rating of proposals.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tanistian_Kanea

rating of proposals.

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=23300
can SOMEONE. anyone. anyone at all. keep this thread up to date. is is reall usefull, should not take more then 30 seconds a day. and save so much effort. it would stop people posting same one twice because they could simply look and see it listed there somewhere. it also lets the players know the devs do pay attention. it's great to have players make tons of good, constructive ideas but some feed back is needed from the dev's.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

My friend, the thing is that the devs are currently all working a lot harder than when this Proposals board was implemented. Back then they had not much to do so they had time to read these posts and do something about them after some days or weeks.

Unfortunately for the proposals thread, there is so much on the development list now that any posts here really are going to waste if they are not amazingly benefitial to the game.

-Matt
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Indeed.

Honestly the most of the "proposals" are not more then some ideas that were not worked out and nobody thought about them more then a few seconds. And then they get lost maybe or the get scrambled by dozens of answers that slowly move away from the topic, if they are even related to the topic.
For me and the other Developers is rather frustrating investing time in reading this board very closely. We have a giant pile of things to do and using time to read this board knowing that there is a good chance that there are zero useful things to read, is not very motivating.

Nitram
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

then perhaps assign someone (i'd volunteer, though preferably someone with a better understanding of illarions technical aspects) to filter out the junk ones from the decent ones? You say if we want something changed to ask, why not both ways?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Nitram is right. Most threads are tiresome to read. Maybe a small codex helps to write good proposals. Like this:
  1. Make sure your concept was not proposed before. Use the search function
  2. Try to write your suggestion in english or bilingual
  3. Upon having an idea, try to answer the following questions:
  4. Write down your proposal in all detail. If you need technical informations, refer to the documentation above or ask a developer
  5. Re-read your proposal, it should contain all necessary informations. "Make the graphics better" is nothing, "Change the alias channel of the graphic of items 3698-3932 to A" is a necessary information
  6. Post your proposal if you are convinced that a developer could implement your idea without any further informations
  7. Do not respond on proposals in a way like "I agree" or "This is a bad idea". The devs decide
  8. Long discussions are usually in vain. Nobody reads them except the involved persons. In special not the devs
  9. If you want to make an addition to a proposal, carefully plot your concept and point out the differences in detail
  10. Do not spam a topic. Every post a dev has to read takes time, time that could be used to implement awesome features
I could also rate the proposals, even though I'd act pretty much like a lawn mower...
Cassandra Fjurin

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:then perhaps assign someone (i'd volunteer, though preferably someone with a better understanding of illarions technical aspects) to filter out the junk ones from the decent ones? You say if we want something changed to ask, why not both ways?
Every person who has enough technical understanding to make this, is needed in a better way.