Lamps within cities

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Grunlor Milroth

Lamps within cities

Post by Grunlor Milroth »

I noticed alot of the lampstands around the towns. I was wondering about having larger barrels for them that can be filled during the day by any city workers / guards that way they can burn all night to provide light within the townships alone and once day break hits they need to be replenished to some degree.
maryday

Post by maryday »

pharse wrote: Night Watchman / Nachtwächter
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Soon there may be a npc that turns lights on everywhere Auto.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

I think it would be a good thing for cities to hire someone to do. Like the GUARDSMEN. just make it easier for it to be done IN the town. Like... maybe "Town Torch" or "Town Lamp" which cost like 1/10 the price and last twice as long and are made in batches of 10. Otherwise it just becomes impractical for torches to be bought and used when one person cannot even lite them all before they start going out.

NOTE: these numbers are idea only. as I do not know how much a torch actually costs or how long they last and even if i did the numbers would still have to be balanced.
Firedragon

Post by Firedragon »

I like this idea
maryday

Some thoughts of a night watchman on tour...

Post by maryday »

@pharse; How long many lines has the basic script for that watchman, without concluding townsize?

TO TOPIC;
None the less maybe another point where the development of collaborative usable items(->containers) might be continued with; :wink:

A "barrel" where anyone can "pour" lampoil into, lighting the whole town with mentioned "townlights"?
((->The more lights are to be connected to the trigger"barrel", the more oil has to be poured into the barrel to reach a , depending, higher degree of light.

examples;
-1 lamppost burns 1 night (to be adjusted to IG-clock) at full illumination with 1 unit oil;
-10 lampposts burn 1 night at 1/10 illumination capacity with 1 unit oil;

Not all lampposts would need to be connected to urban system.
A lamppost beeing connected to the system could be filled seperately (->triggering standard illmination timer)), without beeing disconencted from system temporaryly=>would still subduct its normal part from the urban "oilpool".
((Maybe the lampposts could even be switchen on/off by simply using them? =>stopping connection to "oilpool"?));
You see: Lightpost with the sign of Trollsbane.
The IG price of an interconnected lamppost would be slightly higher then the one of a normal one,
while the communal oilbarrel would have to be bought seperately.

"Examining closely" the oilbarrel could give a estimated duration/number of nights, the oil would suffice
(->depending on PER?/town citizenship?/char town ranking?);
You see: The oil barrel of Trollsbane is about to be empty soon.
or
You see: The oil barrel of Trollsbane looks like its content might suffice for 3 nights.
((As it would be no "item" container accepting different items, the ammount of oil could be simply stored on the server as max. four numbered digit, beside the actual "tax" upcome));
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

interesting idea. i'd just like to say that this seems like a very modern idea, where having someone go around lighting lamps seems more traditional. plus, mine gives something for the town guard of trollsbane and other towns to do on a regular basis, as it SHOULD be there job to maintain, paid for by the town itself through taxes.
pharse

Re: Some thoughts of a night watchman on tour...

Post by pharse »

maryday wrote:@pharse; How long many lines has the basic script for that watchman, without concluding townsize?
about 1000 lines

Everything is ready. The first night watchmen will be implemented in ~3 weeks. Currently I don't have the time to do this.