Call for opinions: Lead attributes

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Aldan Vian wrote:
Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Hawkmoon wrote:Well... As I see it intelligence sure makes you learn quicker but that obstacle you can overcome by simply work harder. I do not see Intelligence as overpowered at all.
But for the same given amount of time - a person with a maxed out intel will learn FAR MORE than a person without that maxed out intel.

The 'work harder' argument isn't very valid, because you can 'work harder' when you have maxed out int - which causes a large gap.

ITs true. With maxed intel I can sit there with almost any skill and work on it for a VERY long time and I'll never hit the skill cap. The work harder thing really isen't Valid at all and those with higher intel have a large advantage over everyone else.
Well, not sure exactly how it work. Is it that the char can learn for a longer time before reaching the skill cap or is it that the char can learn more until the skill cap is reached which is the same time as one with lower intelligence? Or can a char with good intelligence both learn faster and for a longer time? No matter what - that could be adjusted instead to make less difference - don't you think?