Cult of the Balor De'Morte

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Greisling
Beginner NPC Scripter
Location: Go for more communication between Players and Staff

Post by Greisling »

The Cult wrote: ---This feature will be changed. I was thinking more along the lines of real life, and not illa. Forgot too much about making it fun for other characters. The use of the poisoned blades will only be encouraged for the well-planned and rp'd assassination of a governor. I hope this helps. :o

Phew... Culty, Culty... imho you should think about the whole thing of making a Cult.
To me the one and only sense of it is to start fighting against others.
Past has shown that such approach ultimately will lead to pissed-off POs.

When you already oversaw the completely false approach of the rule mentioned above (coup de graze blabla), I would assume that you have more skeletons in the closet ;-)

Stick to the church, imho, and don't try something you probably might regret in the end.
The Cult

Post by The Cult »

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 697#570697

The newest post on the guild board discourages the use of clouding altogether. Thank you everyone. I realize and now agree with many of your anti-clouding arguments. Attacks will still be RP'd, but characters will not be clouded, just knocked back. (if the opportunity arises, torture will be RP'd. and it is recommended that a knocked down opponent will submit to the RP. Please :) )
The Cult

Post by The Cult »

Thank you for your input. But, the cult will remain. And yes, attacking will be done. But not clouding. If clouding does not take place, there will not be any ooc anger, at least. Any attacks will be RP'd. Illa needs some idiots (fanatic offensive cultists)....and as long as nobody clouds -and considers good RP and the other chars-, I dont think that it will ultimately fail, at least not in creating an idea some chars will like.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

If you're talking RP, I might be willing. I don't mind RPing a victim. :wink: Bear in mind that if this is truly about the RP, there's no fun for the victim or the attacker if the result is a clouding.

The thing I hate about being ghosted is not the skill loss, but the fact that the character can no longer participate in the RP. The only way a victim can participate in the RP is to keep from being clouded. Otherwise it's just some ghost with everyone saying "#o go to the cross," like we don't already know that.

Give that some thought.

edit: Too slow with my post. :lol: If you're insisting on using the engine, back that up with solid RP or count me out. I'm not interested in flexing my engine muscles or in making victims of cultists. :D
Last edited by Kamilar on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endyl

Post by Endyl »

Just don't forget about rule 9,
(The own roleplay has to follow common moral standards. All activities not suitable for minors are not allowed. The play of rape or overplayed violence is highly prohibited and leads to a permanent and instant server ban.)
It's probably better to ask OOCly before doing any torture.
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

If a char gets knocked back, and decides not to act in a graceful rp manner e.g. - act wounded etc... but rather decides to either run or attack again (which is suckish rp)... CLOUD THEM.

Arguement closed.

I never was the best example, but hey, live and learn. :wink: