IRA/URA TAUR LUK

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

IRA/URA TAUR LUK

Post by LifeWonder »

'llo.

Players who aren't mage don't have to read that, you probably won't really understand. x]

It'd be nice (and fun) if we could add to the variety of monsters that IRA/URA TAUR LUK summons. Until now, I've noticed;

Flies, wasps, gnolls, mummies and skeletons.

And those who don't attack; pig, sheep, rabbit, cow, skeleton, ghost.

For the monsters that don't attack, I think we do have enough. But could we add other monsters that attack?

Wolves? Maybe red skeletons for undeads?

Also, is it possible to make it so their strength depends on the caster's desicio level? Right now, I think that the only thing that changes is the amount of mana required to cast it.

Just a little heads up. It's a fun spell, but right now averagely useless.
Llama

Post by Llama »

There are also trolls from URA TAUR LUK

What else would you want to have summoned?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

You can also cast deer.

And whoah, since when could you summon gnolls?

Red skeletons sound overpowered to me.
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Maybe make it so you need 50% desicio to cast red skellies?

Also, yeah, deers too.

And gnolls = trolls, no? o_o My bad. I meant trolls.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

.. You already need 70% skill to cast IRA TAUR LUK.
Youchimitchu

Post by Youchimitchu »

What about IRA/URA TUAR LUK LHOR? Seriously i wanna summon illusionary creatures scare someone with the illusion of a dragon in town...so much fun
but I think it would be neat to summon like ogre shamans maybe? in the much later skill of the craft? or to powerful?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Youchimitchu wrote:What about IRA/URA TUAR LUK LHOR? Seriously i wanna summon illusionary creatures scare someone with the illusion of a dragon in town...so much fun
IRA TAUR already summons harmless skellies and wraths... So its a pretty 'illusionary' thing already.

--
"And gnolls = trolls, no? o_o My bad. I meant trolls."

Gnolls are the wolf things which look a bit like jar-jar binks -_-

Trolls are the muscular things with clubs.
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

Trolls are the green dark thingy... in the trolls wood.
Gnolls are the wolf thingy in forest near nordmark.

The one that can be summoned is the ogre warrior, you can find this guy in east of varshikar. So far haven't seen summoned trolls nor gnolls unless it's GM.
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

AlexRose wrote:.. You already need 70% skill to cast IRA TAUR LUK.
You need to get in-game more often before trying to sound smart. :P
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Well I wouldn't know the difference anyway, because I could always cast that spell. (Even with ~40% skill due to my equipment).
Llama

Post by Llama »

AlexRose wrote:Well I wouldn't know the difference anyway, because I could always cast that spell. (Even with ~40% skill due to my equipment).
They changed the system somewhat ;)

Well, gave it a proper makeover.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I know that, and I saw the auto emotes, but I thought they just changed how efficient your equipment is, not the base skill required to cast spells.
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Hence why you shouldn't try to sound smart when you're not fully aware of said subject. :P
Llama

Post by Llama »

AlexRose wrote:I know that, and I saw the auto emotes, but I thought they just changed how efficient your equipment is, not the base skill required to cast spells.
Nope, changed base skill
Changed 'failures' - DUN spells now have holes in them for example
Changed mana requirements
Put a system where mana requirements increases for each casting - so no more mages beating 5 people at the same time, you'll run out of mana soon enough - though you can nuke one.

There you go ;)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Regardless, if I could previously cast IRA TAUR LUK which required 70% when I was at ~40%, the point still stands. Red skeletons if put in at all should be like 80/90% skill.
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

AlexRose wrote:Regardless, if I could previously cast IRA TAUR LUK which required 70% when I was at ~40%, the point still stands. Red skeletons if put in at all should be like 80/90% skill.
/facepalm
Athian

Post by Athian »

Hadrian_Abela wrote: Put a system where mana requirements increases for each casting - so no more mages beating 5 people at the same time, you'll run out of mana soon enough - though you can nuke one.
little touch up. Its not constant increase, it's time based. just put a second or so between casts and it's about the same cost in mana every time.
You can stil kill a buncha people on one mana bar if you DUN QWAN for example. or even with regular casting since most people won't live past three shots anyway. But no maybe not 5 people, two or three ya might manage though :wink:

~~~

I would be in favor of adding different monsters or animals to the summon spells but things like Gnolls, Drows and Red and other super baddie monsters would probably kill the caster shortly after killing there intended victim. Also it would lead to alot of super dangerous monsters showing up in more rp orientated places. Some bored mage might just drop a pair of demons skeletions into the local library or the tavern. And when average joe walks in hes dead before he can blink.

Maybe we should just chuck those spells and make some new ones ^^.

oh as as for useless descio spells, Anti paralyze (??) when is that ever going to be used? your not frozen for more then a few seconds and it's much easier to shove someone out of dangers way (the iceflame they are standing in) then two seconds cast time to unparalyze them and hope they notice....and you can't use it on yourself if your paralyzed after all. I'm just sayin *shrug*
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

To be on topic.

Since desicio is harder to train then Commotio and Pervestigatio I wouldn't mind at 80% if there was a new bad guy you could cast. Then another at 90% and lastly 100%. My question is could we find someway to limit the randomness this spell has. Perhaps like with creating a gate you could say the name of the creature before you summon it. Not sure if that is possible to me that would make sense.

The real problem is that these creatures you summon can drop coin and items! Mages would instantly be rich if they were able to summon anything over a skeleton.

If there is someway to take drops from summoned creatures Here is a mock layout I came up with.

IRA TAUR LUK:
10%-30%: Smelly Mummy, Mummy with sword,
30%-60%: Poisonous Mummy, Crippled Skeleton, Strong Skeleton
60%-80%: Mage Skeleton,
80%-100%: Floating Skull, Demon Skeleton

URA TAUR LUK:
10%-30%: Wasps, Bees,
30%-60%: Wolves, Troll Forester
60%-80%: Panther, Troll Warrior, Ogre Warrior
80%-100%: Gnoll, Spider

If this doesn't sound possible I propose DUN be talked about for summonings. Once again none of this IMO will be possible until these summoned creatures no longer drop coins, items, etc...
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Oh yeah, hostile summoned monsters do drop coins.

Although it's really nothing worthwhile. There's no way a mage can get rich from that..
Athian

Post by Athian »

if you could summon a floating skeletion or demon skeletion and just kill it right after you'd be able to make good money and get great items. Thats what Holyknight means :wink:
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Demon skeletons only drop like.. 30-70 coppers and sometimes a so-so sword or something.

Don't know about ghosts..
Athian

Post by Athian »

yes so kill 20 reds make about 10 silver more or less. Equipment they drop varies for excellent conditions serinjah to about that same quality magical longsword.

id agree the monsters would have to have no drops. But not sure if that requires altering a script or creating a new summon type monster.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

I also see a problem with the drop, that would be a very easy way to make money
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Uh, yes lifewonder mages and friends of mages will get stinking rich. When fighting NPCs there is a spawn lag that keeps you from just making coins constantly. With mages able to summon them it would be ridiculous. Sure right now with mages just able to randomly get a skeleton now and then with a max coin drop of like 10 it is not that big of a deal. You summon a skeleton that can drop up to 60 coins different ballgame. That actually "makes" mages an ATM... I doubt very much Estralis would be pleased.

Here is an old story quite a few people will remember. The spell ORL KAH literally use to make food. There was also an NPC on the map that bought this food. Once upon a time a mage put two and two together and started making stockpiles of food to sell to that NPC, and got filthy stinking rich. As a result ORL KAH was changed to what it is now. This needs to be avoided.

So unless coin/loot drops are disabled from summoned creatures this is a mute point for asking for better creatures to summon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So until we get word from the staff I think we should discuss other options as well. The more ideas we can get the better. Here is what we got so far from reading.

-Adjustment to the numbers of LUK creatures that can be summoned.
-Taking away loot/coin drops from summoned creatures to allow more powerful creatures to be created.
-Give a call tag to each creature to specify summoning (e.g. mummy, skeleton, pig, etc...)
-DUN effect to summon multiple creatures.
-A tier for casting creatures (certain level to produce stronger creatures)

More?
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

I like these ideas... and will add just one though I am unsure how it can be implemented (forgive if a little off topic). I miss being able to ORL KAH food and wish there was some compromise between actually having food appear versus filling up the food bar. Possibly filling up the food bar and 2-3 fruit appear randomly? This would be nice for the RP aspect and would prevent a mage from making too much..after the food bar is filled. *shrugs*
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Haha, I remember the food thing. Nice one Patty lmao.

Howabout instead of needing 80+ skill to summon powerful things we make a spell called IRA TAUR LUK QWAN. Its how we make more powerful spells currently, I don't see why it couldn't also be applied here. Might make it easier to balance in terms of mana usage / casting time etc.
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

I don't know about you guys, but spawning creatures gobs up half my mana..

I guess for older mages it consumes less mana?
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

So until we get word from the staff I think we should discuss other options as well. The more ideas we can get the better. Here is what we got so far from reading.

-Adjustment to the numbers of LUK creatures that can be summoned.
-Taking away loot/coin drops from summoned creatures to allow more powerful creatures to be created.
-Give a call tag to each creature to specify summoning (e.g. mummy, skeleton, pig, etc...)
-DUN effect to summon multiple creatures.
-A tier for casting creatures (certain level to produce stronger creatures)
-Adding QWAN effect to LUK spells for stronger creatures
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Is it me or don't it feels kinda strange that creatures like goblins and gnolls can be raised/summoned? Would have understood better with creatures that are all magic such as undead raised, or maybe ghosts, Golems, but Goblins and so live in societies after all and so and all the sudden they show up because of a mage?

Don't know if my point is clear enough but hope someone understand what I try to say... =)
Llama

Post by Llama »

Hawkmoon wrote:Is it me or don't it feels kinda strange that creatures like goblins and gnolls can be raised/summoned? Would have understood better with creatures that are all magic such as undead raised, or maybe ghosts, Golems, but Goblins and so live in societies after all and so and all the sudden they show up because of a mage?
They're 'summoned' actually, not raised. Yes its partially messed up, but I always assumed they're coming from somewhere. You know, a miniportal opened and sucked out a cow from somewhere.