Admonishments

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tanistian_Kanea

Admonishments

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

Just a thought here. Like the law system in most countries after while you can try and a get a pardon for anything you did. Could we do the same in Illarion? Say six months (active or semi-active), and a PM saying why you think it should be removed. Just my thoughts here for the players that play a long time.
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

So you just mean a criminal who kept his head down for some months/years should be removed from the WANTED-posters?

Sounds good. In the case the criminal stays "clean" during the period.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I second this idea, As someone currently paying for a Ban bacause of previous admonishments:

One for abusing building shadows - Happened months ago.
One for multiple PK it seems - Happened while I was trying to play an evil character, months ago.
The last one for attacking a newbie - Happened 2 weeks ago.

The last "Ban" was affected by those first two admonishments which happened months ago. I have been playing for years, and plan to enjoy many more. I shouldn't have to keep paying for mistakes with longer bans or even a perma-ban!

There's got to be a way to wipe these from the record somehow. Can't I just do some "Service" to the game instead? Pay a fine? Something to make up for past crimes? Something "constructive" rather than destructive?

I'm sure I'm not the only player who's made mistakes here. :)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I got one for cloning temple blackstones, because I was told that since there was no other way of getting blackstones anymore it was legit to clone them and rp a ritual for transfering the magic to the other stones.

But oh well :P . My fault for listening.
Llama

Post by Llama »

How about making it based on how long you've been playing as well? So if you've been playing for a few years, and just made a few messed up things once or twice, you don't end up suffering needlessly.

Otherwise, you should all be good and you wouldn't need to get punished :P
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

AlexRose wrote:I got one for cloning temple blackstones, because I was told that since there was no other way of getting blackstones anymore it was legit to clone them and rp a ritual for transfering the magic to the other stones.

But oh well :P . My fault for listening.

You guys all pinned that on me, I have an adminishment saying I TAUGHT everyone how to do it. :evil:

-Matt
Velask

Post by Velask »

Send unmarked notes to:
  • 24 Seriously Guys
    We thought of this.
    England
    BH23 8PT
And I will clear all previous admonishments. :P

GM Velask
Zak

Post by Zak »

You guys really shouldn't worry too much, I merely wanted to provide some more information, no panic. :D As I said, the permaban is really barely enforced because someone has many admonishments (I know an account with 9).
I don't think the system will be changed after it seemed to work for years now *dashes into the bunker* BUT you can keep coming up with good ideas. Maybe there will be something picked up by the staff, no promises though.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Try here: http://www.amnesty.org/ :-P

You can be sure that we'll never suspend an account of somebody we consider a valuable part of the community.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Retlak wrote:I have an adminishment saying I TAUGHT everyone how to do it.
What a ridiculous assertion!

(Didn't you manage to pin it on Chris?)
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I DIDN'T DO IT FULL STOP!

-Matt
Saigwin

Post by Saigwin »

Would it be possible to hear what would constitute a perma ban as a couple have come up where people have not understood why such a harsh punishment was justified.

Actually there seems to be a alot of bans lately. have the gm team decided to crack down or something?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Those who commit serveral serious rule violation, show absolutely no insight and learn nothing from offered help or reject any constructive feedback on their flaws may get their account suspended. Those who do not understand why they got banned for good are usually those who did not understand any well-intentioned hint and do not understand what Illarion is all about. If there is any concrete problem with a ban, please contact gm_complaint. Bans aren't discussed in public.

The number of perma bans of the last few months can be counted with the fingers of your hands, btw.
Damien

Post by Damien »

The more immature people come in, the more bans will (and have to) come into effect. It's a simple calculation.
If the number of bans increase, it doesn't necessarily mean that the staff is becoming ban-happier. It can also mean that more players came in, or specifically that more immature people came in :p
Llama

Post by Llama »

Estralis Seborian wrote:You can be sure that we'll never suspend an account of somebody we consider a valuable part of the community.
*slides Estralis a 100Euro note* I'm valuable right ? ;)
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Estralis Seborian wrote:You can be sure that we'll never suspend an account of somebody we consider a valuable part of the community.
*slides Estralis a 100Euro note* I'm valuable right ? ;)
He's valuable. I use him to shamois my car.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

As we noticed you players feel slightly uncomfortable with the admonishments you got stored in your account. And since we want to make you feel good playing Illarion we came to the point that you need a possibility to remove the admonishments and clear your dark past. But we expect a return for the work and the favor to forget the misstakes you did. So you have to do something to help Illarion, to support us directly so we forget your past mistakes.

So you offer everyone to get rid of one admonishment in his account by writing and submitting 3 proper NPCs written with the simple NPC language. What is "proper" is the desicion of a GM or a developer. Who ever does not feel like writing a NPC or who thinks that he is not able to write NPCs with that simple language has to suffer his admonishments.

Nitram
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

That's like saying "It doesn't matter what rules you break provided you script npcs" >_>
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

AlexRose wrote:That's like saying "It doesn't matter what rules you break provided you script npcs" >_>
There are limits to what admonishments and who can script their admonishments away.
Alsaya

Post by Alsaya »

Well, if anyone is interested in it but lacks ideas just ask. I have some NPCs that need to be scripted :wink:
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

AlexRose wrote:That's like saying "It doesn't matter what rules you break provided you script npcs" >_>
Yes.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

So can you script 3 npcs in advance for a free pking spree?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

AlexRose wrote:So can you script 3 npcs in advance for a free pking spree?
You can do this, but I hope your NPCs are really good then.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

It's going to be obvious when you script 3 npcs and then go on pking spree imediately after, they obviously won't remove your admonishment then.

-Matt
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

admonishment for stupidity
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Vilarion wrote:
admonishment for stupidity
I'd better get scripting.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Nitram wrote:As we noticed you players feel slightly uncomfortable with the admonishments you got stored in your account. And since we want to make you feel good playing Illarion we came to the point that you need a possibility to remove the admonishments and clear your dark past. But we expect a return for the work and the favor to forget the misstakes you did. So you have to do something to help Illarion, to support us directly so we forget your past mistakes.

So you offer everyone to get rid of one admonishment in his account by writing and submitting 3 proper NPCs written with the simple NPC language. What is "proper" is the desicion of a GM or a developer. Who ever does not feel like writing a NPC or who thinks that he is not able to write NPCs with that simple language has to suffer his admonishments.

Nitram
Three admonishments times three NPC's......9 NPC's...OK, you got a deal Nitram!

~Uses the time during his ban to script 9 characters~
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Have I been away too long? I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

*admonishes the staff for public display of desparation*
Llama

Post by Llama »

Kamilar wrote:Have I been away too long? I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

*admonishes the staff for public display of desparation*
When it was originally suggested it was a joke due to a misinterpretation of a title.

But hey, the community will be pretty happy when we have all those new NPCs don't you think :) ?
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Sort of like in prison, working off your time and getting out sooner?