Tattoos

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Theory

Tattoos

Post by Theory »

Well, I've seen some characters that have tattoos on their body, why not make it a skill then?

You could use dyes as the ink, and a "hot needle" to apply it. I guess you could just use a needle on a furnace and it would stay hot for X amount of time.

Tattoos could just be for decoration, or have certain effects. In order to "see" the tattoo, perhaps it could be an inventory box picture. So lets say you got a chest tattoo, then your chest inventory icon would have a design inside of it, which would be covered if you wear a shirt or armor. When you look at a character with a tattoo, maybe you'd be able to see it without the PO having to put it in an emote.

Just kinda throwing it out there.
Last edited by Theory on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blay

Post by Blay »

I think it isn't really needed, because you can rp it, and an emote will look better than a "He has got a ... tattoo." text.
Maybe Nice-to-have, but not really necessary.

~Rowan
Aerceriah

Post by Aerceriah »

For the most part, I'm going to agree with Rowan, that is not to say it wouldn't necessary be a bad idea, but in a game like this where we have all the usual skills that you'd often expect to see in an environment like Illarion's, it's one of those that aren't needed. Very unique I think though, for sure, it *would* be interesting and something to think about. Personally, however, if I played a game similar to the atmosphere of Illairon's and I found out a skill like this was implemented, I'd be remotely surprised. Especially if you figure the people who will really get into it almost like that of real life and...well, let's just say it might seem a bit awkward to see the next Illarion Tattoo Shop open up somewhere ingame. There are probably a few other skills that could be thought of that are in the realm of non-existence at this point that could probably be more focused on in the future. Again, like you stated, it doesn't hurt to throw the idea out there.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

since i'm to lazy to read long post above. i think just rp the business if you want to. the good rp'ers will come to you for "body art"
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

We had one that was able to make tattos. but that's a long time ago, and the person hasn't praised it out loud that she can make tattos, it was more a secret. As Tanistan suggested, RP it and it and if one wants to, he'll come to get himself a tattoo ;)
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Illarion = roleplay game
Krest

Post by Krest »

They won't make tobacco why would they do this?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Krest wrote:They won't make tobacco why would they do this?
<3
--

#me has a tatoo of a beautiful long-necked creature on his arm

That's all it takes