Another pathetic attempt

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Morbius

Another pathetic attempt

Post by Morbius »

Hello, ive decided after a long chat on the forum to ask if the might game masters will allow me a compleat reset of my charecters attribute. Now i know that everyone will think thats a huge ask and extreamly unfair to the other players, but that kind of thing should be allowed for new players such as myself who dont really have much idea about anything. Ive been trying to make a fighter okay, and my attributes well.....suck, and no matter how much my skills go up i remain pritty useless, so if any one out there feels like taking pitty on my poor weak charecter it would be greatly apreciated.

PS
In the likely event that i posted this in the wrong place im sorry, but like i keep telling everyone im still just a newb.
Thank you.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

as previous discussed in the other forum we(some of the older players) are for you swapping dexterity and agility. but not a complete reset. however it seems as though many of the GM's and dev's are on break because they have not stated whether another nuetral teaching room will be put in or not. even though i have asked (and yes, this is trying to raise attention to it. AGAIN.) however you have been told (before the players agreed) that you would only be able to switch two points.
Llama

Post by Llama »

If I were you I'd talk to one directly. Send a PM to one of them GM's and ask nicely, or use the IRC link on the homepage to talk to one in real time.

Pick any GM you like - best ones to ask are Alsaya or Zak (not sure if Mesha is back [well I know he's here just don't know if he's officially on the job again]) - They're the most leniant :P
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Surely the older, loyal players who've been here for years whose characters have built up relationships and they're really attached to, and have helped with the community and helped illarion have more grounds for a character stat change than a char who was made 2 weeks prior that nobody's heard of. I'm all for making newbies feel welcome but we shouldn't give them big benefits that people who've been here for years can't have just because they're new.
Llama

Post by Llama »

You're missing the point Alex.

That said I'd like to change my attributes... :P
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

The point is that you're trying to be nice to the newbie because he's having a hard time because his atts aren't optimal, even though if he changed his atts he'd probably still make huge mistakes. Meanwhile there are people like YOU who have chars who don't have proper mage attributes even though they have most of the runes and a well established character. You can't just remake your character and so you're stuck with the attribute choice you made when you weren't even considering it properly. This guy is the last person who needs his char changed, I doubt many people know who his char are yet and he can't have skilled up high enough that he can't rectify it after his attribute change within a few weeks. He can just delete his char and remake it with his old name and all he'll have to do is re#i a few people and train a bit. If YOU remade if old players returned after a long while, they wouldn't realise who your char is. You'd have to do loads of powergaming and you'd have to get someone to teach you all your runes again, plus I guess you'd lose some items too.

Sure, he's a newbie, so we should be nice to him, but we shouldn't go throwing privileges that other people need much more and can't have just because he's new. Why don't we have him a GM trowel too while we're at it? That'll make him feel welcome.

(I'm not above using the slippery slope fallacy, incidentally :P).
Llama

Post by Llama »

The point is - he's new. He hasn't done anything significant with his old attributes, such that he abused of the fact that he had good attributes for A before, and now he has good attributes for B.

In that sense, I don't see anthing wrong with anyone changing their attributes, provided their name does not begin with an Ma- ,and its not to create a Superhuman character.

I never saw the point of attributes anyway.

But that's just me.
pharse

Post by pharse »

. <= this is the point.

The rule should apply to everybody.

My tip: either you delete the char and redo him with your favourite attributes or you just play him along and try everything here and there, then you create another char where you can avoid all your mistakes (as you don't know the game that good) from the very beginning (every newbie does those, I did them too)
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

Wow i seem to agree with everything thats been said, which is odd because i'm pritty good at finding things to complain about. Maby i should just make a new charecter with the same name, but the thing is id rather find a way to stop this kind of thing happening to others in the first place. Any more ideas?
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

I would say IF the game was not free, IF you couldn't make five characters, IF you couldn't delete and remake your character even transferring your map and name files, and IF you couldn't fight at all with the stats you have, nor simply do crafting which it appears your stats are great at, then: there may be a problem. Still playing my original character bad stats and all, I would suggest simply try to enjoy the game along with the roleplay?
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Same question - same answer.
I'm sorry.

Morbius wrote:extreamly unfair to the other players,
Correct.