Examine closely

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hawkmoon

Examine closely

Post by Hawkmoon »

Just wonder why it is not possible to see what kind of helmet, gloves, leggings and boots a char have when examine closely? I think it would be great if that was added. Think that is more important than all the items in the belt - but that is me.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

The items at the belt are great to know for thieves, or people who want to know what weapons their opponent wears openly.

At least I think that is very important.
Knowing more about the rest of the opponents clothes would be wonderful, but also quite a lot of text to read. And as the text shows up on top of the char, not in your text frame, it could be too much and therefore disturb the game.
Triton

Post by Triton »

Its able to save char~information with Strg + F2-F4
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Triton wrote:Its able to save char~information with Strg + F2-F4
Indeed. But that does not help when taking a quick look at someone who don't use that information to show what it wears...

Why not have two different close examine such as one "Examine belt"(get info about the belt) and one "Close examine" (examine the rest such as clothing, jewelry, armor things in the hands and such things...).
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

that's good, i like, though i bet you an e cookie the devs say there isn't much point to it.
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:that's good, i like, though i bet you an e cookie the devs say there isn't much point to it.
I wish they'd say they cant be arsed instead of saying "theres not much point to it". Such comments hardly encourage people to be creative and come with suggestions.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Daelyn wrote:
Tanistian_Kanea wrote:that's good, i like, though i bet you an e cookie the devs say there isn't much point to it.
I wish they'd say they cant be arsed instead of saying "theres not much point to it". Such comments hardly encourage people to be creative and come with suggestions.
/signed
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Daelyn wrote: I wish they'd say they cant be arsed i
Yup.

Totally agree.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

the problem is a description can't have more then 255 characters. And that leads to a problem if too much items are interpreted. Originally it was planned to show everything but that was droped first hand because the text was just getting too much.

Nitram
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Nitram wrote:the problem is a description can't have more then 255 characters. And that leads to a problem if too much items are interpreted. Originally it was planned to show everything but that was droped first hand because the text was just getting too much.

Nitram
So... Divide the examination into two actions might be possible?
I mean one for what is worn for example and one for what is held in the hands and in the belt or something. Or?
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Am I mistaken or did I hear that we would be able to actually see what each char is wearing eventually? If so then this is not needed.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

No idea where you heared that joxia. But it is wrong.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

I think Joxia refers to the paperdolling that was under discussion. Is this not being considered any longer?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Its considered as a very nice to have feature. But based at the current state of development and the amount of persons who are able to create graphics for paperdolling its currently no in discussion to create anything like this.
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Nitram wrote:Its considered as a very nice to have feature. But based at the current state of development and the amount of persons who are able to create graphics for paperdolling its currently no in discussion to create anything like this.
So... Divide the examination into two different actions then? Possible to do?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

That would fill the screen even more...
Llama

Post by Llama »

Nitram wrote:the amount of persons who are able to create graphics for paperdolling
Amount of people who are able to create people graphics = {martin}
cheffu

Post by cheffu »

rather than see what an opponant is wearing
I would MUCH rather be able to see how much "life" force they have remaining
(or if I even hurt them at all!@)
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

you CAN see some information about their "lifeforce" when you examine them...and they are PCs ;)
Llama

Post by Llama »

Kranek wrote:you CAN see some information about their "lifeforce" when you examine them...and they are PCs ;)
"He looks 'healthy'/slightly wounded ect..."