Banish

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tanistian_Kanea

Banish

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

I was just thinking cause of somethine alex said in off topic (summons 10 demon somethings). If mages can summon creatures can they not banish a summoned creature?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

They can only summon a few types of creature, I was just joking about how there's actually no technical restriction on a GM beating the people of TB, they just have to use GM powerz.

And it's easy to banish summon creatures. You cast KEL RA QWAN on them a few times. :P

I don't think this proposal has a chance at being implemented because you'd have to add a way of knowing which creatures were summoned and which weren't, put extra spells into the game and there's really not much point when the only summonable creatures that do damage are skeletons, mummies, ogres, bees and flies. We already have attack spells for disposing of those.
Tanistian_Kanea

i know there are only a few that can be summoned, and i know the point you where making. it made me think on a tangent. and you could have a strong and weak banishing spell, that only works on summoned creatures (which are already seperate i believe because summoned creatures don''t drop items, or at least it was discussed at one point).

as for reasons, it would be a good thing is to more easily despel summoned creatures, basically so that getting rid of the creatures is as easy as summoning them, instead of more dificult (or at least more mana). it would also be usefull for peacefull mages.
Thrym

Post by Thrym »

Banishing sounds more like a Priest skill anyways. (And priest stuff is in the works, says the little bird...)
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The monsters created by mages are used by some spawnpoints as well. And there is not way to seperate the monsters created by a mage from those created by a spawnpoint.

So that one does not work.

Nitram
Tanistian_Kanea

could you not double these said creatures, make them same name and everything just change the ID of the monster? skeleton from spawn is monster 1136, skeleton from summon is 2136
or however the are stored?
Tanistian_Kanea

Thrym wrote:Banishing sounds more like a Priest skill anyways. (And priest stuff is in the works, says the little bird...)
makes me think of D&D turn/rebuke undead.
cleric/pally skill