Silberbrand-Zwerge-Vorfall / Silverbrand-Dwarves-Incident

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderators: Gamemasters, Community Managers

Zak

Posts: 1395
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:58 pm

Post by Zak » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:12 am

Silberbrand-Zwerge-Vorfall / Silverbrand-Dwarves-Incident

First of all to the Englisch-speaking community who will probably see this post first.
It is about 2AM for me by now and the incident mostly concerns German-Speaking players. Some of you might have heard about it already and I understand if you are confused but below you will YET only find the German version of my explanation.
As you can see, it is a shitload of writing and I cannot be bothered to translate it right away.
I will try to add a summary for you either even today or tomorrow (yes, March 24th).

-

So..
Ich werde die Aufklärung zum Thema "Verschwinden der Silberbrand-Zwerge" möglichst kurz halten, da es kein Thema ist, welches hier zur Diskussion gestellt wird, die Entscheidungen sind gefallen, sie bleiben bestehen (So sehr das nun auch nach Starrsinn klingen mag, ihr werdet die Gründe mit etwas Ausdauer weiter unten erlesen).


Die IG-Geschichte wollte ich erst auslassen aber ich habe das Gefühl, dass es den meisten Leuten gerade um diese geht.

Dazu also vorerst noch eine kurze Info, welche ja für viele (dank regem Informationsaustausch unter den Spielern) schon lange niemanden mehr umhauen kann:
GM Zak, also ich, ist auch zugleich PO Magnus Magnol, richtig.

Folgendes ist also zum ingame geschehen:

- Char Magnus sieht Char Manron vorbeilaufen -> aufgrund gehegten Grolles wird der Char Manron von Char Magnus geneckt

- Char Manron mag das nicht, macht ein recht flottes Emote, rennt zurück und attackiert Char Magnus, welcher den Angriff erwidert

- Char Manron muss feststellen, dass er sich da ein bischen zuviel vorgenommen hat (auch wenn man es wohl eh keinem GM glaubt, mein Char ist nicht gepusht) -> Char Manron springt zurück

- Jetzt allerdings will Char Magnus ihm eins auf die Nuss geben (Meine Einstellung, dass das Clouden eines Angreifers total in Ordnung ist, brauch ich nicht zu verteidigen, zumal ich nun wirklich nicht so oft cloude, wie manche denken)
-> Hier sei angemerkt, dass der Char Manron nicht einmal gecloudet wurde (Irgendwie scheinen das viele zu glauben..)

- Nun flitzt Char Manron davon -> Char Magnus hinterher -> wilde Jagd um den Banschen Teleporter (leider ohne Benny Hill Melodie)

- schließlich entnervtes OOC mit Beleidigung, da er meinte, er habe keine Zeit zum Tippen fürs RP (Sorry, "Penner" ist eine Beleidigung, Punkt.)
-> PO Magnus (ich!) verliert die Lust am Jagen und lässt den Zwergen
-> Char Manron ab nach Varshikar, Magier-Kavallerie holen, Char Magnus nach Bane zurück, wartet

- Char Manron und Magier X kommen an, Magier X scheint nicht wirklich auf Kampf aus und geht wieder nach Varshikar

- Char Manron, welcher übrigens nicht auf die Idee kommt zu gehen, wird nach Provokation nun seinerseits angegriffen von Char Magnus
-> erneute Flucht, während der sich das "#me lacht" von Seiten Manrons circa ein halbes Dutzend Mal wiederholt hat (da hatte er eine Tonne voll Zeit zum Tippen)

- auch erneutes Einstellen der Attacke, Char Magnus zurück zu dem Char mit dem er sich nach der ersten Jagd unterhalten hatte

- schließlich ein OOC-Kommentar meinerseits á er solle sich in Sachen RP an die eigene Nase fassen (*seufz* Ja, auch ich bin ein Mensch)
-> seinerseits OOC-Kommentar

-> Nein..nicht Ende der Szene. Char Manron läuft noch einige Minuten weiterhin in unmittelbarer Nähe von Char Magnus herum, feuert überhebliche Sprüche ab, wie man sie in Machofilmen nicht besser findet, blabla
-> Schließlich doch noch Abgang Manrons -> Ende des IG-Vorfalls



Beginn des OOCs:

Da ich als Spieler von Manron bisher eigentlich nie anderes erlebt habe als Angriffe, habe ich mich also an einen GM-Kollegen gewandt und mich auch als Spieler beschwert.
Meine Beschwerde bezog sich auf die OOC-Beleidigung.
Folge war ein 1-Wochen-Bann für den Account (vielleicht auch nur den Char..weiß ich nicht mehr) von PO Manron.

Gut..für mich hatte sich da die Sache erledigt.

Als GM Zak habe ich mich dann etwas später in den Illarion-Chat im IRC eingeklinkt.
Erste Begrüßung, wir wollen nichts auslassen:

"Manron lacht Zak aus"

..so. Ich bin nicht wirklich viel drauf eingegangen aber er hat es sich nicht nehmen lassen, noch einige Dinge zu sagen.
Unter anderem hat er eben mich als GM angesprochen über einen Vorfall, der meinen SPIELER-Char betraf.
Dies ist eine indirekte Enthüllung einer GM-Identität und ich kann nicht oft genug sagen, dass sowas eigentlich der größte Mist ist, was Spieler hier machen können, selbst wenn ich nicht soviel auf meine'Geheimidentität' gebe.
Es ist unfair, unangebracht und unsinnig, fertig.
Zudem könnt ihr in den Regeln nachlesen - es ist verboten


Nun ja...ich habe daraufhin den Perma-Ban angeregt.
PO Manron hat ein halbes Dutzend Verwarnungen (alle mit eher gröberen Verstößen) angesammelt, das ist mehr, als andere Permabann-Inhaber haben.
Er hat es nicht geschafft, sowas Läppisches wie einen 1-Wochen-Ban zu verkraften, weil er offenbar nicht von festgefahrenen Meinungen ablassen kann.
Der Perma-Ban wurde im Staff auf voller Breite und ohne Gegenstimme angenommen und durchgesetzt.



Weshalb nun so eine Aufregung herrscht, kann ich mir wiederum nicht erklären, ich finde die ganze Sache ziemlich lächerlich.

Wie auch immer, PO Manron hat also nun regen Kontakt mit anderen Zwergen-POs, die sich auch alle seiner Meinung anschliessen, GM Zak habe übertrieben reagiert, benehme sich wie ein Baby oder wie auch immer..

Folglich zeigen sie alle Solidarität, weshalb es nicht bei Manrons Abgang bleibt, es gehen auch noch 3 andere Spieler.
Sie sind nicht gebannt, doch das ist euch wahrscheinlich auch kein Trost. ;-)



Es gibt nicht mehr viel zu sagen, außer dass wir natürlich ein bischen gucken, wie es nun mit Silberbrand weiter geht aber es gibt ja, ganz im Gegensatz zu der aktuellen Meinung, auch noch Zwerge außer Manron, Friedwulfa, Boindil und Ferin, die offenbar bereit sind, sich um ihre Stadt zu kümmern.

Vielleicht noch kurz zu Verwarnungen, die gegen mich als Spieler/gegen meinen Account ausgesprochen wurden.
Es gibt tatsächlich 2.
2, die ich als Spieler vor meinem GM-Dasein erhalten habe. Eine dafür, dass ich andere Spieler bei einem Bug-Abuse nicht "verpetzt" habe, die andere dafür, dass ich mir mit einem anderen Spieler einen rauhen Witz erlaubt habe.

Wer darin ein Problem sieht...jetzt ist es nun mal geschehen, man hat mich wider besseren Wissens zum GM gemacht und der Staff hält mich ganz offenbar immer noch für tragbar, obwohl ich so "schlechtes Licht" auf ihn werfe, wie es ein Spieler ausgedrückt hat.
Ich danke ihm auch hier nochmal dafür. ;-) Woo, ihr rockt!



So, ich habe fertig.
Wer noch Fragen hat, darf mir die gerne stellen, allerdings bevorzuge ich PMs, der Übersichtlichkeit wegen.
Den Thread hätte ich eigentlich lieber geschlossen, doch würde das nur die Meinung von der Zensur hier stärken.
Wir sehen ja, ob das eine Prozent greift, das ich der Chance gebe, dass hier nun kein Flame losbricht. ;-)



Der Ordnungs halber Manrons Abschied und seine Version der Dinge:
Manron wrote: wrote:
Liebe Illa-Community, Freunde, Feinde, Mitspieler...
Nachdem ich kürzlich permanent gesperrt wurde wollte ich mich nur von euch verabschieden, da es hier anscheinend ausreicht, jemanden die Meinung zu sagen ohne dabei wirklich ausfällig zu werden. Nicht das ich hier lügen oder sonstiges verbreiten möchte, aber es ist einfach klar das ich manchen GMs ein Dorn im Auge war und durch diese Aktion einfach eine Reinigungsaktion in Sachen Manron und dessen anderen Chars durchgenommen wurde.

Also möchte ich mich hier von euch verabschieden, da der Staff meint, dass ich nicht länger tragbar für euch bin. Grund? Ganz einfach, in meinem jugendlichen Aufbrausen habe ich zu jemanden "Penner" gesagt und das scheint hier eine sehr ernstzunehmende Beschimpfung zu sein.

Um klarzustellen warum ich das gesagt habe, schreib ich euch eine kurze Zusammenfassung:
Ich hab mich mit Manron nach TB teleportiert und bin über die Brücke Richtung Tor marschiert. Als ich über der Brücke war, meinte ein netter Mensch der den Namen Magnus Magnol trägt, er müsse meinen Zwerg beschimpfen. Jeder der Manron IC kannte, weiß, dass er sich so was nicht gefallen lässt. Wie er nun so ist, sprintet er auf besagten Menschen zu und attackiert ihn, jedoch merkt er nach kurzer Zeit das er ihm nicht gewachsen ist und springt zurück (hierzu möchte ich auch sagen das dies alles mit RP geschehen ist). Magnus folgte mir, jedoch lies er mir keine Möglichkeit in irgendeiner Art RP zu betreiben, da ich ständig attackiert wurde und keine Chance hatte etwas zu schreiben. In meinem jugendlichen Leichtsinn habe ich eben zu ihm gesagt "Ey du Penner lass mich schreiben" wofür ich letzten Endes auch den Bann bekam.

Nachdem ich das einfach lächerlich fand, nachdem er gegen zwei Regeln verstoßen hat, ja ganz richtig, ein GM verstößt gegen zwei Regeln, hab ich mich über ihn im IRC lustig gemacht weil ich die Situation einfach lächerlich fand, gut für mich war es keine Beschimpfung, für ihn und den Rest des Staffs schon und es tut mir leid wenn es so rüberkam. Beschimpfen wollt ich ihn sicher nicht, wusste aber in dem Moment nicht was ich schreiben sollte also hab ich das geschrieben, was natürlich nicht passiert wäre wenn er sich an die Regeln gehalten hätte.

Nunja, wie schon so oft, werden hier die GMs bevorzugt, weil mein schreiben eine Folge auf sein Missverhalten war und nicht weil ich ihn beleidigen wollte... kann man nichts machen, ich hab für meine Aktion die dann OOC im IRC war und hauptsächlich mich und Zak/Magnus betroffen hat eine Permanente Sperrung erhalten was ich noch amüsanter finde!

Ich bin bei weitem nicht der beste Spieler und das Wissen die meisten hier aber es ist einfach nur noch lächerlich was hier abgezogen wird. Zu meiner Verwunderung hat Magnus doch nen Wochenbann bekommen und sollte daher auch seinen GM-Account verlieren, denn es werden keine GMs mit "Vorstrafen genommen" und gegen zwei Regeln zu verstoßen während man GM ist, ist meiner Ansicht nach noch schlimmer als etwas, das schon passiert ist.

Soviel von mir, ich wünsch euch allen noch viel Spaß...
lg PO Manron/Thorfried/Lansil/Kerigan


So, ich bitte jetzt lediglich darum, dass die, die etwas sagen wollen, sich an die allgemeinen Höflichkeits- und Forumsregeln halten, Groß-/Kleinschreibung sind im Forum auch willkommene Gäste, Spam oder Wiederholungen von schon Gesagtem (Ja, lest euch die Worte eurer Vorposter durch) sind wiederum wie Achselschweiß - unwillkommen.

Toitoitoi..

PS: Was mir grad noch einfiel, ich habe ganz vergessen, den Spielern zu danken, die mich als GM und auch so als PO (nicht jeder, der mich als GM mag, kennt mich als PO :P) lieb haben. : ) Danke.

Master NPC Scripter
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 11:13 pm
Location: Boonville, MO USA

Post by Juniper Onyx » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:15 am

Summary:
The way I read it, it sounds like Character Manron and Character Magnus had a rediculous fight ending in nothing but lost time and OOC insults.
Later PO Manron indirectly revealed GM Zak's identity on IRC. It sounds like the PO was trying to hurt & insult GM Zak both IG and in IRC.

PO Manron has been warned many times on other offenses, and GM Zak felt like a 1 week ban was too easy for the offense. So a Perma-Ban was issued by the entire team.

PO Manron took PO's Friedel, Ferin and Boindil with him.

My Response:
I agree with the decision.

I'm nearly finished with a Two-Week ban for PK'ing myself. My first Ban ever! I've been warned about "Evil-RP" with another character, and I've learned from it. I hope to avoid those mistakes in the future. Learn and live.

Although I am sorry to hear that these players have 'walked out', it's their choice. It shows real concern for their friend, but leaves Silverbrand IG almost non-existant, which sucks. It makes it almost impossible to lead Silverbrand in the future with half the members gone. My character "Chester" is the next in line, and I'll try my best with some help from the rest of the dwarves there.

However, I believe the decision was right. PO Manron had been warned several times, and "outing a GM" is expressly forbidden by the rules. Others have been banned for less. What else needs to be said?

Posts: 2568
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:17 am

Post by Aegohl » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:11 am

Honestly, if anyone is mad at any staffers about this ban, it should be me. I banned Manron. I simply did the math: Manron has twice as many admonishments as your average player who has been perma-banned.

Posts: 2604
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:06 pm
Location: Running around

Post by Pellandria » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:20 am

Just for your informations first, I'm not very associated with silverbrand, several times in the past I had to wonder with their involvment with Gm's and yes actually there where decissions made ig based on Ooc informations, but that is not something I want to defend here, but there is a general way the Gm's seem to hand out bans and something that is worrysome for some people here.

As I see it there was the initiator and the reason of the ban, those two must be looked upon, atleast in my opinion, to decide if the ban was necessary and even as I had times of dislike against siverbrand and the chars, I still think one should not easily pass judgment, as you said both sides and such eh?

The reasons you are banning him are the warnings he collected over the time, the initiator was the revealing of the Gm Identity.
Now as we saw that you openly revealed yourself at this point, for all who didn't knew it before and as far as I can remember how the Irc Chan works, there is actually no ~way~, that some did not know your identity in there, thus the argument that the ban is based upon the revealing is simply said "bullshit", thats like telling mage chars that RA is the Rune of Flames, or Smiths that you need metal ignots to smith, a secret that is infact not a secret anymore or atleast not a secret in the group that the one is speaking to or with, cannot be counted as a reason.
I'm honestly still struggeling what story here checks out, one is complaining against each other who started to harrass who in the end, knowing that both players might to slightly change a storry here and there and cut rough edges to display themself better, we would need to leave that out or we hear from a neutral stand point, mainly the system logs, what happend and no some other Gm, who steps up now, that simply does not cut it, after all we got a reason to burden Lennier with so much *g*.

Now the real reasons why he was banned, were his older warnings, this seems like something the Gm's like to pull out of their hat as soon as they need someone brought down, because I heard that I got a zillion warnings ig aswell, without a Gm ever taking me aside and saying what, where or why, the forum warnings do not count in there, I was informed about them and thus simply speak from ig warnings.

It always seems to hit the banned players square in te face, that they suddendly are warned several times, without noticing that even and thus one has to think if the natural "defence" i.e. "I never heard from anything, my name is rabbit", actually seems to be a valid point, or is simply a fact that the Gm's tend to not inform a player why, how and where he was warned, maybe simply to avoid finding a real reason, but every time a player goes, normally with a strange story about he never did something, because lets be honest, no ones innocent in this game, but without a "real" pressing and openly obvious reason to ban someone, the Gm's pull the old "you had several warnings before and that is enough to ban you", the reaction to a ban is normally another "attack" on the Gm's such an behaviour is natural, I guess the strive for being right kicks in right there, but ignoring those might be more human on the Gm side, simply ban him from Irc, if he produces any trouble, kick his forum name for one week and let him back in, there is only two ways how this is going to end then, first will be that hate and anger build up in this week, resulting in an onslaught of assaults upon the gm or the forum/game, which then simply results in another ban, this time perma I guess or everyone calmed down and actually wants to play the game, after all if he would not care for the game he would have simply left, saving one's face here is, what I believe, not the first intention of Manrons complain.

Even if his intention was to rally players against the staff to let the game, not the gm, suffer, you still would do a better way with letting everyone calm down.

So what do I want to accomplish with that, well I guess the Gm's need to see another side aswell, banning someone because of warnings, he might not even be aware of, is not a nice way to go and I think that the Gm's should drop their "We are humans too" argument, when they at the same breath make quite clear "Hah we are better than you anyway", you can just go one way, either you allow others to have their failures aswell or you go the "we are the deciders, do not question us or suffer" way.

To finally summarize this whole mess of words.
1.Let people know their are warned, not one months after the thing happend
2.As soon as someone is banned, be nice to him, I know its kinda bummer to do so, after all he might have insulted you on several ways, but it can't be the way to go for illarion, to take players down.
3.Free cake, because cake is always awesome.

Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:57 pm
Location: http://www.acrobatis-pyrum.de.vu

Post by Kranek » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:21 am

In diesem Zusammenhang ein Danke.
Weniger in Bezug auf den Vorfall (ich kenn jetz beide Meinungen, werd selber drüber nachdenken müssen) sondern für den offenen Umgang mit der Situation!

Posts: 7685
Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: The VBU is awesome

Post by Llama » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:34 am

Didn't read it all, but found this mega-sentence to be funny.
Pellandria wrote:Now as we saw that you openly revealed yourself at this point, for all who didn't knew it before and as far as I can remember how the Irc Chan works, there is actually no ~way~, that some did not know your identity in there, thus the argument that the ban is based upon the revealing is simply said "bullshit", thats like telling mage chars that RA is the Rune of Flames, or Smiths that you need metal ignots to smith, a secret that is infact not a secret anymore or atleast not a secret in the group that the one is speaking to or with, cannot be counted as a reason.
If you say Zak's identity is 'common knowledge', why did Manron feel the need to reveal it to everyone? What was his motive? What did he think he was to gain from revealing stuff which everyone knows?

I don't get angry at you Pell, log onto IRC and inform everyone that you're a warlock, because that sounds incredibly stupid of me.

Look at the motive ;)

ADDED:

Right, now I read it all... And all I can see is a bunch of speculation regarding whether he was fairly warned or not - and what the 'ebil gms of banzorz' do to try to catch people.

Unless you are Manron or a GM, you won't know how the warnings took place (if any) ect... What did you want a 'hall of shame' area of the forum where warnings are given out publically?

So until you have some good solid evidence ABOUT THIS CASE, then I don't think such speculation is good for anyone except starting a flamewar.

Good morning to you ;)

Posts: 2568
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:17 am

Post by Aegohl » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:45 am

Pellandria wrote: but there is a general way the Gm's seem to hand out bans and something that is worrysome for some people here.
That could be because the GM's don't reveal the information that leads up to a ban, but players, on the other hand, have the freedom to do so. Personally I think it's stupid we're discussing the ban at all, but Zak was abused by some idiots until he felt the need to explain himself. I am so beyond tempted to reveal this player's admonishments because what you would see is a series of goofball and very selfish, clownish antics of the most immature variety and all in a very short scale of time. Effectively this player would make Konrad blush.

As I see it there was the initiator and the reason of the ban, those two must be looked upon, atleast in my opinion,
Your opinion is wrong on the basis that you don't know either. My motive for banning Manron had nothing to do with revealing GM identities. I have never revealed my motive to the public, and as such, I don't think the public (ie. you) has a very good basis of understanding the facts behind the case. I told the player in question the reason for the ban, but I almost wonder if he read my email, because they haven't argued against that claim and they haven't argued against me (haven't even argued in a language I can read in.)
I'm honestly still struggeling what story here checks out, one is complaining against each other who started to harrass who in the end, knowing that both players might to slightly change a storry here and there and cut rough edges to display themself better, we would need to leave that out or we hear from a neutral stand point, mainly the system logs, what happend and no some other Gm, who steps up now, that simply does not cut it, after all we got a reason to burden Lennier with so much *g*.
No. You wouldn't have to hear from a neutral stand point. We already have. There is no game or community that I'm aware of in which the community tries the offenders (that's called a show trial, by the way, where we play the role of some Pontius Pilate and throw away the accused to the angry mob).
Now the real reasons why he was banned, were his older warnings, this seems like something the Gm's like to pull out of their hat as soon as they need someone brought down, because I heard that I got a zillion warnings ig aswell, without a Gm ever taking me aside and saying what, where or why, the forum warnings do not count in there, I was informed about them and thus simply speak from ig warnings.
See, that would make sense if you had any of these zillions of admonishments. The fact is that they're just not there. Unless they're our super secret Alpha Epsilon Double Trouble VaultlockTM admonishments. I don't have access to those.

It always seems to hit the banned players square in te face, that they suddendly are warned several times, without noticing that even and thus one has to think if the natural "defence" i.e. "I never heard from anything, my name is rabbit", actually seems to be a valid point, or is simply a fact that the Gm's tend to not inform a player why, how and where he was warned, maybe simply to avoid finding a real reason, but every time a player goes, normally with a strange story about he never did something,
That's one heck of a run on sentence, so I'll just cut it off there. We send an email and often an IM as well with every admonishment as policy. Players sometimes miss these. Sometimes the email ends up in spam folder. We have no control over this and we can't very well go to your house and nail a notice to your front door. We assume that you're adults, even when not.

For the player in question to not have noticed that he's causing trouble would include not have noticing that he was already temporarily banned. He reacted pretty vocally about it, so I'm guessing he realized it.

So what do I want to accomplish with that, well I guess the Gm's need to see another side aswell, banning someone because of warnings, he might not even be aware of, is not a nice way to go and I think that the Gm's should drop their "We are humans too" argument, when they at the same breath make quite clear "Hah we are better than you anyway", you can just go one way, either you allow others to have their failures aswell or you go the "we are the deciders, do not question us or suffer" way.
What alternate reality are you getting this from?

To finally summarize this whole mess of words.
1.Let people know their are warned, not one months after the thing happend
2.As soon as someone is banned, be nice to him, I know its kinda bummer to do so, after all he might have insulted you on several ways, but it can't be the way to go for illarion, to take players down.
3.Free cake, because cake is always awesome.
1. We already do this, except in cases where the admonishments are invisible.
2. It is our policy that when someone is permanently banned we usher them out of the community in the quickest most quietest way, because a very public, loud version never is in the favor of reason or logic. It only fans the egos of the superior-feeling types that believe they have some 'behind the scenes' knowledge that apparently even the GM's just didn't have the perception to realize.
3. We're out of cake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNjcuZ-LiSY

Sorry that my tone might seem a little harsh, but really it seems to me that Zak tried to put out a hand to the community (one he didn't have to) and he got his arm gnawed off.

Developer
Posts: 7638
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:51 am

Post by Nitram » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Pellandria wrote:Just for your informations first, I'm not very associated with silverbrand,
But you think everyone needs to know your opinion and of course everyone is interested in your optinion.
Pellandria wrote:several times in the past I had to wonder with their involvment with Gm's
I don't get it...
Pellandria wrote:and yes actually there where decissions made ig based on Ooc informations,
And Silverbrand is of course the only guild where ooc influence it noticeable. :roll:
Pellandria wrote:but that is not something I want to defend here, but there is a general way the Gm's seem to hand out bans and something that is worrysome for some people here.
Don't speak of yourself in plural. That confuses everyone. How ever the GMs are the only ones in this community who know all aspects of a conflict and due this they are the ones who have the best base to make a correct desicion for the whole game. How ever there are at all times a few players how know a small share of what indeed happened but who have to say always how bad the GMs are and that they have to do everything in a different way no matter what they actually did.
Pellandria wrote:As I see it there was the initiator and the reason of the ban, those two must be looked upon, atleast in my opinion, to decide if the ban was necessary and even as I had times of dislike against siverbrand and the chars, I still think one should not easily pass judgment, as you said both sides and such eh?
In this block of text you made it to write alot without saying anything. Very well done.
Pellandria wrote:The reasons you are banning him are the warnings he collected over the time,
Not at all. Those warnings are never a reason for anything. How ever someone with many warnings is always punished harder then someone without warnings. Thats the common way to handle it. It was always. How ever someone with a half dozen warnings is surely punished far harder then someone without warnings. I think thats quite clear to everyone.
Pellandria wrote:the initiator was the revealing of the Gm Identity.
as Zak wrote the identity is known to everyone. You can't reveal something that is known. I think thats clear too. How ever Manron tried to reveal it just for the sake to mock and annoy Zak. Just to be a ass. There was no real use for it. But such a behaivior against a member of the community. No matter if staff member or player or former-player will NEVER be tolerated by the staff of Illarion.
Pellandria wrote:Now as we saw that you openly revealed yourself at this point, for all who didn't knew it before and as far as I can remember how the Irc Chan works, there is actually no ~way~, that some did not know your identity in there, thus the argument that the ban is based upon the revealing is simply said "bullshit", thats like telling mage chars that RA is the Rune of Flames, or Smiths that you need metal ignots to smith, a secret that is infact not a secret anymore or atleast not a secret in the group that the one is speaking to or with, cannot be counted as a reason.
As I wrote aboth. I just wrote it clearer without useless bla bla around.
Pellandria wrote:I'm honestly still struggeling what story here checks out, one is complaining against each other who started to harrass who in the end,
Who knowns? How ever annoying a other character ingame is perfectly fine with all rules of Illarion. But Manron carried that little conflict to ooc. And thats not fine.
Pellandria wrote:knowing that both players might to slightly change a storry here and there and cut rough edges to display themself better, we would need to leave that out or we hear from a neutral stand point, mainly the system logs,
Do you really think we did not check this out already? We are no newbies are our work in general.
Pellandria wrote:what happend and no some other Gm, who steps up now, that simply does not cut it, after all we got a reason to burden Lennier with so much *g*.
The server logs showed clearly what happend. If Zak would have altered the truth what would be really dumb because he knows that the server logs are checked all time, I would have said this in the internal discussion of what to do with Manron for sure and that would have altered the quite clear result alot.
Pellandria wrote:Now the real reasons why he was banned, were his older warnings,
In your very very limited point of view that should never be the base of any discussion, maybe.
Pellandria wrote:this seems like something the Gm's like to pull out of their hat as soon as they need someone brought down,
Sure we come up with the warnings a player already got all time in case there are more rule breaks. Because the amount of warning a player got determine how he is punished for the next false step. Thats also written on the bottom of the rules page, you know?
Pellandria wrote:because I heard that I got a zillion warnings ig aswell,
And who told you this? Another player? Honestly: you have exactly 1 warning. Not more, not less.
Pellandria wrote:without a Gm ever taking me aside and saying what, where or why, the forum warnings do not count in there, I was informed about them and thus simply speak from ig warnings.
You are wrong here. This warnings are everyone. If you behave bad on the IRC, on the board or in the game. It does not matter. That counts all im.
And you should not expect that a GM takes you to the side all time if you do something wrong. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not.
How ever one thing happens all time. If you get a adomishment the gm who handed it out will send you a email to the adress given in your game account all time. If that adress is non-existant or unchecked its your problem and your fault if you don't get informed.
Pellandria wrote:It always seems to hit the banned players square in te face, that they suddendly are warned several times,
There are no warnings popping out of nothing. There is a clear list for every player that shows when he got what adonishment for why by who. Nobody can manipulate the timestamp and the name of the gm written there. So be sure the warnings we come up with are real.
Pellandria wrote:without noticing that even
The email problem.
Pellandria wrote:and thus one has to think if the natural "defence" i.e. "I never heard from anything, my name is rabbit", actually seems to be a valid point,
"Ignorance of the law is no excuse."
Pellandria wrote:or is simply a fact that the Gm's tend to not inform a player why, how and where he was warned,
Now the third times. E-Mails are send ALL time. The the detailed reasons.
Pellandria wrote:maybe simply to avoid finding a real reason,
You want to accuse the GMs that they lack of the creativity to name a valid reason for a warning? Thats like accusing all staff members who be ídiots. I would be careful with your words.
Pellandria wrote:but every time a player goes, normally with a strange story about he never did something,
Never did something but having
Pellandria wrote:a zillion warnings ig
never knew those players exsist. Yes yes.
Pellandria wrote:of because lets be honest, no ones innocent in this game,
Thats sad and no excuse for anything. Many things are tolerated as long as they cause no harm to the game. But that was not the case here. The damage to the mood of the community was not acceptable.
Pellandria wrote:but without a "real" pressing and openly obvious reason to ban someone,
If we WANT we can ban everyone. Thats easy. But did you notice that a few players are still playing. Even you. So be sure that we are not pressing anything. Only players who really give us all reasons into the hand get a punishment.
Surely there are... exceptions. After all nobody in the staff has to let himself mocked by ANY player in general. And if a player thinks he needs to do this there are different GMs who are reacting in different ways. But you should never try hitting a far stronger one. Thats something a few players have to learn. Or they leave. Thats the way.
Pellandria wrote:the Gm's pull the old "you had several warnings before and that is enough to ban you",
It sounds cool, it works and as long as its entirely valid I see no reason not to use this.
Pellandria wrote:the reaction to a ban is normally another "attack" on the Gm's such an behaviour is natural,
Yes but thats the price we pay in order to keep everything clear and running in Illarion. Those who are banned always moan like made. No matter "how" you ban them.
Pellandria wrote:I guess the strive for being right kicks in right there, but ignoring those might be more human on the Gm side,
what?!
Pellandria wrote:simply ban him from Irc,
It takes like 10 seconds to change the name and he is back. Great success.
Pellandria wrote:if he produces any trouble, kick his forum name for one week and let him back in, there is only two ways how this is going to end then, first will be that hate and anger build up in this week, resulting in an onslaught of assaults upon the gm or the forum/game, which then simply results in another ban, this time perma I guess or everyone calmed down and actually wants to play the game, after all if he would not care for the game he would have simply left, saving one's face here is, what I believe, not the first intention of Manrons complain.
That works. Once. Twice. But not 6 times. No way.
Pellandria wrote:Even if his intention was to rally players against the staff to let the game, not the gm, suffer, you still would do a better way with letting everyone calm down.
Well he is not the first one who tried this. But if we accepted everyone who ever tried this in the game we would still have a whole set of trouble makers who cause in the time they were here many players to leave entirely.
Pellandria wrote:So what do I want to accomplish with that, well I guess the Gm's need to see another side aswell,
Any players, like you, should see the other side as well. Well they should try to see both sides since of what I read here you did not understand any of both sides even slightly. All that post was just some text that was the failed try to sound any importaint. Its annoying since I hoped some way that anything useful is written in here. But its not. So sad.
Pellandria wrote:banning someone because of warnings, he might not even be aware of, is not a nice way to go and I think that the Gm's should drop their "We are humans too" argument, when they at the same breath make quite clear "Hah we are better than you anyway", you can just go one way, either you allow others to have their failures aswell or you go the "we are the deciders, do not question us or suffer" way.
You said this now like the fourth time in that post and I'm not going to write again what needs to be written about this. Read it further up. I don't need to expand my text in the way to write the same things again and again in other to make it look more importaint.
Pellandria wrote:To finally summarize this whole mess of words.
Thats the word I would use for this too.
Pellandria wrote:1.Let people know their are warned, not one months after the thing happend
They are. E-Mails. If they have a invalid adress in or do not check it. Not our problem.
Pellandria wrote:2.As soon as someone is banned, be nice to him, I know its kinda bummer to do so, after all he might have insulted you on several ways, but it can't be the way to go for illarion, to take players down.
Was tried, does not change anything. We now tend to ignore the banned players just as long as there is nothing constructive comming from them.
Pellandria wrote:3.Free cake, because cake is always awesome.
:roll:

Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:43 am
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Pell just got told.

TWICE.

Posts: 7685
Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: The VBU is awesome

Post by Llama » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Woah, that Nitramification was the longest and most brutal I've ever seen.

I need a wash.

Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:06 am

Post by Anack Lorutz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:36 pm

writing under an account I have never used. You'll just have to take my word for it that I am usually a very quiet player and have played for about four years. I just want to add my say :D

1)The GM's are despots when it comes to this game, that is the worldwide role of a gm in any game. They have ultimate power over you to protect the integrity of the game in future and to avoid any unnecessary unpleasantness. It ensures our long-term fun :D Break the rules...pay the consequences!

2)The problem with this game is not GM's and I don't feel it has ever been. The problem I feel are players who have played for a long time, have a gm on msn or have some foothold in a guild etc who act like gm's on a daily basis. Like we really want to hear your same opinions all the time...it gets boring :wink: There is a severe problem here, I must have had a dozen chars refused or worse, not replied to from certain guilds or even the magic academy even though my rp with that char has been commended. All because some players just don't like your char or because they are doing a favour for one of their friends who has them on msn. (I have an email quote from a certain player admitting to this and as a result, role play came second!)
(this is acually a little off topic...sorry but he ho :lol: )

3)These guys do this for free, they provide an extremely unique and innovative game. Give them the respect they deserve and lets get on with the fun. As for Zak, I have used him for various queries and help with some issues and as a GM he is top notch. 8)

Lets just play the bloody game!!!

Posts: 539
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:50 am

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Thank you Zak for giving clear concise information you didn't even need to.. but is very appreciated for the openness. Illarion is a game for us to have fun playing and enjoy the RP... if your fun is interrrupted... have constructive ideas on how to better the game, there is an entire forum dedicated to just that called the Proposal forum. There should be NO blame placed on gm's who voluteer a lot of their time to make sure our fun is not interrrupted, to devs, nor to players. This thread shouldn't be a blame setting thread but simply to clear the air of questions.

Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:32 pm
Location: Hier und dort

Post by George Felandrus » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:04 pm

Naja das is mal nen Ding. Obwohl Zak immer lieb zu mir war :D (soll kein Schleimen sein) Aber Manne is auch nen juter :D ach vergesst doch die Sache und Manne bekommt noch ne Chance :roll: Dann muss er sich besser ;) aber ich ahbe keine Lust mit Thanseus alleine Silberbrand zu beschäftigen, also Lust schon aber Trokamm ist nicht so bekannt und nunja sonst sind ja kaum Zwerge on. Mh also bitte und die Friedl ist auch sone nette :roll:

Gruß ich

Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Post by MagicMirror » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:32 pm

Gnädig zu sein beweist Menschlichkeit, keine Unkonsquentheit

Developer
Posts: 7638
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:51 am

Post by Nitram » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:42 pm

MagicMirror wrote:Unkonsquentheit
Das Wort was du meinst (zumindest denke ich das) heißt "Inkonsequenz"

Auch wenn ich absolut nicht verstehe was du damit sagen willst.
Denn dieser Ausspruch ist nur bis zu einem bestimmten Punkt gültig. Ist dieser Punkt überschritten ist "Gnade" nur noch ein Zeichen des Unvermögens zu handeln.

Nitram

Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:43 am
Location: Nichts ist drinnen, nichts ist draußen, was drinnen ist ist draußen, was draußen ist ist drinnen.

Post by Thanseus Valerian » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:49 pm

Trokamm hab ich ewig nimmer gesehn. Wär schön wenn du mal wieder on kommst, wir haben zurzeit viele Arbeitsaufträge die noch warten ;-)
Zu dem ganzen Vorfall äußer ich mich lieber mal gar nicht

Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:32 pm
Location: Hier und dort

Post by George Felandrus » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Thanseus Valerian wrote:Trokamm hab ich ewig nimmer gesehn. Wär schön wenn du mal wieder on kommst, wir haben zurzeit viele Arbeitsaufträge die noch warten ;-)
Zu dem ganzen Vorfall äußer ich mich lieber mal gar nicht
Sorry war in letzter Zeit auch auf Reise und Tro is eh nur Schürfer zu dem war er in Varshi :D naja er kommt dann mal wieder hehe naja und hoffentlich legt sich das mit Manne

Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Jason Felarion » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:12 pm

Ich kann nur als Außenstehender meine Meinung in dieser Sachlage kundtun.

Ich begrüße die Offenheit die der Staff in dieser Angelegenheit an den Tag legt, da dies keine Selbstverständlichkeit ist.

Aus der geschilderten Sachlage kann ich den Standpunkt der GM's vollkommen verstehen.
Regeln sind Regeln, und auch wenn die GM->Char-Beziehung im Falle von Zak->Magnus (was mir übrigens nicht bekannt war und ich eigentlich auch kein Interesse auf solche Informationen auf diesem Wege lege) anscheinend kein Geheimnis war, so lockert dies auch in diesem Falle das Regelwerk nicht.
Sicherlich, wie geschildert wurde, stellte dies nur einen Bruchteil der wirkenden Faktoren dar, aber im Ganzen gesehen konnten und mussten die GMs letztendlich genau so entscheiden.

Wenn du vorbelastet bist und dir erneut einen Regelbruch zuschulden kommen lässt, so hast du mit den Konsequenzen zu rechnen. Die Mittteilungen via E-Mail des Staffs sind in diesem Falle noch recht entgegenkommend, könnten jedoch auch ohne weiteres ganz unterbleiben, dies sollte man sich jederzeit bewusst sein.

Eine recht imposantes Spiel, wie Illarion es ohne Zweifel trotz aller Ecken und Kanten ist, lebt von der Community, sodass der Wegfall einiger Spieler sicherlich gravierend wirken kann, jedoch muss auch zum Wohle der Community ein Regelwerk bestehen, an welches sich die Spieler, welche freiwillig und ohne Zwang dieses kostenlose Spiel nutzen, zu halten haben.

Werden Regeln nicht eingehalten, so ist mit einer Strafe zwangsläufig zu rechnen. Bestehen keine Regeln, so ist ein Prinzip eines "echten Rollenspiels" ohne, bzw. mit kaum OOC nicht umzusetzen und wir befinden uns eins zwei drei in einem virtuellen Chatroom.
Einem neuen Spieler kann und wird ja auch sicherlich ein Verstoß aufgezeigt, ggf. geahndet, aber um einen Perm-Ban zu erreichen bedarf es einiges mehr. Mit dem Char Manron hatte ich nie das Vergnügen, jedoch scheint es, er sei ein schon ein "langer" Illarion-Spieler, und als solches muss man sich einfach den Konsequenzen bewusst sein, Punkt.


Sicher würde mir in einer solchen Situation auch so manchen anderen Spieler die Beherrschung schwer fallen, jedoch rate ich in einem solchen Falle: Log dich aus, widme dich dem RL, calm down, breath easy, take a Kit Kat... whatever you need to clear your mind!

Sicherlich tut es mir leid um den Abschied von Manron, auch wenn ich ihn nicht kannte, und den anderen Zwergenspielern, eine Auflösung des Bannes halte ich, allen Konsequenzen zum Trotz, für nicht zweckdienlich, da es die Community stärkt und den Staff weiter schwächt, wenn plötzlich Ausnahmen gemacht werden, Entscheidungen revidiert etc..

In diesem Falle ist zu berücksichtigen, dass NICHT Zak alleinig, sondern die gesammten GMs sich auf einen Bann geeinigt haben!

Ich hoffe eine einigermaßen objektive Sichtweise dargelegt zu haben und bitte euch auch der Community und des Staffs zuliebe, sachlich zu posten, Spekulationen zu vermeiden und einfach Spass an Illarion zu haben.

Die Community ist sicherlich das Rückrat Illarions, aber der Staff ist das Gehirn. Dies sollte man nie vergessen!



edit: In der Zeit, als ich diesen Text schrieb wurde schon wieder rege geposted. Evtl. Doppelungen bitte ich aufgrund dieser Tatsache zu entschuldigen.

Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:26 pm
Illarion e.V.: Support Member
Location: In a machine..called.. body.

Post by Triton » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:17 pm

Jason Felarion wrote:Ich kann nur als Außenstehender meine Meinung in dieser Sachlage kundtun.

Ich begrüße die Offenheit die der Staff in dieser Angelegenheit an den Tag legt, da dies keine Selbstverständlichkeit ist.

Aus der geschilderten Sachlage kann ich den Standpunkt der GM's vollkommen verstehen.
Regeln sind Regeln, und auch wenn die GM->Char-Beziehung im Falle von Zak->Magnus (was mir übrigens nicht bekannt war und ich eigentlich auch kein Interesse auf solche Informationen auf diesem Wege lege) anscheinend kein Geheimnis war, so lockert dies auch in diesem Falle das Regelwerk nicht.
Sicherlich, wie geschildert wurde, stellte dies nur einen Bruchteil der wirkenden Faktoren dar, aber im Ganzen gesehen konnten und mussten die GMs letztendlich genau so entscheiden.

Wenn du vorbelastet bist und dir erneut einen Regelbruch zuschulden kommen lässt, so hast du mit den Konsequenzen zu rechnen. Die Mittteilungen via E-Mail des Staffs sind in diesem Falle noch recht entgegenkommend, könnten jedoch auch ohne weiteres ganz unterbleiben, dies sollte man sich jederzeit bewusst sein.

Eine recht imposantes Spiel, wie Illarion es ohne Zweifel trotz aller Ecken und Kanten ist, lebt von der Community, sodass der Wegfall einiger Spieler sicherlich gravierend wirken kann, jedoch muss auch zum Wohle der Community ein Regelwerk bestehen, an welches sich die Spieler, welche freiwillig und ohne Zwang dieses kostenlose Spiel nutzen, zu halten haben.

Werden Regeln nicht eingehalten, so ist mit einer Strafe zwangsläufig zu rechnen. Bestehen keine Regeln, so ist ein Prinzip eines "echten Rollenspiels" ohne, bzw. mit kaum OOC nicht umzusetzen und wir befinden uns eins zwei drei in einem virtuellen Chatroom.
Einem neuen Spieler kann und wird ja auch sicherlich ein Verstoß aufgezeigt, ggf. geahndet, aber um einen Perm-Ban zu erreichen bedarf es einiges mehr. Mit dem Char Manron hatte ich nie das Vergnügen, jedoch scheint es, er sei ein schon ein "langer" Illarion-Spieler, und als solches muss man sich einfach den Konsequenzen bewusst sein, Punkt.


Sicher würde mir in einer solchen Situation auch so manchen anderen Spieler die Beherrschung schwer fallen, jedoch rate ich in einem solchen Falle: Log dich aus, widme dich dem RL, calm down, breath easy, take a Kit Kat... whatever you need to clear your mind!

Sicherlich tut es mir leid um den Abschied von Manron, auch wenn ich ihn nicht kannte, und den anderen Zwergenspielern, eine Auflösung des Bannes halte ich, allen Konsequenzen zum Trotz, für nicht zweckdienlich, da es die Community stärkt und den Staff weiter schwächt, wenn plötzlich Ausnahmen gemacht werden, Entscheidungen revidiert etc..

In diesem Falle ist zu berücksichtigen, dass NICHT Zak alleinig, sondern die gesammten GMs sich auf einen Bann geeinigt haben!

Ich hoffe eine einigermaßen objektive Sichtweise dargelegt zu haben und bitte euch auch der Community und des Staffs zuliebe, sachlich zu posten, Spekulationen zu vermeiden und einfach Spass an Illarion zu haben.

Die Community ist sicherlich das Rückrat Illarions, aber der Staff ist das Gehirn. Dies sollte man nie vergessen!



edit: In der Zeit, als ich diesen Text schrieb wurde schon wieder rege geposted. Evtl. Doppelungen bitte ich aufgrund dieser Tatsache zu entschuldigen.
Dem kann ich nur beipflichten.

Triton

Posts: 556
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:44 am
Location: SCHLAAAND!!!!

Post by Friedwulfa » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:04 pm

Sicher würde mir in einer solchen Situation auch so manchen anderen Spieler die Beherrschung schwer fallen, jedoch rate ich in einem solchen Falle: Log dich aus, widme dich dem RL, calm down, breath easy, take a Kit Kat... whatever you need to clear your mind!
<- dafür wirste gebannt. Ausloggen in ner Konfliktsituation ((auch wenns nur ist um dem Konflikt ein sofortiges Ende zu geben)) ist verboten.

Auch das ZAK = Magnus ist weiß glaub ich jeder, wie du ja selber einräumst. Also hat er da nix geheimes ausgeplaudert und ich will das jetzt auch gar nicht weiter beurteilen.

btw.: Find ich gut das es ein Konflikt geschafft hat diskutiert zu werden. sowas passiert leider zu selten.

Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Jason Felarion » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:09 pm

@Friedwulfa: Ich meinte damit keineswegs während einer Konfliktsituation! IG zuende spielen, auch wenns dann sicher schwerfallen mag, dann Logout und runterfahren. Spiel ruhen lassen, bis man wieder klarer denken kann.

Unklare Ausdrucksweise meinerseits. Verzeihung!

Zur Sache mit Zak=Magnus
Jason Felarion wrote: Regeln sind Regeln, und auch wenn die GM->Char-Beziehung im Falle von Zak->Magnus (was mir übrigens nicht bekannt war und ich eigentlich auch kein Interesse auf solche Informationen auf diesem Wege lege) anscheinend kein Geheimnis war, so lockert dies auch in diesem Falle das Regelwerk nicht.
Kein Geheimnis heißt nicht allbekannt, alles weitere schrieb ich bereits!
Last edited by Jason Felarion on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:57 pm
Location: http://www.acrobatis-pyrum.de.vu

Post by Kranek » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:09 pm

@ Friedel: Was das wissen angeht, da muss ich leider relativieren...mir zum Beispiel war das nich bekannt.

Posts: 1775
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:20 pm

Post by Retlak » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:18 pm

Silverbrand always smile up.

Posts: 7845
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2001 5:59 pm
Location: Vanima and grey Refuge, of course.

Post by Damien » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:41 pm

Ich selbst bin damals aus dem Staff ausgetreten, aus diversen Gründen und weil ich endlich mal wieder spielen wollte ohne nebenbei stundenlang von ein paar Spielern im MSN angepingt zu werden um meine Meinung zu irgendwelchen kindischen Zankereien, Gefetze wegen verschiedenen RP-Weisen sowie tollen neuen Ideen zum Zwecke der Verwandlung der eigenen Chars in sehr übermächtige Übermagier, Untote oder Dämonen zu erfahren.

Man kann unserem Staff eine Menge nachsagen, aber keine unfairen Bans. Es gibt auch gewisse Dinge und inkonsequente Vorgehensweisen, die mit der menschlichen Natur zusammenhängen und die sich mit der Meinung von solchen Fairness-und Ehrlichkeitsfanatikern wie mir nicht ganz vertragen, die aber in anderen privaten Staffs oftmals viel Verbreiteter sind als in Illa.
Ich war selbst lang genug im Illa-Staff um behaupten zu können, eine Sache ziemlich genau sagen zu können :
Wer in Illa einen Bann kriegt, der hat ihn auch verdient.
Dem Staff hier liegt etwas an den Spielern, es wird weitaus eher diskutiert und verwarnt anstatt zu bannen. Wenn kurz gebannt wird dann nach Ermessen eines GMs und alle anderen Staffmitglieder können ihren Senf dazu abgeben. Permabanns werden sogar immer von mehreren GMs nahezu demokratisch "bestätigt", und es werden viele Fakten abgewägt bevor diese dann endgültig in Kraft treten. "Ungerechte" oder gar willkürliche Permabans sind in illa sehr, sehr unwahrscheinlich.

In diesem Falle gab es noch nicht einmal einen Permabann. Der Spieler von "Manron" wurde zwar schon früher mal auffällig, auch "zu meinen Zeiten". Aber wenn sein Wochen-Bann beendet ist kann er munter weiterspielen, als wenn nix passiert wäre.
Meine Meinung : Sein Problem, wenn er abhaut. Und Schweinerei von ihm, wenn er Andere Leute dazu bringt, dasselbe zu tun, nur damit sein Stolz befriedigt wird.
Kleine Frage :
Warum fühlt er sich jetzt ungerecht behandelt ? Weil er andere Spieler beleidigen kann ohne einen Bann zu kriegen, weil die ihn nicht "verpetzt" haben ? Und weil er jetzt nen Spieler beleidigt hat, der allein schon wegen seinem Amt solche Erziehungsmaßnahmen ergreifen SOLLTE wenn einer so verflucht dämlich ist, diese Regel des Spielerbeleidigens genau vor seiner Nase zu brechen, obwohl er weiß daß er ein GM ist ?

Meine Meinung : Der Bann wurde vom Spieler voll provoziert, der Spieler war definitiv auf Ärger aus, ich hätte ihn auch gebannt und es wäre sowohl von Zak als auch von Aegohl nichts anderes als inkonsequent gewesen ihn nicht zu melden bzw. ihn nicht zu bannen.
Wozu haben wir denn Serverregeln ? Damit man sie ignoriert, oder damit sie durchgesetzt werden ?

...eben.




Short translated summary :
In my opinion, a player(already known to have caused a bit of trouble in the past) who breaks a server rule ("thy shalt not insult other players") right into the face of a guy of whom he knows that he's a GM, directly provokes a ban.
It would have been inconsequent of Zak not to report him and of Aegohl not to ban him.
Of course he can insult other players and NOT get banned, because they don't report him, but expecting the same from a guy of whom he knows that he's a GM is kinda dumb.
Server rules don't exist for being ignored, and if the player leaves because of being banned for a short while it's his own fault. Persuading others to leave with him, just for the sake of his own pride, is dirty and mean.

Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:45 pm

Post by Evan Ross » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:09 pm

As far as I'm concerned, The right thing was done. Heck, If the player wasn't banned, There would probably be a flame war going on about GM favoritism right now. Fact is
You can't please everyone!

Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:17 pm

Post by Zeshyrr » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:09 pm

An IC conflict sprouted from an interaction between a GM played character and a player played character. After this, the player was banned OOC by the GM. This is the case right?

To avoid such unfortunate incidences it would probably be best if GMs do not play the game. That would keep a level playing field for everyone else as well.

In the old days, things like this never happened because there were only a few GMs like Bror and Neonfire who did not play the game. Now there are 10 GMs running around and you see what happens.
Last edited by Zeshyrr on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posts: 3482
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:46 pm

Post by Keikan Hiru » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:12 pm

What would keep the GMs in Illarion if they are not allowed to play?
That's a rather stupid approach, if you ask me.

Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:45 pm

Post by Evan Ross » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Zeshyrr wrote: To avoid such unfortunate incidences it would probably be best if GMs do not play the game. That would keep a level playing field for everyone else as well.
Some of the GM characters have been my most memorable and favorite characters to date. I hope the GMs are never forced to stop playing the game.

Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Chris Colfer's underpants

Post by Mesha » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Zeshyrr wrote:An IC conflict sprouted from an interaction between a GM played character and a player played character. After this, the player was banned OOC by the GM. This is the case right?

To avoid such unfortunate incidences it would probably be best if GMs do not play the game. That would keep a level playing field for everyone else as well.

In the old days, things like this never happened because there were only a few GMs like Bror and Neonfire who did not play the game. Now there are 10 GMs running around and you see what happens.
Neonfire did play the game right?
An IC conflict sprouted from an interaction between a GM played character and a player played character. After this, the player was banned OOC by the GM. This is the case right?
Not exactly the case. The player basically slandered the GM and broke a rule, which resulted in a ban. Usually, breaking that rule (not respecting a GM's privacy) would result in either a warning or a temporary ban, but in this case it resulted in a permanent ban, because the player has several admonishments and is discussed at least once a week on the internal boards.

And the player was banned by another GM, after a decision made by the team.

You'd rather want us playing the game, as it would keep us humane, and it would give us more understanding in situations. And trust me, the GMs are adults when it comes to handling these situations. We can differentiate between ourselves and our characters.

Posts: 3221
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:34 pm
Illarion e.V.: Active Member
Location: Berlin

Post by Djironnyma » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:44 pm

Zeshyrr wrote:A
In the old days, things like this never happened because there were only a few GMs like Bror and Neonfire who did not play the game. Now there are 10 GMs running around and you see what happens.
If you dont know the old times, you shouldnt speak about -.-

both of them played illarion.., and there was many more gms, which all played the game...

in the "old days" gms played also WITH her gm chars, be thankful that these times are over


:roll:


To topic, it is ever sad if one or more player left illarion, if i know these player such long time it is indeed more sad. But all in all i have no doubt that every single player which get temp or perma banned deserve it.

Return to “General / Allgemeines (Player Forum)”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.