Distanceweapons and ammo?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hawkmoon

Distanceweapons and ammo?

Post by Hawkmoon »

Hello all! Here is another proposal from me...

As it is now one has to have both the distance weapon itself plus the ammo needed in your hands. I both think it feels kinda strange but also it makes it much harder to change weapons when the enemy gets closer.

My proposal is that it is enough that the distance weapon is considered as a two handed weapon and that the ammo is needed in the belt. Would make much more sense I think and it would also make the distance weapons slightly better (need to improve quite a lot as far as I know. =) ).

Well that is my proposal this time. =)
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Nice idea, one problem: What if you have wind arrows and ordinary arrows in the belt? Which ones to chose?

But when you solve this riddle, I see not much speaking against this. But also, not much for it since "you can switch weapons faster" does not sound like a true "pro" argument.
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Estralis Seborian wrote:Nice idea, one problem: What if you have wind arrows and ordinary arrows in the belt? Which ones to chose?

But when you solve this riddle, I see not much speaking against this. But also, not much for it since "you can switch weapons faster" does not sound like a true "pro" argument.
Good question. Maybe simply pick from the pile of arrows that are highest ranked in the belt?

And when it comes pros... I feel it is strange to have the quiver in the hand when the chars probably have the quivers in the belt (or on the back). It would make much more sense having the arrow or the pebbles in the belt I must say.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

is it possible to check one square in the belt first?
put your favored arrows in the upper belt-square...when they are all used, check the other squares...
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

It DOES make it a lot harder to switch weapons having to have both in hand considering I typically have to try a couple of times to drag all the stones/arrows to belt or bag. Just a suggestion if possible: set priority on what is used as ammo from the belt. 1. pebbles/stones if sling in hand.... if bow in hand 2. regular arrow first then 3. wind arrow. If the PO wants to use wind arrow first they can move the regular arrows to their bag.

additional: there was a proposal for poison arrows awhile back, was this rejected?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Juliana D'cheyne wrote:additional: there was a proposal for poison arrows awhile back, was this rejected?
No there will be poison arrows.

How ever I reject that proposal here for performance reasons. Checking more slots then the hand takes more time then I'm willing to invest to this. Also Distance attacks get a few advantages with the next update that make this change unneeded. Switching the weapons from distance fighting to melee weapons is supposed to take long.

Nitram