Remove Instrument Emotes

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

Remove Instrument Emotes

Post by Llama »

I have made this suggestion tons of times.

The suggestion is to remove instrument skills, and to remove instruments emoting when you use them.

If I want to roleplay playing death-metal on a lute, I can #me it without any problems.

The only thing that the instrument skill does is encourage people to spam instrument auto-emotes everywhere. Yes, then you can report them to a GM, but what's the point of this again?

Yes I KNOW there was a magical project which was supposed to make real music noises when you use them - but when that happens, its pretty easy to fix the code back together again.

Just turn it off, all it does is irritate people - and you can roleplay it instead - infact you're not going gain anything auto-#me-spamming. Except maybe skill learning abuse.

ADDED:

And yes, when bard music comes out in AD 2101, we can put it back in as well.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I think they fixed the skill gaining abuse.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

I think there should be a cooldown of 30-60secs between visible emotes. Or just a cooldown like that for playing the instrument.

I mean, the emotes themselves are not bad or wrong. It's just that dumbasses run around spamming the chat non-stop with that.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

i would like to point out, it is not a problem with the system, but a problem with the players. just make it more serious to not spam instruments in town. whenever i wanted to raise my skill a little i would go into the middle of some woods where noone was.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Yes, but lets face it

you're emoting like mad, so you can gain more skill - and get nicer emotes.

When you can just #me instead...
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I wouldn't like to remove instrument skills since some of my char have them. I don't see why we need a written ig emote however though if kept set it to just emote to the char playing the instrument similar to the ones that tell you the sickle almost fell from your hand when picking herbs.
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Mhm... It really doesn't make any sense. What musician would keep emoting "#me plays a stilted melody on the harp"? It's boring... Any self-respecting person would use their own #me's :P
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

So i do with new chars, who say they can play f.e. flute.
Im not as stupid to say im a good flute player and then make sounds who sound like almost dead animals with the current system

I just make #me's. not the equal ones to the system, so anyone notices i am not really using it, but RP is RP.

Its like the research skill, doesnt make much sense, but you can read books. emotes you can write without skill.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Rekarafi wrote:Its like the research skill, doesnt make much sense, but you can read books. emotes you can write without skill.
Actually apparently there's a druid thing that uses the research skill - that's probably the only reason its still there.

Also the fact that nobody writes any books...
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Yeah, maybe ill write one sometimes, but RL doesn not give me much time, and that i am spending with playing instead of writing a book noone reads.

But yeah, the druid recipes are still in game as far as i know, so this is the reason you cant read some books and need to pg before.
I mean really, i do not read the same book 5 times to read the next one, so i just swap pages forth-back until swirly.

Hope 2 excuse my powergaming but first time i read all books.
Llama

Post by Llama »

*revives using the yellow cross*

Hello?