Another Question

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kamilar

Another Question

Post by Kamilar »

mesha wrote:
Anyone who flames will receive a dot.

Now, it got to my delicate ears that there are players who are ICly and OOCly against me and the Prince because of this quest. Mainly the OOC part bothers me.

Is this true, and if yes, why are you so scorn over just another change to RP, while you could treat it as something new to incorporate into your RP?

Mesha

P.S. It has also come to my ears that these players are mainly English (AKA, UK and USA).
That topic allowed the English players to be subject to gross prejudice. Dyluck spouted hateful stuff over and over with the English players repeatedly asking him to stop. The only moderation on that board was in a post objecting to the bigotry we were being exposed to. It was even defended as "sociology" by another German player.

Now I ask ... would the German players be happy to be so pigeon-holed by the English players? Would the GMs invite that behavior from the English players the same way that seemed to be acceptable here? How are we supposed to play interactively when the staff invites one half of the community to mistreat and intentionally misunderstand the other half?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Might I just add that this is not the view of all the English players and some of us realise that Dyluck's statements were relevant, even if perhaps they weren't that informed.

Also, could you stop making factions? It's like the whole "IS IT COS I IS BLACK?" thing we've got going on in society that sucks. Stop trying to differentiate yourself from the Germans, we're all just players. If you didn't like what was said, suck it up, who cares?
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I don't think Korwin is German, but regardless the trend in social science right now is to move away from generalizations
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Alex, I appreciate your comments. I also know that you aren't American, so you couldn't be expected to feel the same outrage. I'm not creating the factions. I'm objecting to them.
Kenneth Ladrus

Post by Kenneth Ladrus »

AlexRose wrote:Stop trying to differentiate yourself from the Germans, we're all just players.
Couldn't say this better.

But I don't think the stuff misunderstands anyone here intentionally. And besides, why do you feel mistreated? Because of this one quest?
Most of the time I play here, I actually had a feeling of equality. Or else I am just naive.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Yeah that's right, Americans are completely different to the English players >_>
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

No Kenneth, not the quest. I'm referring to the forum topic where a GM invited players to post their comments about English players and did nothing to protect them. If you're on the right side, it's hard to feel what's happening on the wrong side.

Alex, you're smart enough to know that the negative remarks were directed specifically at the American culture and players. In that respect, there's a difference.
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

P.S. It has also come to my ears that these players are mainly English (AKA, UK and USA).
The keyword is mainly here. I know there are also hard feelings towards me from the German side of the spectrum. I could have worded it better I guess, but it seems most people have understood what I meant.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Mesha, the problem is not the most who understood, but the few who didn't. The allowed bashing of U.S. players was really insulting.
Kenneth Ladrus

Post by Kenneth Ladrus »

I know noone of the German players who has something against any English player, OOCly.
But as Alex said, we're all just players, why to care about the language?
Let's get back to the Stone Age, and Illa exists already ;)
Everyone speaks the same language, they just grumble at each other, if one has a bad RP or whatever. Sorry for the banally of that example :P

If the GM doesn't protect the others now, that's an other problem I think.
Zak

Post by Zak »

Sorry that I make it look like we are locking everything again but this thread is too much of a "pointless discussion"-material.
Don't feel offended by anything stated in an online-forum. If you do feel offended, clear it up via PMs.

PS: From what I understand this looks like "Is there racism being endorsed by the staff?" and I can tell you, it is not. Still, you can clear this up via PMs.
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Kamilar wrote:Mesha, the problem is not the most who understood, but the few who didn't. The allowed bashing of U.S. players was really insulting.
I do not feel any players were intentionally bashed. If you feel that way, I suggest you reread what has been said.