ANTH

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

1d20

ANTH

Post by 1d20 »

Teaching ANTH requires 30 transformo

There are only 4 transformo spells which are pretty useless.. so are almost never used..

Can you please make it something like 10-15 transformo instead of 30? Please? It's going to be a pain to powergame -_-
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

then don't. 30 is low (or so it seems to me) to teach something.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Tanistian, you clearly have not tried to level up transformo or transfreto.

I definitely sympathize with you, Moondust. My mage char has dark blue in this skill and I don't think that'll change any time soon.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Azuros wrote:Tanistian, you clearly have not tried to level up transformo or transfreto.

I definitely sympathize with you, Moondust. My mage char has dark blue in this skill and I don't think that'll change any time soon.
I didn't answer him because he was in a i-contradict-everyone-to-try-to-ridicule-them-even-if-i-have-not-a-fucking-clue-what-i'm-talking-about.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Could the runes Themself not be spread over te major three rune groups, honestly transfreto or transformo are a literally bitch to powergame and ~if~ you stand around and cast them a gm hops on your back complaining that you train them..so I should go and shoot piggys with it .

In this course I would like to see another proposal..remove the freaking attribut requierment, I think that you can't go higher than 40 points without min-maxing your char, its just a punishment for all those who like realistic char attributs and just rewards min maxing...again.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Azuros wrote:Tanistian, you clearly have not tried to level up transformo or transfreto.
Open Door
Close Door
Open Door
Close Door
Open Door
Close Door

-

Better idea, how about we remove the silly system which makes you need skill to teach? So we can get much more treachers now?
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Better idea, how about we remove the silly system which makes you need skill to teach? So we can get much more treachers now...and remove it for the students to learn. ?
fixed :wink:

That system is simply a triple whammy to mages. You already have game mechanics of max two runes a week. Even with spells being easier, they are not effective until skilled, the "silly system" simply makes the requirements for PGing a mage phenominal (this from PO's that basically lean toward RP on the whole)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Open Door
Close Door
Open Door
Close Door
Open Door
Close Door

-

Better idea, how about we remove the silly system which makes you need skill to teach? So we can get much more treachers now?
More like
*Drag leaf*
*Summon leaf*
*Drag leaf*
*Summon leaf*

And then later.

*Drag armour*
*Summon armour*

Although you'd be quicker just skilling up with KEL JUS QWAN.
Tanistian_Kanea

i would actually find some very good rp uses for being able to do that.... but that's just me
Silo

Post by Silo »

RP being drunk, or bored.
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:then don't. 30 is low (or so it seems to me) to teach something.
There you go again. "I CANT SKILL UP LULZ ITS WELL NOT FAIR!!!11eleven!" And now "Oh, skilling up is so easy, getting 30 won't be a problem." :roll:
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Skilling up in Transformo is just horrible. Not only is it depressingly dull to do, with no sense of accomplishment and nothing to suggest improvement other than swirlies; you cap really fast, you have to worry about mana while you're doing it too, with the exception of kel jus qwan you have to choose a target for the spells you cast (whereas in pervy you can target an npc and cast on them, with the four transformo spells you either need to click an object to bring to you, click a door or if you're using kel jus qwan you just cast it on yourself. That might not seem like a big deal but when it adds a second to every action it really slows the process down), but that has too long a cast time to be worth doing. Besides, the hardest spell in transformo requires 20% skill, so 30% is just a joke.

I think in the teaching room you should get rid of these requirements completely. People complain that there's no teachers but then when I try to teach someone, even in the room, it says I don't have enough skill, even though I'm able to cast every spell. That cap seems to serve no purpose other than to annoy people. Why should I powergame up so people can nag me to come online when I don't want to and give them a lesson when I can already do anything I want with my current skills?
Tanistian_Kanea

nmaguire wrote:
Tanistian_Kanea wrote:then don't. 30 is low (or so it seems to me) to teach something.
There you go again. "I CANT SKILL UP LULZ ITS WELL NOT FAIR!!!11eleven!" And now "Oh, skilling up is so easy, getting 30 won't be a problem." :roll:
ummm... no. never said it was easy. i said it was low. really you need to read what i say, not what you think I say. also, i not sure i ever said skilling was actually hard to do, depending on the skill, what i said is that i don't have the time. finally, this post is not helpfull in any shape or form, it simply wastes people's time to read, and thus should never have been put up. thank you.

as for what skill it needs to be to teach, if it really is that bad, then it is understandable to want it lowered, just don't make it redicously low like 10 or something.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

What was the last mage character you've had Tanistan?
Tanistian_Kanea

if you have a problem say so. i think my experience using magic IG is painfully obious. i just think 10 is awefully low when alex JUST SAID you need 20 to use all the skills in that class... seems like you would want 20 anyway...
lets say you need
z% in skill a
y% in skill b
x% in skill c
w% in skill d
v% in skill e
to use all spells in the repective skill
then the required amount to teach runes should be u% of (vwxyz) to teach runes from (abcde)
and basic rune should be t% of (vwxyz) to teach from (abcde)

nice math. i don't even know what the number would work out to be. the only thing i care about is that the requirements to teach don't get insanely low.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

MoonDust wrote:What was the last mage character you've had Tanistan?
Tanistian_Kanea wrote:if you have a problem say so. i think my experience using magic IG is painfully obious..
Yes its obvious, because the answer to Blakes question is none, thus we all, with all I mean most of the mages player, ask ourself why the heck you still insist on posting.
Not to mention how you are first all like "omgozors make natural teaching rooms so the magic system can be fixed" and now as teachers ask for a reduction to teach a rune easier and thus speed up the process you are all like "Nooooeeesss sir, I wants to have annoying features still inside the games, pleases"
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

What Tanistian says is maybe simply stupid, but please stop the "you are no mage, stop talking here"-thing. This is a proposal-board where EVERYONE can tell us his thoughts; not only one single class.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Jupiter wrote:What Tanistian says is maybe simply stupid, but please stop the "you are no mage, stop talking here"-thing. This is a proposal-board where EVERYONE can tell us his thoughts; not only one single class.
To be fair, I can't speak about solving cook's problems because I don't play a cook. Similarly being negative about a proposal, when it doesn't effect you - and you know nothing about the problem - isn't really a good idea.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I probably only barely have 10 transformo, and only 'cause I pged it. Just because you require 20% base to cast it doesn't mean that with maxed atts and a wind wand you need more than.. say.. 6-7% to cast it?

Skill limits serve no purpose anyway and they just cause grief. It's hassle enough to teach people without having to pg to do it.
Tanistian_Kanea

AlexRose wrote:I probably only barely have 10 transformo, and only 'cause I pged it. Just because you require 20% base to cast it doesn't mean that with maxed atts and a wind wand you need more than.. say.. 6-7% to cast it?

Skill limits serve no purpose anyway and they just cause grief. It's hassle enough to teach people without having to pg to do it.
again. i don't know what level you need for what. i was simply stating it SEEMS low. if what you say is true, compare trans to the other skills and what level is required to teach each. If you need 80 to use all in pervy, but you teach at 60 then vola. you need 3/4 the skill required to use them all to teach it. So if what you say is true and at 10 you can use everything then poof. you get 8 (7.5 rounded up). Which i would like to add is exactly what my nice mathematical formal proposed for ya. finally i agree with skill limits to an extent, but not attribute limits for teaching. my opinons changed as information was given to me. however this would not be a problem if it was simply usefull to begin with.

and pella, i never went NOOO DON'T CHANGE IT. I said i don't see reason to. i was asking why change it? i was saying I DO NOT UNDERTAND THE PROBLEM I was shown reason, given explanation. now please just be quite unless you are actually trying to contribute something. I hope i made that clear to understand
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Llama

Post by Llama »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:I DO NOT UNDERTAND THE PROBLEM
Good boy - admittance is the first step towards solving it.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Now, can a dev tell us whether the proposal is accepted or denied please?