Add other objects to helmet space

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juliana D'cheyne

Add other objects to helmet space

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

It would be nice for other decorative objects to be placed in the helmet slot of the doll and show in the description of the char. Examples: feather, comb, flower. The description would indicate they have a feather in their hair, flower in their hair, comb in their hair. There may be other objects of decoration that can be added also. This not only will add some fun to the description but make use of some of the more decorative objects in the game.
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

I know raw gems can be placed on the head... not sure why. But I created a bard and she had a raw emerald there. I agree with you though, it would add a lot to the game.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

TiaSarah wrote:But I created a bard and she had a raw emerald there.
If this is reproduceable, please report this bug on Mantis!
Llama

Post by Llama »

This would be funny and fun I think :)
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

That was a bug that was fixed long time ago.
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

Hm, I didn't realize that was a bug. I took the gem off and it won't go back on her head, so I guess it's fixed.
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

On tattoos...
I think it isn't really needed, because you can rp it
Hadrian_Abela pretty much wrote: #me has a.. blah blah...

That's all it takes
They won't make tobacco why would they do this?
No double standards ladies and gents. :wink:
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Considering what Nitram has demonstrated with the light system, Hoods that hide the characters name would be a welcome addition.

As cliche as the proposal is.

But it would also be nice to add some more options for people who want to use the head slot but dont want to wear a helmet or a wizards hat. I believe there is a diadem or something that mages can wear but afaik only Garon can make them and he's hardly an active character these days.

Even though it was a bug, the gem idea sounds fantastic. I know in a number of fantasy settings ioun stones are included which are basically gems that either orbit? or are attached to the forehead to impart some kind of bonus.

Other than that Im not sure what else you could do.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

the hood idea.. i like it but i do think if you have a torch and they are facing you one square away.. you'd be able to see who they are.. also theres a problem even if you can see some one you'd know their voice if they didn't whisper.. and since as i can see all speech is generated by the same thing just a few minor changes i don't know if thats possible to do.. just thinking out loud here but i think it'd be cool if, when you don't have a light you cant tell who doing actions if you cant see there name.. you might hear strange noises in the dark though. ya know?

i know these suggestions would be far far away in the future if even doable at all.. but i thought i'd toss em up..

is the action posted up the same as the speech?

so yeah more hats would be great! monk hat thing.. it wasn't a hood but it kinda covered the ears and the forehead. i cant find a good pipc but if you watch dragonheart, Brother Gilbert (Pete Postlethwaite) wares the head piece i am thinking of. also some priest hats if they dont already exist would be nice.

also it's hard to see a man's face if his full face is cover by visor or pot helm.. just tossing that in for maby future functionality.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Deuce wrote:No double standards ladies and gents. :wink:
The amount of effort you'd need to implement this is so trivial, that you can't compare it to the tatoo system.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I like the idea of a jewel also... and just to keep it "fair" for the guys, if fabric was allowed, you could possibly have "the head is bandaged" and if/when more graphics later "a hood is worn" (or possibly there is a graphic ig now that could symbolize this)