Making profile pics ad avatars

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Arvemor

Making profile pics ad avatars

Post by Arvemor »

Hi all,
I'm now making profile pics and avatars for silver. Roleplaying reasons can be discussed later (ie theft, payment for services -nothing dirty!)

Heres some examples of what I can do:
Mix, match and recolour:

Image Image

With this particular picture, I've used parts of different bodies (star wars in this case) edited them together, and stuck my own face under the hood. I added a background, and played with the colours and shadows until it fit well together. And the second one I merged two profile pictures together, recoloured them, and made a background.

From scratch:

These are kind of experimental at the moment...so they are cheaper no matter how much they turn out. This one is small, but I do larger ones.

Picture editing:

ImageImageImage
Here I simply smudged and rendered faces that already existed, and stuck in backgrounds. Wit the lizardman, I only changed the colour of his skin.

Prices depend on how much effort has been put in, and how it captures what you were hoping for! So, in other words...I'm working off customer satisfaction! :D
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Lol?

Is this serious?
squee

Post by squee »

I'm now making profile pics and avatars for silver. Roleplaying reasons can be discussed later (ie theft, payment for services -nothing dirty!)
I think that's against the rules, correct me if I'm wrong.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Make the roleplay reason a IG artist who draws images from other characters against payment and its perfectly fine.

Nitram
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Lol, yeah it was serious. Done it before too. :?

Er...not to sound insolent but why?
Which rules is it breaking?
MagicMirror

Post by MagicMirror »

I though Squee was thinking you sell him this pictures rl, that would be against the rules
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Arvemor wrote:Lol, yeah it was serious. Done it before too. :?

Er...not to sound insolent but why?
Which rules is it breaking?
This may help: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... ng+avatars
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Alsaya wrote:
Dangron wrote:You could probably RP it as painting IG, get paid for it and then make the sig or avatar to PO. If it's not forbidden or something.
What he said. It is not forbidden to get paid with ig things as long as the action is somehow ig related. :wink:
So then it's okay? It sounds like as long as there is an ingame reason for being paid then it's okay. :lol:
Evan Ross

Re: Making profile pics ad avatars

Post by Evan Ross »

I personally think if your character is played as an artist or a drawer or something, It is fine, Otherwise the exchange would be based on OOC info, Which I believe is against the rules.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

But thats the same as a quest, isn't it? You probably wouldn't go to this certain place or certain time if you, the player, didn't know there was a quest on. Your character has acted on ooc information that there would be a quest, and so they show up.
squee

Post by squee »

So more people participate in the quest. Just say your selling art for silvers on the Trade thread or something.