LOS (Line Of Sight)

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Grim_banned

LOS (Line Of Sight)

Post by Grim_banned »

Basicly I took this out from my other proposal and made it a separate one.

So as it is now, we have night/day LOS.. your char dissapears into the shadow if you have no source of light on you. But how about if your char is invisible to all chars that have their back turned to you?
It may not be possible since I guess that the shadow dissapearing is handled in a different way, but this is a question.. is it? because I feel that this would bring more feeling to the game and open gates for entierly new roleplay :)

Opinions?
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Good idea!

Would prevent other dudes with the back towards you to turn around and attack you when emote-stealing.

Also tactics are more important. Ambushes are possible, you turn around and have an army in your back. you turn to original position and have another army there.

Kaboom!

Im all for it, so
/signed
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Maybe not making them invisible...but not recognisible? Just dont show their names and such if they are behind ya ;)
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Isn't this part of roleplay though? To not see a char at your back? You can hear maybe a footstep, but basically shouldn't be able to see until you turn anyway.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

And here we go the golem sneaking up behind you.

Nitram
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

aint it possible to just remove the nametag for chars behind yours? so you know there is someone...but you dont know who?
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Nah man, totally invisible would work awsomely.. imagine assasin roleplay, rogues, ambushes, always having to watch your back in a battle, etc
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

If you had footstep sfx, people with high perc could be able to hear if there were people behind them etc. xD

And wearing metal shoes would make you loud etc.

Funny idea but anyway it'd need a lot of work for it to be awesome.
Llama

Post by Llama »

While I see the logic behind this - i question the benefits.

In real life, you're not going to let someone sneak up right behind you unless he's really silent.

I don't see what the point is - you're not goign to PK someone because he's not looking at you - and you really should roleplay it. So meh.