Ropes.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

/signed on the wand thing.

It really should go to the belt if anywhere. Wind wands are worth a LOT, and to have them stolen through something as simple as a rope is daft.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

I cant agree.

There are only to possibilities:
  • The rope was use without rp. Than you get your wand back by !gm
  • The rope was use with rp. Than you lose your wand anyway if the one which tied you simply #me's that he take your wand. Tied you could do anything against.
If you fear to come in well rp played situations were you can lose your wand, take only a cheap wand with you. I dont go with a golden watch into the ghetto ;)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

It's a bit different when any human contact = the ghetto.
pharse

Post by pharse »

Dropped on the floor =/= lose it

When you're captured you can still move aside and pick up the dropped items.

But if some thieves surround you, tie you up, knock you down, push you aside and pick up your dropped items, THEN you really lose them. But this seems fair to me.

On "slow reflexes": you have usually 5 seconds to move one tile away. Seriously. How old are you that you can't manage to do that? 80?

Generally, it is alright if you do first what is needed engine wise and then do a proper emote. So I can't see the time argument as valid.

Anyway, I estimated those values. Time will tell if something has to be changed.

But this:
Another option is a message to the char "you are now tied and can't use any item in your hand until the rope loosens" and let everyone RP this placing valuable items in their bag
will not be implemented.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

It would be VERY nice if that action stopped when you moved that "one tile away" though it doesn't :wink:

My only point is the "drop all in hand" will MAINLY aversely affect mages and not those mages that their skills are relatively high because they can spell with any wand, but mages can just quit carrying their "good" wands (once they PG enough) except new mages that need all the advantage they can get in order to spell i.e. new players. That will be the end result.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Kaila Galathil Travinus wrote:It would be VERY nice if that action stopped when you moved that "one tile away" though it doesn't :wink:
Uh.. yes it does.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

I like the new ropes and think it is a great addition to the game so long as it going to be used properly.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I see aproblem with the degeneration of ropes, is there a way to know when they ~might~ break or can you tie someone up a second time?
It just seemslike ropes only hold for acouple of seconds, so you have to be either a mage and teleport your victim where you want with a portal, or you have a big load of ropes lieing around, because untill now it seems all ropes I use are breaking rather..quickly.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

If your ropes are only lasting for a couple of seconds, You must not have very good ropes.
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Hmm.. i dont think that ropes have quality.. I think thats because Pella doesnt have good fighting wise attributes
pharse

Post by pharse »

Grim wrote:Hmm.. i dont think that ropes have quality.. I think thats because Pella doesnt have good fighting wise attributes
exactly.

But read again the wiki article. I think I have mentioned that you could use another (new) rope with the tying rope in your hands to increase its durability.

I could implement some lookats depending on durability, just like other items have.
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

time until a rope breaks: 2 - 20 minutes (depending on STR, DEX)
From the wiki.

I can understand why Pellandria's ropes do not last THAT long.

EDIT And perhaps you did it on a bad day even.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Saigwin wrote:Ok , as I'm sure Retlak will point out in his infinite wisdom, I'm a newb...
You aren't a n00b, only Lifewonder and Alex are n00bs.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Retlak wrote:
Saigwin wrote:Ok , as I'm sure Retlak will point out in his infinite wisdom, I'm a newb...
You aren't a n00b, only Lifewonder and Alex are n00bs.
omfgbbq
pharse

Post by pharse »

I could implement durability lookats and notifications.

If you want you can help me finding good descriptions, like
"You see a stable tying rope"
or something like that... I'm not that creative :oops:
Llama

Post by Llama »

Strong
Stable
[ ]
Weak-Looking
Threadbare
pharse

Post by pharse »

Alright, the lookats are implemented:
wiki wrote:By looking at the rope (left click on it) you will see its strength: strong, stable, ---, threadbare, weak
I don't think that notifications are necessary with those lookats. If it turns out otherwise, just contact me or post here.