Added Journeys

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juliana D'cheyne

Added Journeys

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Journeys are a good money sink for the game at a silver apiece and not being able to "run" or walk very fast with your char they also help decrease the boredom from walking place to place. More journey options IMO would be very helpful.

One idea is a journey to the graveyard, not just the entrance but inside for the chars that are not much interested in fighting lots of zombies. The picture below is an idea of where...there is still a possibility that someone will portal into a red, possibly that could be conveyed in the description of the journey when buying it, maybe even a category of "dangerous" journeys.

Another idea is to sell one to the bandits using the same gate the mages have. This should require no other graphic and help expand spending options mainly for fighters.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

I have nothing against a portal location at the beginning of the graveyard dungeon, but no 'insta-grind-spot'-portals.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Nice idea.

And while we're there, a journey to the minor settlements (Nordmark, Zzyathis, Caelum) wouldn't hurt either.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

With the danger to incur the warth of the whole community:

Remove every kind of teleportaion stuff (books, town-to-town portals), even mages portals, or make them more difficult to cast, or that you need to perform a LITTLE ritual if you want to create a portal.
It will make the players to think more about where they want to let their chars live. Right now the journey from Varshikar to Hellbriar is a joke.

I know it will not be done, and everyone will hate me now, but I just wanted to say it. :P
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Right, so instead of being able to teleport there in less than two minutes, then you have to spend twenty walking?

I don't see the logic in it. If you are teleporting somewhere, you have a reason to go there. Possibly to see some one to rp with, rather than walking across the island, wandering and hoping that the person you are looking for doesn't log out.
Llama

Post by Llama »

I don't agree with you Jupiter.

While I agree there should be more people living in certain towns, and more 'town export/import' stuff, I don't think that making journies more complicated is the best modus operandi.

*hate hate hate*
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

I might be strange, but I kinda like when it is challenging to travel. And teleport directly down to under the graveyard makes no sense to me. Would kinda ruin the atmosphere I think. That is me though. =)
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Since we are planning to make traveling over the map and thougth dungeons way more interessting as they are now, I suppose that is not needed for now.

Lets wait how the changes at the fighting system (that also involve major changes at the monsters and the spawnpoints) turn out and think again about this proposal then.

Nitram
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Nitram wrote:Since we are planning to make traveling over the map and thougth dungeons way more interessting as they are now, I suppose that is not needed for now.

Lets wait how the changes at the fighting system (that also involve major changes at the monsters and the spawnpoints) turn out and think again about this proposal then.

Nitram
Oh, sounds great really! Can't wait until it is ready! Any idea when we can expect these changes to be implemented into the game? =)
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

*deletes planned post after reading Nitram's* alright, thanks Nitram, am looking forward to the update!
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Hawkmoon wrote:Any idea when we can expect these changes to be implemented into the game? =)
I know that "as soon its done" is not quite a satisfying answer, but currently its the only answer I can offer.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Nitram wrote:I know that "as soon its done" is not quite a satisfying answer, but currently its the only answer I can offer.
It's better then trying to rush the system to meet a release date, and end up messing it up somehow.
Youchimitchu

Post by Youchimitchu »

Just remember the answe you always give nitram is " It will be done in two weeks." Always when someone asks thats the answer you give... so in two weeks when they ask again say " It will be done in two weeks."
Olive

Post by Olive »

just say ' a week after the last time somebody asks'

and since people will always ask about it, its always a week off :)

and if somebody makes a comment like 'butits been two weeks since anybody asked' you fire back with 'yes, butyou just asked again so obviously THAT was notthe lasttime somebody asked
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

New idea(i hope so ;)) : How about a scroll, which teleports you back to a town when you use it, and saves the point where you went off.
So you could use another scroll item to get back to that saved spot.
This would eliminate the senseless hours walking and walking and...walking.
This would remove some money out of da game, these scrolls shouldn't be 4 free ;)

Just a little idea^^
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Journey to Trollsbane = Townportal
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

heh..im getting the feeling that people would like to travel less and just jump from place to place using teleports...i think its fine the way it is.suuuuure it can get boring taking that trip to the graveyard, varshikar, greenbriar(????) and so on..well..just remove the roads and let people "fast travel" all over the place...yeah..i say leave it as it is:P thats my opinion though..

#me braces for the fury of the IllaRION "community"