Illarion on My-space

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Rincewind

Illarion on My-space

Post by Rincewind »

Idea:
introduce Illarion on myspace.com

Why?

recruit new players and make advertising

I think this will work very good. What do you think?
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

I think myspace sucks.

Facebook is better, is more suited to our target audience and most people have one.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

Both. (duh)

Reason, some people (i do know them) don't like one or the other.
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Hint: Search in facebook for "Illarionites" ;)
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:Reason, some people (i do know them) don't like one or the other.
And some even think both is crap.
Sssari

Post by Sssari »

Nitram wrote:
Tanistian_Kanea wrote:Reason, some people (i do know them) don't like one or the other.
And some even think both is crap.
I agree.
pharse

Post by pharse »

I think there's enough to maintain for the staff. If you think it's a good idea, you can do this on your own or with other players any time.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

We have an Illarionite group on facebook back from way back when, but it's not active at all. If other Illarionites want to join the group just let me know so I can link you to it.
Salhari

Post by Salhari »

whoa whoa whoa, I dont wanna be a jackass or anything, but I see one -huge- problem with this: assholes. As im sure we all know there, are thousands and thousands of people out there who just wait for a chance to cause problems. The only thing I can see resulting from this is maybe 10-15 more -real- players, and probably a flood of hundreds of complete assholes who just want to mess with people. I think the only thing that this will cause is an influx of people who refuse to RP, and join simply to harrass us. Gaming sites and such are good, because people normally use them when they are looking for a game, but advertising an RP game on something like myspace or facebook... not a good imho, unless the staff love banning people by the droves, in which case, should be lots of fun for them ^_^ thats all I have to say on the matter, I really hope i didnt upset anyone

@Nitram- yes, they both suck >_>
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

The newbie island would filter the "assholes" most likely... or at least i hope so xD
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

but, dont they have the option to skip newbie island?
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

i'm under the impression that you can only skip if and only if it's not a new account... not really sure though ^^;;;
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

ogerawa wrote:i'm under the impression that you can only skip if and only if it's not a new account... not really sure though ^^;;;
Yup.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

cool, would prolly filter 90% of the idiots then
Llama

Post by Llama »

I fail to see what putting illarion in some social networking site, or one of those 'just add water' websites will do anything good to our image.

Seriously, everytime I see a myspace URL I think "This guy is too lazy to make his own"
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

:P
Maeglin Telemmaite

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

I totaly agree on this one.we need something on myspace or face book and everything else too!!!!!but...Salhari is rite...we need a better way to filter the game.I have an idea on that aspect too.I got bored one day because the server was down adn i was playing runescape(i know retarted rite)and when i logged in it asked me a bunch of questions.I think when you create a charactor and go to newbie island there should be a part where you get asked a few questions at teh end.Then depending on their answers it determines wheather tehy should be able to play...this could also cause problems soo another proposal would be in even making an account to ask these Questions.One of the bigger Questions to ask would probably be one like:"if you had the option would you rather play a game with roleplaying or fighting and free speech.(or something like that)

remember just an idea.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Maeglin Telemmaite wrote:we need a better way to filter the game.
Exactly....
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

I think when you create a charactor and go to newbie island there should be a part where you get asked a few questions at teh end.
We had such a questionary. It was removed. For a reason. And it will not come back.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

And in ancient, long forgotten times, way before the multiple choice questionnaire we made people actually write real texts before we let them play.
I always threw those texts into a spellchecker and shuddered when it returned in complete red to me.
(I read them anyway.)

... rite?

So, be happy that Illarion decided to be an easily accessable game, with Gamemaster willing to do the filtering, if needed.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Estralis Seborian wrote:
I think when you create a charactor and go to newbie island there should be a part where you get asked a few questions at teh end.
We had such a questionary. It was removed. For a reason. And it will not come back.
Namely we decided to rehabilitate 100% n00bs instead of throw them off a cliff.

The questionares could have been done many many times, so even monkeys on typewriters could have done it - eventually.