More Proposals?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

got some more :)
neither of them are really any good but i gotta get them on here before i forget

1. Big items such as axes take up more than one space in your belt/depot/bag cos i mean i was walking around yesterday with 4 suits of armor im my belt....

2. when you smoke weed (Sibinac?) you get hungry real quick :) (Munchies)
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Okay, here's a hint:

Everytime you find a suggestion, write it down on a piece of paper.

And once every 2 weeks, you're allowed to tell us 1 of these suggestions.

Deal?
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Alexander Knight wrote:neither of them are really any good
Oh good, lets not hear them then.
Alexander Knight wrote:but i gotta get them on here before i forget
Actually no... No you do not...

Alexander Knight wrote:1. Big items such as axes take up more than one space in your belt/depot/bag cos i mean i was walking around yesterday with 4 suits of armor im my belt....
Depot is magical infinite storage... A heavy item DOES take up more space in any bag. And if you think having 4 suits of armor is stupid to have in your belt, then put them in your bag.
Alexander Knight wrote:2. when you smoke weed (Sibinac?) you get hungry real quick Smile (Munchies)
This game has a fascinating aspect to it, its called roleplay. It's real interesting because it allows you to have your character react any you want them.

I feel you have an issue in that you don't realize that 100% of your proposals can be fixed by roleplaying.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

MoonDust wrote:Okay, here's a hint:

Everytime you find a suggestion, write it down on a piece of paper.

And once every 2 weeks, you eat the paper.

Deal?
Fix'd
Alexander Knight

Well better make crappy suggestions than not make any at all :)
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Alexander Knight wrote:Well better make no suggestions than wasting people's time :)
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Alexander Knight wrote:Well better make crappy suggestions than not make any at all :)
Not.. really?
Llama

Post by Llama »

nmaguire wrote:
Alexander Knight wrote:Well better make crappy suggestions than not make any at all :)
Not.. really?
Lets face it, for a suggestion to be implemented it has to be REALLY good and a dev/someone capable has to agree with that.

The more you make it clear that you're only producing rubbishy suggestions - the less people will read them. The less people will read them, the less devs will know about them - the less devs know about them, then the probability of them ending IG will turn negative.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Exactly.

You'd be like the boy who cried wolf except more like the boy who cried "omgz guyz dis time i gotz da greatist idea!!1!"
Alexander Knight

Yeh but to be fair if i get a good amount of people liking it il pm a gm and they in turn will notify the devs :) just have to think about a good enough one
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Yeah, that'll work out well, forward me a copy when that happens.
Christopher..Rigden

Post by Christopher..Rigden »

TOBACCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
orgis

Post by orgis »

Christopher..Rigden wrote:TOBACCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Nods*
Llama

Post by Llama »

Alexander Knight wrote:Yeh but to be fair if i get a good amount of people liking it il pm a gm and they in turn will notify the devs :) just have to think about a good enough one
Sure, but your credibility is becoming so low, that most devs people wouldn't bother reading your threads anymore.

You have any idea how much effort you need (and how little scripters we have)?

They're busy enough as it is doing nice and awesome stuff for everyone else. So get some credibility - post a few awesome suggestions AND stop posting crappy ones.
Ranwyln

Post by Ranwyln »

before this get offboard i would like to suggest something too...(nothing with influence in gamestats or something) but i guess it would be nice to get pets into it...like a dog/cat/chicken/rat/whatever) just needs to be small...(it ofcs cant attract enemys like a player does...) (prolly this was announced already somewhere so i am sorry for it.....)

but i still like this idea.....
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Alexander Knight

Ranwyln wrote:before this get offboard i would like to suggest something too...(nothing with influence in gamestats or something) but i guess it would be nice to get pets into it...like a dog/cat/chicken/rat/whatever) just needs to be small...(it ofcs cant attract enemys like a player does...) (prolly this was announced already somewhere so i am sorry for it.....)

but i still like this idea.....
I also proposed it :)
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Alright. Here it is:

When you get an idea about something that can improve the game, write it into the text box. Then write a -full- paragraph as to why this is a good idea, besides the fact that it might help you roleplay something very specific.

To put it into perspective, post in a manner such as this:

I would like for a new proposal system. The current one seems to be working, however there could be efficiencies added in to this and make it faster. Perhaps it could be done that there is a small group of people, appointed by the staff, to bring to light interesting topics from this board. Also, a limit to posts on this board would increase the ability of more quality posts rather than just the "Lol, no" or, "I want to mine 4 fish!". Players who continue to abuse this can also be removed from posting.

The benifits are a more stream-lined connection to the staff, with the important and more questioned posts going up, and the disapproved posts going down into the depths.

The draw backs of this, however, is that there will have to be more people to monitor this board, as well as to find this group of people.

If you can not think your posts through or they don't deserve their own thread, then you probably should not post it. A good way to start into proposing ideas, however, is to not propose at first. See what everyone else is posting. Add your opinion on other suggestions, and then learn how to defend/support/realise a post is bad. Once you do that, you will have a better time at proposing ideas for the game.
Alexander Knight

New One

I was playing just now beating up forest troll warriors and a shaman came along and bitchslapped me... and i thought, could it be possible to make it so that you get magic resistance skill by npc/monsters casting magic on you not just players? cos it aint fair if you play for like 3 months then some new guy comes along (who was lucky enough to get a teacher) casts a few spells and kills you, or atleast have some way of dodging it or maybe a mirror shield which refects it but breaks after a sword hits it
Llama

Re: New One

Post by Llama »

Alexander Knight wrote:I was playing just now beating up forest troll warriors and a shaman came along and bitchslapped me... and i thought, could it be possible to make it so that you get magic resistance skill by npc/monsters casting magic on you not just players?
Far as I know, its already ingame.

Next?
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

You don't really need to worry about newer characters casting dangerous spells either. By my estimate, the absolute earliest any mage character would be dangerous would be about 10 weeks.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Korwin wrote:You don't really need to worry about newer characters casting dangerous spells either. By my estimate, the absolute earliest any mage character would be dangerous would be about 10 weeks.
Unless of course the character is played by: Matt, Marius ...
Athian

Post by Athian »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Alexander Knight wrote:I was playing just now beating up forest troll warriors and a shaman came along and bitchslapped me... and i thought, could it be possible to make it so that you get magic resistance skill by npc/monsters casting magic on you not just players?

Next?

magic resistance will be useless if you have 3-6 willpower. it's like a fighter trying to fight with 3 con. No matter how high the skill gets a person with 3 willpower is always going to die to the shamans. ^^

Want Shamans to stop pwning you? stop making super maxed warriors :wink:
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

I figured I'd post this in here instead of making a thread about it..
Different fishies!
they could be rare catches like shark, swordfish, rainbow fish, etc., and could be used as trophies
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Athian wrote:
Hadrian_Abela wrote:

Next?

magic resistance will be useless if you have 3-6 willpower. it's like a fighter trying to fight with 3 con. No matter how high the skill gets a person with 3 willpower is always going to die to the shamans. ^^

This would be fair of course, if non-warriors & cloth users would take 2-4 hits to get killed by medium-low melee NPC's.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Mr. Cromwell wrote:
Athian wrote:
Hadrian_Abela wrote: Far as I know, its already ingame.

Next?

This would be fair of course, if non-warriors & cloth users would take 2-4 hits to get killed by medium-low melee NPC's.

explosions, freezing >swords

if we go about making everything relative then mages die in 1 possibly 2 hits and warriors die in one hit all the time.

mages still take plenty of damage from melee mobs(go ahead and give a character three con and go see before you guess :wink:). Medium-low melee mobs aren't skeletons and mummies though..more like ogres and trolls . mummies and skeletions are more like lowest-low.

And from what i hear people will take plenty more damage after the system change for being clothed rather then armored after the update.
Alexander Knight

Nope look on the wiki page
1.6 Magic Resistance

Magic Resistance deflects spells from you. Magic Resistance can only be gained from mages, and not monsters. The higher your magic resistance is, the more spells you can deflect. Someone with perfect magic resistance can't really be harmed at all by mages, and can even put out flames by simply standing on them. Some monsters are magic resistant (for instance: dragons or golems).
and with the tobacco thing it would be good if you are more likely to catch colds and poison and your health goes down slightly when smoking it... and suppresses the appetite :)
Athian

Post by Athian »

the Wiki is wrong and has been for a long time. it needs to be updated

Magic resistance decreases the amount of damage you can take from a magical attack. IF your resistance is greater then the spells caster (assuming you have the proper attributes to make the skill effective) then the spell is reflected back at the caster. You can gain magic resistance from monsters, but it is extremely difficult for uber fighters (those with low magic attributes) because they'll probably end up dead from the attempts, and the fact that they have low attributes against magic will make the skill useless against player mages or strong NPC casters.
Alexander Knight

Athian wrote:the Wiki is wrong and has been for a long time. it needs to be updated

Magic resistance decreases the amount of damage you can take from a magical attack. IF your resistance is greater then the spells caster (assuming you have the proper attributes to make the skill effective) then the spell is reflected back at the caster. You can gain magic resistance from monsters, but it is extremely difficult for uber fighters (those with low magic attributes) because they'll probably end up dead from the attempts, and the fact that they have low attributes against magic will make the skill useless against player mages or strong NPC casters.
Well Cos Alexander Knight is my first char i made him an all rounder just so i could find my rhythm so i got 10 on each and 14 on agility so i have enough and i have never leveled it up past level 1 (I once jumped into a mages fire and died instantly) so i cant level it up even tho i have ne KEL RA'd thousands of times from salk mages, demon skeles and trolls

So PLEASE HELP
Athian

Post by Athian »

Ten is enough for it to have some effectiveness. All i can say to you is magic resistance is a difficult skill to raise compared to any of the others. Your probably not raising it because your dying in the process.

I can't give you any training tips for it, there isn't any trick. you get hit you gain skill, end of story.

p.s.

I did just what you did for stats when i started playing ages ago. Made my characters as balanced as possible. I suggest you decide what you want to do and make a character around that. Your going to have to be a bit top heavy somewhere in your stats if you want to do anything with proficiency. Otherwise your just going to get frustrated

good luck anyway