Using the teleporter while being attacked

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

Post by Llama »

Seriously, we're talking about a town. Assume the town has other people living in it. Assume there are guards or something, in the wilderness do what on earth you like, but holding people up in the middle of town is horrible roleplay.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Mesha wrote:
Mesha wrote:Senseless PK is bannable. That's all 'that I have to say about this really. Report it to a GM.
Senseless PK is killing someone again and again (clouding said person again and again), and killing someone without any RP reason.
Do you mean I havn't enough RP reasons, if I play a bandit? (Including all consequnces for my own Char.) Or did I missunderstood you?

All in all I wished to say that if the PO havn't a chance to fight the Bandit and altough he says: "NO I will never give you my bag!" then its a logical consequence that I try's to cloud him. In which way I could argue to let him go without attacking?

@ Hadrian:
I think also it's not fair if a bandit attacks a crafter at 5 a.m in middle of Bane. But if you decide to rob someone at evening in Bane its just a little bit silly... because there will be a bunch of other angry chars who help togehter. This should be funny RP.

If the most of you do not want clouded chars the system-engine shouldn't allow this. I would miss the trhill! It's good, not to know if the other one would cloud you, or not and if this happens... bad luck. Sometimes you loose a Game thats native.

Do not missunderstand me. If there is a way to let the other one knocked out (without cloude) lie on the ground I will do this, becouse I would be also glad to get not cloudet. But there are Situations where you have to cloude others. Do not be the Princess Sissi and cry about it.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

A sentence to think about:

If you want to cloud a character, it is not OK. If your character wants to cloud a character, it is OK.

This is not an official statement, but think about it. Go outside, to the next shopping mall and think about how many of those people out there would want to kill you when you insult their mothers. They'd slam their fist into your face or simply shake their heads and moan about today's youth. But how many would take out a gun and shoot your head?

Even though Illarion is a game and a different world, our characters were also raised by sane parents usually and few individuals of a species run around, killing others frequently.

Illarion encourages PvP. It is a vital part of the game. But always in the context of roleplaying. If you kill other's characters to spoil their fun, bad idea. If you kill other's characters due to a profound plotline, resulting in tensions between clans or due to rivality, good idea! And those who whine about such kills should abstain from persona play.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Rincewind wrote:@ Hadrian:
I think also it's not fair if a bandit attacks a crafter at 5 a.m in middle of Bane. But if you decide to rob someone at evening in Bane its just a little bit silly... because there will be a bunch of other angry chars who help togehter. This should be funny RP..
Right so basically your argument is "I only PK people if there aren't any guards or other people ONLINE". Don't you see the flaw and OOC mixing in that?

And being a bandit is not enough excuse to PK someone. I can play a character who's family was killed by dwarves, so off I go to PKing!

One of my character hates dwarves too, the most we've done is tried to shave one, not PKed them.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Hmm I think you missunderstood me now. I wished to say that I think really it makes more fun to rob people during guards are online. (no sarcastic)
Llama

Post by Llama »

If that's the case, then that's fair. Otherwise its taking advantage of the fact that some guards have a social life.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Revan

Post by Revan »

Question answered by Nitram on the first page. Topic Locked.