Label Potion Bottles for Druids

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Fianna Heneghan

Label Potion Bottles for Druids

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

Right now some potions come with a label already attached to the bottle, where some say "unknown." These unknown ones are theoretically known by the druid making them. I think it will become very confusing as mana, antidote, healing start getting introduced into the game with no way to tell them apart.

I'm wondering if a !label function can be added like the !bag function so that we can tell them apart. Or possibly each bottle could be autonamed with something... not necessarily a meaningful name, but just something to distinguish it from the others... "george," "lucy," "pigsnot" ... really doesn't matter what. Too many purple bottles saying "unknown" become messy very quickly.

Is this even possible?
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I am not quite sure...but I blieve it was even planed this way.

In other words good idea.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Thats absolutly impossible. The bag uses the data value (32bit) to encode the letters you want to store on it. The druids system uses this value already to encode the effects of the potion.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I love being able to tell the potions apart, is there any other way besides labeling then? I know there is a special "engraving" system for clothes, can something similar be done for potions or is the engraving system part of this data value? Any ideas would be welcome.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Achae Eanstray wrote:I love being able to tell the potions apart, is there any other way besides labeling then? I know there is a special "engraving" system for clothes, can something similar be done for potions or is the engraving system part of this data value? Any ideas would be welcome.
The engraving value, the way I understand it works, is changing the data value, and then changing the SCRIPTS so that when you 'see' the item, it gives a different message.

There's no simple way to realise this.
pharse

Post by pharse »

I think you mean the custom lookats. I always have to change the scipts and reload the server (!).

Anyway, as Nitram stated, the druid potions use the data value to encode their effect. No way to include them into the custom lookats.
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

What about a lesser amount of letters for the labeling. The druid potion only uses 8 digits. Can we exclude the last 8 digits and get a few letters label with the remaining digits?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

With the remaining digits we get exactly 1 lowercase letter.
Fianna Heneghan

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

What about the feature that names these bottles as "unknown" having some preset name entered? Again, it doesn't have to be a name that gives away the content of the bottles, just something so that we can see them differently. For example, the language potions all have labels saying exactly what they are so it seems like it is at least theoretically possible.
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

Hrm... with 1 lower case letter, maybe some druids can come to an agreement for the labelling. m for mana, h for healing, a for antidote etc? and the evil druid can use such agreement and lies about it xD

Still better than can't differentiate what the potions do i guess. Or at least... it seems better to me ^^;;;
Llama

Post by Llama »

Nitram wrote:With the remaining digits we get exactly 1 lowercase letter.
Hmm, I think its better than nothing :P

You could keep a piece of paper

Potion: A is a love potion
Potion: B is a llama-making potion

Would still help them ;)
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

L should be llama-making :D , but one letter is definitely better then nothing.