WAR!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kundra

WAR!

Post by Kundra »

Ok. So I'm going to post something a little different. And it is a bit -----------loose-----------.

Instead of proposing something to the Developers of the game I would like to propose something to the questers and players alike. There seems to be a problem constantly about ruthless Pking etc.. Perhaps it isn't as bad as it used to be, but perhaps it is. I'm not sure. But anyway, I think a good way to shorten the chance if not eliminate the chance of this occurring all the time (with be it players who have lost interest and think it would be fun to pk people, or new players who think it would be fun to pk people) would be to have more organized 'battles' or 'wars' to give these players something to aim toward with their 'skilling'. I'm not saying I want Illarion to turn into chaos, and have no true roleplay - because these things can - lead to interesting rp.

In short I think there should be more quests that involve threats (preferably not ~just~ in towns and the mighty trollsbane etc, because that always pisses people off, who never wanted anything to do with it ;).) to the isle, guilds, towns, the whole island or whatever, because it will give these 'warriors' something to throw their sticks at.

Be it on your head to wonder
If this post was bound to blunder
Great it was nevertheless
I
D
E
A
Kenneth Ladrus

Post by Kenneth Ladrus »

I would like to see Bane or another town under siege, would be a funny situation. It's a pitty there are no catapult-graphics or things like that.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

I think we need a major battle quest or something...life on gobaith has been so uneventful as of late...
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

But also think about the new players.
They wont stay a chance in a big war thingy.

So just dont let it play in Troll's Bane cause its the meeting points of all nubz IG

Else...gr8 idea 8)
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

1. Troll's Bane has been important many times in quests, and it can hold up to a seige. Just get some characters interested. I know there are some out there.

2. Seiges usually last about an hour till everyone is dead and annoyed. Announcing it oocly may be a good thing, some time ahead.

3. Idiots who just take a city for no rp reason will probably be disliked. Same with clouding. <3.

4. If you do not break the newbies into the game quickly, they will just continue to be newbies. Best to immerse them in quick, rather then let them think that this is all there is.

5. Conflict can exist, and does exist. The fact that people tolerate so much is the reason why there isn't conflict.

6. If people don't like what is going on, respect that. Play fair, and nice. We are all on the same side oocly.

7. If you have quest ideas, you can submit them. You can also do things that don't require a gm to stir stuff up.
Aust

Post by Aust »

Well, even as we speak it seems.. likely that a war is on its way ;)

I agree to the proposal though, it would be nice with some more wars between guilds and the like. Not to mention some more diplomacy...