Announcement: A Terrible Death to Die! (Oh No!)

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Aegohl

Announcement: A Terrible Death to Die! (Oh No!)

Post by Aegohl »

We recently had a problem that I wouldn't expect would ever happen at Illarion and I want to make it clear what will happen if this happens in the future:

No trading Illarion ingame currency, goods, services, characters, land, mules, manservants, maidservants, produce and meats for any outside of game things or things from other games or we will eat you.

An example we'll use is trading items for Grimmwold items or vice versa. I don't think it's much of a secret that many members of the Illarion staff are very close to the people and staff at Grimmwold (much like in earlier days Illarion staff was very close to the people and staff at Tibia, and similar to that we owe both Tibia and Grimmwold a lot for the ideas we get from them and the fun times we've had playing there) and having talked with Lara about the situation she's made it clear to me that we will work in tandem against people who do these things, so think before you act: you could end up without a place to play.

Illarion's economy is a delicate flower that falls apart with too much watering and dries up with too little and while I would say it's incomplete it's also all we have right now. And part of it is the price we pay for having a 'hardcore rp' game, where one is expected to work hard and really put in effort to compete. It also messes up other things, like, for example, that stuff like land and buildings, which would be available quite cheaply at a UO server, here instead is a benefit for players who have put in the long haul and become leaders in the community.

Now that that's off my chest, go play and have fun. =)
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

No entiendo.

Edit: Nevermind, entiendo now.
Caecilianus Cathari

Post by Caecilianus Cathari »

THIS is why UO is bad.