Make useless weapons useful!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

Post by Llama »

The devs aren't monkeys you know... they know what they're doing (in theory)

So wait until the system does come out before you complain and throw in suggestions, what do you think?
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

for the dual-dagger-guys:
is it possible to create some sort of "defence-dagger"?
technical it works like a shield, increasing defence, but looks like a dagger ingame...so the dual-dagger-guys can still have 2 daggers?
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Please everyone, stop suggesting things for a system which has already been in production since a very long time. The dev team haven't just suddenly thought up this fighting system and need proposals, they have already worked hard to make everything work how it should work.

Not having your "dual-dagger" in the new system will be even more effective against enemies than having "dual-dagger" in this current system, providing you choose everything else correctly I assume.

-Matt
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Kranek wrote:for the dual-dagger-guys:
is it possible to create some sort of "defence-dagger"?
technical it works like a shield, increasing defence, but looks like a dagger ingame...so the dual-dagger-guys can still have 2 daggers?
Yes, you can use programs like Blender, Maya or 3D Studio Max for this purpose. But I'd prefer not to have such an item for reasons you will understand sooner or later.
Joxini Baenra

Ehh..

Post by Joxini Baenra »

I love the fighting system right now, I know what i say cant change it but still.. EHhh... I find dual weapons are there for everyone, like people said, the fighting style of certain eras or places.. In all the stories i read (Ex icewind dale trilogy) Drizzt Do'urden has Dual scimatar (Kind of like serinjah), and Atremis Entreri has that (if he was in illarion) Red Dagger and Drow Blade.. i think dont take out dual wield but if you use certain combinations that you get certain attributes..
Dagger + dagger = dodge
Dagger + mace = Not compatible so minus on dodge
Dagger + serinjah = more landing on attacks and greater defense
Dagger + longsword = fast attacks and more damage
So on so forth

I know Its unbalanced but its just my opinion..
Thx.
(Dont flame my suggestion please.. Im still learning this game :oops: :oops: )
Llama

Post by Llama »

In real life I doubt that using two weapons was a good idea at all. I'd suppose its pretty hard to focus on attacking with both AT THE SAME TIME.

If there's no dual weilding - you can make shields pretty useful (which will make future carpenters happy - they're getting the shields I would think), and it'll be more balanced for heavy one-handers too.

You choose - sacrifice your dodge for more damage or not.
Mesha

Re: Ehh..

Post by Mesha »

Joxini Baenra wrote:I love the fighting system right now, I know what i say cant change it but still.. EHhh... I find dual weapons are there for everyone, like people said, the fighting style of certain eras or places.. In all the stories i read (Ex icewind dale trilogy) Drizzt Do'urden has Dual scimatar (Kind of like serinjah), and Atremis Entreri has that (if he was in illarion) Red Dagger and Drow Blade.. i think dont take out dual wield but if you use certain combinations that you get certain attributes..
Dagger + dagger = dodge
Dagger + mace = Not compatible so minus on dodge
Dagger + serinjah = more landing on attacks and greater defense
Dagger + longsword = fast attacks and more damage
So on so forth

I know Its unbalanced but its just my opinion..
Thx.
(Dont flame my suggestion please.. Im still learning this game :oops: :oops: )
Thanks for trying to help and improve the game. Please, keep doing so in the future!

However, to your current suggestion, the books you read are what they are. Fiction. Illarion, as a game, is fiction as well, but that does not mean that our sources are fiction as well. The new fighting system is well under way, and changes at this point cannot be made so easily. Interesting ideas, nonetheless.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Thrym wrote:The only true dual-wielding that happened historically was with rapier and dagger for a time during the rennaisance, so I'm not at all opposed to taking dual-wielding out of the game. It's more realistic with a single weapon.
Know what? People also often died after a single successful strike of a sword. They also died forever and weren't ressurected constantly. Cutting a tree down takes hours upon hours, and once your done you are too tired to continue doing anything else. I could go on... Realism in video games almost always = NOT FUN.

The idea of taking away dual wielding sounds terrible, but i'll of course wait and see the update before i try to bash any of these ideas =)