Free Casey!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alexander Knight

Free Casey!

Post by Alexander Knight »

This is a Illa campaign to free SOMEONE
She isn't locked up, merely banned. Such campaigns are not appreciated.
Why am i making this topic do you ask? well she has been banned for playing multiple chars at once... but there is nothing in the rules apart from
You really think playing two characters at once is allowed? There is a rule about not AFKing, which is impossible to follow if you have two characters on. Also, you cannot possibly expect yourself to be able to keep up with two situations at once and still react adequately to each situation. Only I can! :wink:
If a player has multiple characters he/she has to separate them. All characters have their own mind and knowledge. They do not know each other. What is known to one character is most likely unknown to other characters. It is not allowed to exchange items between the characters, nor by using middlemen. Usage of more than one character at the same time or for common goals is forbidden.
It is a very cute quote you placed here, and this quote actually contains the reason why she was banned. I will copy it for your convenience: "Usage of more than one character at the same time or for common goals is forbidden."
If you had read your own quote carefully, you would have noticed that it was in the rules.

Blabla! Stop revealing people's chars!
She was not banned over having a common goal.

In fact i have Casey on msn and it wernt since today that i knew she even had other chars :)
That's lovely, but highly irrelevant.
I hope the GM's dont take this to heart but i honestly think its stupid
Thanks for the insult, that really helps your case.
Comment if you agree
I commented while I disagreed, sorry!

GM Mesha
Lura

Post by Lura »

Ryan, cut it out. Please.

Everyone else, I'm sorry, just please ignore this.

Casey
Alexander Knight

Nah Cas im not having a go just voicing my opinion in the best way i can
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

.. You're not allowed to play multiple chars ig at the same time. End of.
Alexander Knight

But Alex it doesnt state that in the rules.... if my comp was faster i would have done it lol it only says they are not allowed to work towards a common goal
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

There's more rules than are in the rules. Rules that have always been forbidden and people have got in trouble for and it was made clear were against the rules. Brooke's played for years, there's no way she could've not known that's VERBOTEN.

Edit: And anyway, it's clearly in the rules:

Usage of multiple characters at the same time... OR

This means NOT BOTH. It doesn't have to be for a common goal (though it more likely than not isn't). EITHER x OR y.
Last edited by AlexRose on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Rules wrote:If a player has multiple characters he/she has to separate them. All characters have their own mind and knowledge. They do not know each other. What is known to one character is most likely unknown to other characters. It is not allowed to exchange items between the characters, nor by using middlemen. Usage of more than one character at the same time or for common goals is forbidden.
I made it bold for you Alexander Knight.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Potential for flamewar 3/10
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Permanently banned or temporarily banned?

Not that it matters, it is written in the rules as Keikan pointed out.

How can you play two chars at the same time anyway? You can't roleplay with two different groups because you would need to keep switching windows and as soon as both groups start walking you're screwed.

-Matt
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

I am not entirely sure if it's Kosher to announce someone else's characters publicly, btw..

Would piss me off at least.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Mr. Cromwell wrote:I am not entirely sure if it's Kosher to announce someone else's characters publicly, btw..

Would piss me off at least.
Maybe that's why she asked him to cut it out? ;)
1d20

Re: Free Casey!

Post by 1d20 »

Alexander Knight wrote:Usage of more than one character at the same time or for common goals is forbidden.
LOLWUT.

I loved the character Rachael, but yeah, she broke a rule and she'll be unbanned eventually. This isn't LS-RP you know. "FREE X" doesn't work here. You're making a fool of both yourself and Casey (to the extent of her dissatisfaction as I can see.)

Now just be quiet, play your game and let the big girl deal with her stuff, she won't be banned permanently I'm sure. :)
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Lura wrote:Ryan, cut it out. Please.

Everyone else, I'm sorry, just please ignore this.

Casey
I accept your apology for his actions.

=)

And I as well hope that this is a short temp ban and that you will be ingame again soon.
Lura

Post by Lura »

Yes, it is a short temp ban, thank you all for your concern.

I really don't mind, I spoke to a GM and they explained the situation and I completely understand why I was banned, and I won't make the same mistake again. I will be back IG in two weeks or so, so no harm done, really. Please just lock this board now, because honestly, I really didn't want all my characters leaked like that... and I'd prefer this all was just over with at this point, it's really not a big deal.

Also, thank you MoonDust. :)
Drakon Gerwulf
Developer

Post by Drakon Gerwulf »

Sorry to hear you got banned Lura. I enjoyed the rps we had .

Alex I sent you a dove that was in game because thats how I thought your character acted, you need to take what I said and use it in real life. My friend what you just did was truely wrong all you did was just called out your friends characters for everyone to know. that would make me extremely mad if it happened to me, but I don't have to worry since I only play one.

Seriously my friend step back for a moment and look at what your doing to your friends think before you act and most definitely if you want to be someones friend help them and find a solution to the problem they have. not just jump on the board and start posting because you think its going to help her. Its not she got banned and that all that is said the game is for free if you don't like the out come then you have the choice to leave.

She seems fine with it and also know why so don't start more trouble for her or yourself. because yelling and screaming about something doesn't help in real life. you deal with and move on.

Your a nice guy Alex. just stop and use your head before charging in

{Edited here} I just remembered one more thing Watch your language in game Alex. you get a little much There are kids that do play this game as well, they may know it all ready but they don't need to hear it here you have been warned by Felix and I heard you say things twice that weren't acceptable for a game that has kids playing on it. so use your head again or you may be banned.

Sorry I usually don't post this kind of post but it needed to be said.

Drakon Gerwulf
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Lura wrote:Also, thank you MoonDust. :)
what

I was trying to be mean
Saigwin

Post by Saigwin »

Sweety I feel so bad for what Alex just did to you.

GM's how about limiting the damage done and erasing this thread for PO Rachael's sake.

Saigwin
Yvanna

Post by Yvanna »

Sorry to hear hon ... I should be finished with the damn school server by the time you are unbanned and I expect you will finally see Yvanna back on line ... (I guess she must be getting over her early pregnancy sleepiness :-) )
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

I would like to make a small statement here:

People's bans are not to be discussed in public. If you get banned, contact a Gamemaster, and feel free to rant against said Gamemaster. If you wish to rant though, contact me, I'm usually more thick-skinned. If you, as a player, feel that your ban was not justified, you fill in a contact-form.

Where, you might ask?

http://illarion.org/community/us_contact.php?contact=4 <---- There, I might say.

This is the form for use by the person who received the ban. Other people, such as Alexander in this case, should not deal with the bans of others. It is again, something between the GM and the player.

Onto the ban of the player in this case: It's a temporary ban, so you will have plenty more "RP"s in the future.

GM Mesha

Also commented on the first post for clarification