Maces swords or distance?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Joxini Baenra

Maces swords or distance?

Post by Joxini Baenra »

So i just would like to know.

What is better for what?
Not talking RP

Maces
Swords
Distance.

Do you do alot more damage with maces and such if you have high strength and agility then you would do if you just used swords?

I know distance is garbage until after the update.

Just wondering.
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

I heard serinjah-swords is the bread and butter of most Matts.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

I think, the developers tried to make the fight-system (also the new-in progress-one) close to the reality. So you can riddle by your own wich weapons are good for what. Sure a hammer is heavier than a sword. So it would make more damage. But the Sowrds are (faster) easier to swing arround. Maybee its importand to have more muscles if you swing a giant hammer.

In general there should for every Attribute-combination a 'perfect' choice.

greetings
RIncewind
Llama

Post by Llama »

Should this be moved to newbies or general? Its not really proposing anything.

And from what I know - if you use a sword, the strenght caps after a while. So whether you have 5 million strenght or 6 million doesn't make a difference. This 'cap' is higher for concussion.

This is what I've heard.

Serinjah swords are the most popular due to them being a mistake in the code. They should be slower, but someone flipped the two numbers by accident and BAM.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

what 'cap' is higher for concoussion weapons? tell meh! when the new fighting system hits us, like a starved lion that has lived of asparges's for 4 years, i will be midly ticked of if a noob with a dagger and shield OWNS my orc in sparring>,<
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The new fighting system is balanced.

While fighting with swords is currently the best fighting style. Concussion, puncture and distance will get a lot better with the new fighting system so all fighting styles have a proximal the same strength.

Nitram