Questtime planner

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nitram
Developer

Questtime planner

Post by Nitram »

This proposal is basically a idea I got and in order that I do not forget it at all, I write it down here.

The quest announcement system needs to be extended to allow the GMs to enter multiple times when the quest could take place. The players need then a possibility to select the times when they are able to attend a quest. The voting system that is used for the character profiles can be used in concept here. How ever the time with the largest amount of "OK"s is the time when the quest takes place then.

In addition it could be useful if the GMs are able to vote the times separated to ensure that at the given time a GM is around for sure who is able to perform the quest.

This after all should improve the way the times of the quests are chosen.

On the counter part it can lead to a situation where the players living in time zones with a very low player density get rarely into larger quests.

Nitram
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

1.) Let there be an option for "I am fine with both/all times"
2.) Let the gamemasters see which chars/accounts have voted for which day
3.) Let the system be used in advisory way also, meaning that in some situations the gamemasters may choose the time which has less votes, simply because as you pointed out, they actually might be interested in including chars from uncommon timezones to prevent a total german/UK/US domination of all quest times always. ;)

I like the idea though.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Proposal: REJECTED

Sorry, had to do that. Good idea, by the way ;)
Kenneth Ladrus

Post by Kenneth Ladrus »

Couldn't you also do surveys on the board here?
Would have the same effect if you do an [English] and a [German] survey, the only thing that wouldn't work on the board here would be, what Cromwell proposed, to see who voted for what. But basically you could just say like: "Write with what Character you would go online and what you voted for" or something.
However, maybe less time-consuming.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

I like this idea, but like you said, people from less Illarion populated timezones don't get to play at a reasonable time. I'm one of those people. I can't make it to GM run events because they happen at 1 AM where I am. (I'm GMT +10)
Perhaps it would be possible to get an Australian gamemaster...who can run quests for people my side of the world. I'm sure there's other countries that need it as well.