greenbriar and Nordmark...
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

For our chars, being a settlement is a goal ;)
For me as PO, simple goal: destroy all evil mages and elves! *muahahahaha* :twisted:

Just joking ;)
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Damien wrote:I think i'll do it like the markers, whenever i see one of them on Vanima, they'll be beheaded, or more, burninated !
:lol:
Joke aside. Their habits on elves and mages seem much more albarian than Norodaj, but it's a fun concept, and they may of course have some albarian influences instead of dwarven ones.
Mmmmmmh

Little advice to mighty Damien: Ask PO Vigalf on the albarian thingy... might have something to do with... char background... perhaps??
Llama

Post by Llama »

I love the concept behind the guild, though i haven't had any chance to see it played out personally.

We DO need more 'tribes' like that. The rest of the map is too 'modern thinking; in my opinion.

I say - try to rebuild it, we need it.
Pranck

Post by Pranck »

Das Konzept ist gut gemeint und auch gut gemacht, die ausführung selbstverständlich auch, doch ist es ja so, wenig Spieler, kleine Insel (relativ zu den Spielern, eine große Insel) und alles weit weg zerstreut, demnach kaum RP, sei es mit Markern oder anderen.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

From an IC point of view, Blake knows they're not fond of magic but he has known Korm so he respectfully avoids using magic there, but isn't afraid per se (because he's Blake, he's a douchebag and he knows it isn't easy to teach him a lesson, so he abuses said fact.)

OOCly though, I tend to avoid it because it feels like it's a focal point to german roleplayers, being English I just don't go there. Same as Silverbrand used to be.
Olive

Post by Olive »

Just my two coppers, but for the whole idea behind the norodaj, a village seems inapporpriate. maybe a hovel or two, but barbarian types generaly had a camp, somethgin that could move around, not really a permanent fixture