Videos recording

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Karrock

Videos recording

Post by Karrock »

I think that videos recording and putting these into youtube would be great.
Besides of sharing logs (very helpful and fun after mass events) it could attract more players which would see that Illarion is real RP-game.

- Many games are only called as rpg but they aren't - so most of people probably don't trust in words on web.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

And the proposal is?
Thrym

Post by Thrym »

I don't think he's proposing a change or addition to the actual game, but rather a means of advertising it. :-/

I myself don't think youtube videos would be very effective in this.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I mean a form of addition to recording what is happening in game. It should recording only main screen.
I suppose in internet are programs to do it, but I'm not expert of this. So if there are good programs which has option to regulate by own choice what part of screen has to be recording may someone say which they are.
Later administrations could make a new subforum only for video-logs. Besides the best videos could advertising game on mainweb.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

there are programs you can get that essentially take a video screen shot. then take another program to edit this to just the game window and you are all set.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Illarion doesn't have movement enough to record stuff in it.. It isn't really worth it.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I made this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnlcqAoGWMQ

and if I can, everyone can xD
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........okay..that 'could' work but allso when i read the comments on youtube im not so sure i would want people from youtube joining illaRION, but it could work actually...and if the staff is on their toes every hour of the day with the youtube noobs then yeah..it 'could' work.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Like Moony said, there really isn't enough movement in Illa to make this idea hugely appealing to the casual player, which could counteract what Olaf-out-loud pitched.

And hey, any publicity is good publicity, right?
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Karrock wrote:I made this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnlcqAoGWMQ

and if I can, everyone can xD
Yyyyyyyeah, no.

That's really not appealing or fun to watch at all.. no sarcasm.

I'll try to record me and someone else going into the graveyard, or maybe on a treasure map or something.. I really don't think it's any good though.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

First- i made this one just for test. I know that putting these kind of videos makes nosense.

Idea is simple. Entering to game player switching on recording and when quiting switching off. Everything what he/she recorded is in his comp. Then player cuts what he wants and put it to youtube. In illa would rest only links.
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

I understand where he is coming from and i agree, maybe do it like the screen shots (No one the same race) cos i know a few people are put off by the whole lack of paperdolling, but if it attracts new people to Illa why not.... only problem is the whole money situation... How much will advertising cost? Where to do it? cos maybe youtube is not the best way to do it.

Maybe we all try to update the Illapidia site and link it to the official wikipedia because i tried looking on wiki the other day and all i could find was some russian dude. I mean come on people if we all chip in then we could get this done in no time. Illa is more than a game its like a community or a family (im the annoying little brother) so we need some new people in there. Throw the name about a bit, comment of a few sites about Illa
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

You may as well just go on the test server and spawn every cool monster, do huge area spells, get several gms together and show off like everything we have etc.

In fact, I'll frap the war tomorrow if someone reminds me :P
Tanistian_Kanea

how do you go on the test server? i've never actually bothered to even ask let alone find out but i'm kinda curious...
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Offer Nitram a virgin sacrifice.
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Whats a test server?
Tanistian_Kanea

#me goes and hog ties Alexander Knight, duct tapes his mouth shot, ties another rope to him then drags him to Nitram. "Here Nitram, I was told you took a virgin sacrifice as payment to get test server access, so here's a virgin. How shall I slay him for you, oh master?"
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

If this does go in, the default for it should be -off-. Seriously. It would be painful on the memory of a computer of a newb who doesn't know to turn it off.
Tanistian_Kanea

IMHO

Rejected for the following reasons:

1. Huge memory requirement.
2. Does nothing for IG quality
3. Would take huge amount of time.
4. Video recording for this game is next to pointless because there is so little movement. Good effect can be achieved with a series of fast screen shots.
5. This can be completely covered by third party programming already available and would be a complete waste of time for our developers to implement themselves.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Nothing to add.

Rejected.