Pked

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Gergoth

Pked

Post by Gergoth »

well i thought this game wasnt about pking people but sadly im now starting to wonder today when i went to go speak to my dad i left my char afk cause there was very few players online and i had seen no one in trolls bane for some time as such i thought it wouldnt be to bad i then saw as my dads char went past my ghost looking at this i ran back to my comp to find a guy had come up taked when i hadnt talked he had said afk? in ooc and then when i hadnt answerd killed me so there goes my new helm and a bag sadly he the logged of and i couldnt report him or anything else
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

That sounds like a GM attack for me.
The rules say that you are not allowed to go afk, in order to prevent powergaming, so most of the times, when a GM finds afk chars, he spawns a monster next to them. Happened to me 3-4 times.. luckly that i only alt-tabbed and heard that I was under attack. :?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Afking is never allowed, GM's happen to come across your char from time to time aswell, summoning little nasty monsters next toyou, so yes the loss is bad, but I guess you learned a lesson after all, even if it involved annyoance and hassle.

Edit:Damm..Ninjas..
Gergoth

Post by Gergoth »

I realise i am not meant to be afking but i was gone for 5-10 mins tops and i was afk in front of the depot in trolls bane i fail to see how it is possible for me to powrgame that way
Gergoth

Post by Gergoth »

oh and also it wasnt a monster who killed me rather a player so it doesnt quite fit into the gm summons monsters theory...
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

You can look at the illarion.log file found in Illarion/Character folder. In it you can see the number of the character that talked to you.
Gergoth

Post by Gergoth »

umm ok i found the number tho that doesnt really tell me anything im sorry im not very good with those things so i might be missing something obvious
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

I remember when Vilarion summoned wolves in the middle of Troll's Bane's sheep den when I was AFK due to forgetting Illa open. :P It was pretty fun. "Yep, no, wasn't me, was a wolf."

>.>;
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Please send the details (time, date, character name, who killed you?, parts of the illarion.log) to me or to violations@illarion.org.