Elemental Damage

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alexander Knight

Elemental Damage

Post by Alexander Knight »

I'm not too sure if this is already in play but i will try anyways.

Is there any way of cooperating elemental damage into the game, e.g. Fire elements are weak against water/ice spells and fire would be used on flying animals to burn the wings...

I have not thought it through much as i do not know the extent of the range of spells we can use but maybe someone can think of any that can work?
Alexander Knight

Okay sorry i just found the rune list on Illapidia.
Right anything with wings (Flies, Bees, Flying skulls) would be hurt by fire (RA)
Fire elements, Flame skeletons would be hurt by ice (HEPT)
And in theory healing spells (MES) would hurt the undead? :?
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

What you are getting into there, Alexander, is called Magic Theory.

It is an entirely IG opinionated sort of thing.

Personally:

Freezing should do more damage, as you can freeze their wings.

Fire Elementals should become bloated and expload when hit with fire, and just melt ice.

And healing spells would just mend the damage done to the body of the 'undead'. They are already alive.

It can all be looked at in opposite directions and be just as valid. However, doing different damage amounts based on creature would be cool (if it isn't in the game already.)
Alexander Knight

Well i agree with everything else its just the mummy one, if the mummies are the undead creatures caught between life and death as it says in a wiki article, wouldnt it seem right that healing spell would hurt them more than dark spells? as light overwhelms darkness everytime
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

What are "dark spells"?
orgis

Post by orgis »

he means spells that burn your ass or freeze it to the ground, everything else be a nice spell
Alexander Knight

Yeah well on wiki there is a article about good spells bosting your player alignment and bad spells lowering it
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

There is no such system, that will be included in the priest system however, even if we are unsure how to includ it, magic spells do not have aligments of any kind.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I wouldn't be so sure about that. You should speak to Vilarion about that because the water of irundar bases its effect on your character alignment. And I mean it actually does. Maybe the number of offensive spells cast, the number of trees cut down etc. lower your character alignment and healing spells, planted trees raise it.
Alexander Knight

It also says that if you attack/kill a unicorn it goes down and healing makes it go up

Can someone try and find the page as i cannot find it :(
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

.. There are no unicorns ig.
Alexander Knight

Many actions will change your alignment. If you kill a unicorn or summon an undead, you will drop in alignment, if you hunt vampires or heal players it will rise. This will influence your spell successes since each spell has an alignment value (i.e. an evil sorcerer casts evil spells easily, and is bad at healing magic).
http://illarion.org/development/us_about_project.php

Near the bottom
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

These are only some examples on how we will encourage roleplay. Not everything is developed yet since we are still working on the game.
Near the bottom :wink:
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Ashayen wrote:
These are only some examples on how we will encourage roleplay. Not everything is developed yet since we are still working on the game.
Near the bottom :wink:
That refers to the things that aren't ingame. e.g. "There will be a social system."

To my knowledge, alignment does in fact exist, it's just very rarely used.

And as for the unicorn thing, that was just a handy example. I think if you kill stuff like deer it goes down. Unicorns don't exist ingame.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Alexander Knight wrote:It also says that if you attack/kill a unicorn it goes down and healing makes it go up
So if I heal a priest of Moshran while his minions are setting fire to an orphanage - I am good :)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Hey, that orphanage attacked him! It was self defense!
Alexander Knight

We are family *Sings* Sorry what about orphanages?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Read the webcomic looking for group to understand the joke....

Anyway could a gm actually state if there is in fact an aligment system allready ig?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

There is not.

And just you know about the main proposal. There is "damage". No physical damage, no magical damage, no elemental damage. Just damage.

And to realize something like "elemental" damage it would be needed to create attributes for elemental defence against elemental attacks. And thats pretty much work. To much work to pay the extremly small effect on the game.

So: Proposal rejected

Nitram