Old and dead guilds

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kail Revira

Old and dead guilds

Post by Kail Revira »

Old and Dead guilds

Before I begin I would like to mention that I am new to the game and that i really probably have no say in anything important in the forums. Also before I begin, this is NOT directed towards any guild in particular.

I was reading the thread about Caelum (i do not have any say in the dispute) and i saw that the guild-to-member ratio is way too large. I understand that Illarion is a SMALL game, and I also understand it is mostly player run. But I feel there should be LOOSE guidlines. I realize that their is a minimum number of members required and that, obviously, one must attain all building materials and members on their own. However, some guilds seem to be a bit too small or unmanaged and my proposal is SOMETHING be done. I do not have any ideas of my own, so you may disregard this post if you please. But discuss as you will (or wont) :D
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Define "something" and we will start talking.
Kail Revira

Post by Kail Revira »

Well perhaps a sort of cleansing or maybe a redifinition of the guilds? For instance, i knw of the Goldburg dwarfs and i knw of the Grey Orders. They have orginization and other fundamental elements. I believe perhaps a meeting of the guild leaders and town leaders be hosted, and a census of sorts be taken. Of course in game certain guilds have problems with others, however even today and back then hated enemies must sumtimes talk. Of course i would believe Troll's Bane to be the host of this meeting and perhaps have the second rankings and the neutral Town Guard supervise the meetings and ensure safety. The point of the meeting would be to clearly cut the guild and wat their intentions r. Perhaps an evil guild, such as the new Knights of the Temple, cant make it for obvious resons. Their guild should be allowed as long as through some means of RPing they state their business.

Does that make sense? it was kinda on the spot :lol:
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Kail Revira wrote:Well perhaps a sort of cleansing [...]
http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=28380
Kail Revira wrote:[...] or maybe a redifinition of the guilds?[...]
Into what?
Kail Revira wrote:Does that make sense?
Not really, you are mixing things you want to achive inside the game (IC), with things you want to have outside of the game (OOC).
Kail Revira

Post by Kail Revira »

I said before how I didn't have any ideas, but what i mean by a redifining is something more than an illapedia description. I mean to say IC there should be a meeting of the kindly guilds (that is the guilds that are to be known, unlike The Society of the Free) in which each discusses what there goals are as of the month or year or whatever would be decided and also discuss any politics and such, similar to a Summit Meeting. Like a Davos except not just about economy. What I am trying to get at is simply the fact that there are numerous guilds that more or less could merge, such as a combonation of the Riverside Grovestriders and the Town Guard of Troll's Bane. The striders could be a sort of dispatch unit in this case i would think.

am i making any sense? i dont mean to sound like such a mean person, i just have trouble finding the rite words :)
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Look, you are trying to achive things inside the game.
This proposal board is meant for proposals concerning the actual game itself (Client, Server, Mechanics), not the plot, characters or therelike inside the game.

If you want to organize a summit or something, please do it with the appropriate channels (RPG board, actual actions inside the game).

Am I making sense?
Llama

Post by Llama »

That's an IC thing. If you want the guilds to meet up and reach agreements, that's an IG matter. Nothing the gms/devs can/should enforce.
Kail Revira

Post by Kail Revira »

ahhhhhhh I see. I didn't know that. I did, at first, want it to be an OOC ordeal, but i realize that OOC cannot do much more for guild regulation or else it would just hinder the IC aspects of the game. Thanks guys and sorry :?