Quality/Qualität

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Friedwulfa

Quality/Qualität

Post by Friedwulfa »

Sollte es einem Handwerker gelingen etwas herzustellen was 95% Qualität und Haltbarkeit hat oder höher wäre die Gravur "Crafted by xyz" echt ne kewle Werbung,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If a crafter makes an item which has more than 95% Quality and Durability a engraving with "crafted by xyz" would be a good advertisment.

((idea stolen at UO))
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

that would be a cool thing to have :) just have a popup box then you type in the box, like with give person name. and maybe have the option of engraving the name of the owner of the crafted item and such at the same time to? ALLTHOUGH i dont like the "having to be 95% quality to engrave" thing..maybe 50% or more instead?
Last edited by Olaf Tingvatn on Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I like the idea a lot.
Friedwulfa

Post by Friedwulfa »

Dat sollte schon was sehr Besonderes sein. Und eine Automatikgravur ist von daher am sinnvollsten, weil alles andere missbraucht werden könnte(würde).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It should be very special. And i think the automatic engraving is the best, because otherwise it could be misused.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Well done Fried.

-Matt
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

There's a technical limitation on naming things yourself anyway, that's why pharse makes special items and there was a big discussion about potion naming.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Currently not possible, in future, maybe... depends on what our devs decide. But as far as I know, there are much more important things on their roadmap than storing a string with individual items. Maybe you can make up more important and useful applications to encourage them to add a string variable to items? ATM, you can bug pharse to name items manually, see:

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=29218
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Yes. And then you have to pay a huge amount of silver to have your name on one item that won't last more than a week anyway.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

I like the idea.

However, considering what Estralis said..

Is it easier to script items which, when you use them with another item, autoadd a predefined script-description? Say, you tell Pharse to create 50 "Gravure: Property of Cromwell I the Awesome" descriptions, which I could stamp on things IG. That would then be 10s per the design, but say 1-2s per each of the mass-produced descriptions.

I could then use those descriptions with any non-stackable items.
You see a Serinjah Sword with the gravure "Property of Cromwell I the Awesome"
You see a Black Coat with the gravure "Property of Cromwell I the Awesome"
You see a Steel plate with the gravure "Property of Cromwell I the Awesome"
And I would have used 3 out of 50 of those stamps.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

In fact your idea is possible, Crommy. How ever it requires work and a load of changes in the Database and the scripts in order to in-cooperate it with special effect items, currently labeled items and so on.

Not really important now and just right now we don't have something like a lack of work ;-)

Nitram
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Understood. ;)

However: Would it also be possible to in fact generate "generic" descriptions which could, in fact, be purchased from IG without any interference at all? I started wondering because I saw that the NPC scripts enable the NPC to respond with the name of the character through the %CHARNAME or whatever that was:

I figured if similiar system could be possible for two or three different generic descriptions such as "Made by %charname", "Property of %charname".. where the name of the character using the description on the item would be planted on the item.

Of course, it would be good if players would say whether they like the idea or would use such things themselves.
Aust

Post by Aust »

I've read Nitram's post, and realise the suggestion will not be implemented in some time. I think its a great idea though, and hope it will be possible in the future =)
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Agreed.
pharse

Post by pharse »

@Cromwell: Generic descriptions are possible but they can't be dynamically adjusted. The %CHARNAME thing works because the char is currently present. But if someone else looks at the item, we could only display his own name. We can't save dynamically a char name.

Generic descriptions are possible, e.g.:
"... with the Troll's Bane coat of arms"

It has to be hardcoded in the scripts.