Safe Zones

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

Safe Zones

Post by Llama »

Oh you all knew this was coming...

Illarion is meant to be a game where anyone can play (within limits).

Following this axiom - if I want to play a crafter, I should not be less able to play then anyone else.

However when the town gets attacked bla bla bla, and I log in, I will die within a few minutes/seconds - which isn't fun for me, and nothing I can do. Similarly, if I'm a new player and I get killed within my first 2 minutes, I'm not going to be very happy.

So here's what I suggest.

Each town/settlement should have a safe zone - the best idea (for RP reasons to) is to use a holy place as the safe zone - the gods will protect the innocents and all that. In trollsbane for example, you can use the entire library (due to the shrine and all that).

Each user would have a flag attached to it, upon being logged on - will check, and if he hasn't been 'saved' yet, and is within the area of a town, will automatically be teleported within the safe zone, with a message ("you find it is very dangerous out there, you run for it". In the safe zone, no monsters can enter or live.

So basically if you don't want to die because you're not a fighter, you shouldn't be forced into this. If you want to risk dying because you're a fighter, you can just as easily step outside.

Everybody's happy.

Discuss.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Towns already have a safe zone, it's called the 'Cross' .. Monsters can't enter that area, they are pushed back.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Lame. There already is such an area, the shrine. ;)

Even though, it would be nice if you could actually push monsters like mummies in order to close doors (and create actual spaces where you can roleplay being trapped) or hell.. even have someone else to close it while you push the mummy away.

(At least, I found myself unable to push the mummies yesteday)
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Well you can create safe zones ig....

SB, TV and the Grey Refuge are safe (as far as i know) - and our castle is also safe.

That the mas days are danger isnt anything new - maybe you go next time before mas begins to a save place and leave him after mas is gone ;)
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Agreed with crommy.. Not being able to push monsters is a pain in the ass... :-s :evil:
Llama

Post by Llama »

Its not safe if you log in at the other side of the town though is it?

The 'teleport' thing is the novelty
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:Towns already have a safe zone, it's called the 'Cross' .. Monsters can't enter that area, they are pushed back.
Mages kill you again and again and again at the Cross..
Borgus

Post by Borgus »

Djironnyma wrote:Well you can create safe zones ig....

SB, TV and the Grey Refuge are safe (as far as i know) - and our castle is also safe.

That the mas days are danger isnt anything new - maybe you go next time before mas begins to a save place and leave him after mas is gone ;)
OK, so these days we do nothing. Illarion was a great place, now it sucks... 05 days without being able to do nothing, what's fun with it?
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Able to do nothing? uhhm? you can make nearly everything, only not everywhere ... like i had say if one place isnt safe simple go one which is safe ... an i personally really enjoy mas any time, these dangerous days are a part of illarion
Borgus

Post by Borgus »

Sure, for ones who live a long time in Gobaith you can even enjoy Mas, and you are probably right.
But Mas is finished and zombies are still there. What will happen to Bane?
Newcomers will have to start everything again in other town? And we can't do everything, like you already know, we still have a long way to go.
And more, I came to this island to work and not to fight.
Sorry, but I say again, this is not fun.

Borgus
Dangron

Post by Dangron »

Bane will be cleared out soon enough
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Bane has been cleared.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

I see absolutely no need for any new flag-teleport-auto message-thingy. We have safe zones around crosses. And monsters cannot use ladders. Enough safety for my taste - Illarion can be pretty dangerous, but there is unlimited respawn.

Magic using monsters are another issue, please put your observation of range of monsters on mantis; sounds like an unwanted feature that magic using monsters can cast into a safe zone.
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

You could always log off in a building or something...a top floor..or somewhere that normal people would sleep :P
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

If you put in safe zones wouldn't that just ruin the whole point of mas? Mas is supposed to be a dangerous time when madness comes to the isle, so it should still be dangerous for non fighters, if you were locked out of town go hide in garons basement or something.