One person per tool

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Vern Kron

One person per tool

Post by Vern Kron »

Please make it so that only one person can use a static tool at a time.

People seem unable to wait their turn for the tools and will have two, sometimes even three people using a tool at once.
Olive

Post by Olive »

anvils are a one person per tool item, surely the others can be made similar?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Thats only possible for Items we got a "active" version of. Such as the anvil with the glowing metal. Else its hardly possible in a save way.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Nitram wrote:Thats only possible for Items we got a "active" version of. Such as the anvil with the glowing metal. Else its hardly possible in a save way.
Can't you just turn the tool into a same-graphic (different number) version which can't be used and decomposes back into original tool after 1 rot cycle?
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Except for the strange RP look of 2-3 using the same tool.. or is that the main problem with more then one using it? It was fun RPing two using the baking tool a couple of times.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

One person one tool? Sounds like the next disgusting internet phenomenon.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Rofl.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

AlexRose wrote:One person one tool? Sounds like the next disgusting internet phenomenon.
#me facepalms.

I think it probably should't really go for all things... such as ovens. They seem big enough to have to people working in.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

#me hogs the oven to bake over 9000 sweetrolls?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Kevin Lightdot wrote:#me hogs the oven to bake over 9000 sweetrolls?
Proposal: Make Kevin play again
Kulden

Post by Kulden »

With all do respect i believe one person per tool should not be implemented for anvils. In the old days they used to have two blacksmiths per anvils to make items faster. i could however see a onus engine being placed with certain tools such as anvils. Example would be if only one person were working on an anvil they would make 100% xp and one item per routine. if a second person joined him maybe make routine faster and more accurate, both player materials be used together.

RP: Master and apprentice smith, ect.

PS. i do however believe the should be a limit of workers per tool just not neccisarily 1. this idea would also help the forming of Crafting guilds
Llama

Post by Llama »

Ah but in the old days, two people working on an anvil didn't mean one was making plate armour while the other was making nails.

I like your 'smith helps the other' idea, it really should get a proposal of its own, with the advantages enumerated properly. You might be on to something.