Profile pictures.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

dellakim thornbrae

Profile pictures.

Post by dellakim thornbrae »

Alright i dont know how possible this would be and anyone who knows me knows i have no clue how things work with graphics etc...so bear with me!

I think it would be great if there was a picture for each race in each sex, that was a standard picture. It would be displayed on your profile in the online list and when you changed your clothes, and maybe even picked up a weapon, this was displayed in the picture. I think it would give more meaning to changing your clothes and dressing well as people would be able to see what you were wearing by looking at your profile and it seems like less trouble than all the work of making it possible ingame. I think it would be good if you could also still display any personal pics of your char next to the standard race picture if you wanted to.

I dont really know if this is a really stupid suggestion :) I do think it would be fun, though maybe not for the people who would have to put it into place. No idea how much work that would be or anything. I think it would be good for tailors in the game and i know alot of people on other games like to personalise there char in some way so it might encourage more people to try illarion if it had this feature.

Thanks for reading :)
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

I like the idea...but I think it might be alot of work and fall under the "nice to have" catagory.
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

I would not like a "standard picture" unless you could still use a larger more individual profile picture if that is what you meant. As far as the clothes idea, this would be similar to paper doll which graphically is unreachable at this time though would be nice for the future.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Paperdolling requires a ton of graphics - but if its just a static image, its not going to require as much as having to animate them.

If you're any good at graphics, and willing to produce a bunch of high-quality, you can set the wheels in motion - otherwise this is falling under the 'nice to have' category.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

There is a standard picture. Its the race picture. I guess this is fine.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Erm...Hey.
I really like this idea. If I were to produce these pictures...say like...two pictures for each race(male and female), and ...using paperdolling...all the outfits for each race as well, maybe a background...Would someone be willing and able to shove it into the game?