Is Magic a broken system?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

Retlak wrote:
Hadrian_Abela wrote:So how would you address the fact that there will be too many mages running around? Nerf mages?

Too many mages isn't even a problem, It's a worry that you've came out with for yourself.

I do agree that walls and like should not be amongst any noob mages though, for annoyance reasons.

-Matt
I think too many mages is a problem, just for the record.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Try before you buy.

-Matt
Tanistian_Kanea

Retlak wrote:Try before you buy.

-Matt
bought kraft "to many mages" so i know i won't like cambel's "to many mages"
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:
Retlak wrote:
Hadrian_Abela wrote:So how would you address the fact that there will be too many mages running around? Nerf mages?

Too many mages isn't even a problem, It's a worry that you've came out with for yourself.

I do agree that walls and like should not be amongst any noob mages though, for annoyance reasons.

-Matt
Don't feel special enough?

I really don't think that anyone should be surprised here: If the scenario is such that by doing A, you will get to own and do extremely neat stuff, or by doing B, you'll be OK if your stats are right, most people will choose A because of rational self interest. If it's more interesting AND more efficient in the end, why not?

If everyone in the game suddenly wants to become a mage, maybe the actual issue you should be thinking about is something else entirely than "there are too many mages around". Like.. hmm.. why? :wink:
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

nowitzjt wrote: The Magic Academy=The Federal Reserve System

End the FED
Best post ever.
Tanistian_Kanea

Mr. Cromwell wrote:
Tanistian_Kanea wrote:
Retlak wrote:

-Matt
Don't feel special enough?
I don't actually have magic yet, so i don't feel that special.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

The amount of mages that are on consistantly, in the public eye, is very few in my opinion. Its at a good number, and it could withstand an increase.
Tanistian_Kanea

Vern Kron wrote:The amount of mages that are on consistantly, in the public eye, is very few in my opinion. Its at a good number, and it could withstand an increase.
though to make myself clear i think i missed one key word. I think to many mages COULD be a problem. It is currently not.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Too many mages COULD be a problem.

Changing the magic system COULD be a problem.

Having more newbies enter Illarion COULD be a problem.

Nitram missing one line of coding COULD be a problem.

I understand your concern entirely, but It's not a valid reason for we should not do these things in the first place.

-Matt
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

The world might also end in 2012. Or today (apparently). Those COULD be problems. We'll see.
Tanistian_Kanea

i'm saying we should seek balance. not to many and not to few. so i am for more mages
nowitzjt

Post by nowitzjt »

Well, for all the elitists out there, you won, I quit and deleted all of my characters, I'm sure people could give a crap but I decided since this was the thread I started I minus well put this last post and finish what I started. Hope the game improves, but from what I can see and the people that I've met that are indoctrinated into thinking "well that's just how things should work" regardless of how much you make people miserable you've annoyed me greatly with your lack of common sense and inability to think for yourself, and for the good of the game. Quite frankly I'm way too old for this shit, I'm sure there's games out there that are a lot more fun, hell I hate to say it but even WoW is more fun than some of the bullshit going on here.
~Bad stuff deleted - Zak PS: Sorry to see you leave though. ~

Josh
Zak

Post by Zak »

Time to lock.