Wands

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Azuros

Wands

Post by Azuros »

This is a relatively minor proposal.

I think that, to give carpenters a chance, wands should be less common as a drop from maps and such. (Or not a drop at all...) To counter this, perhaps pure elements could be a smidge more common so that carpenters with enough skill can actually craft the wands and make a profit with them?
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Carpentry is one of the systems that I believe has been rather undercut lately.

Archery is hardly used.
Staves are rare.
Rarely do people ask for instruments.
Sure, occasionally people will ask for a peel, or a rolling pin, or various other tools, but they can be bought by npc's and are kinda stuck at a set price.
And very often people will find maps, and those maps sometimes have wands of great quality.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Some go on the treasure hunts for wands etc.. I think they should still be dropped but also alternate with pure elements, drow bows, fire axes, and other hard to find items. I believe some maps DO drop elements too. As far as I know and haven't been on a lot...not all maps ALWAYS drop wands. So far I only know of one char in game that can make an air wand right now.. may be more.
Olive

Post by Olive »

any map silver object and higher will almost always have a wand in it, dragon and yr maps will have multiple wands. a YR map i did had a regular wand, a fire wand and an earth wand, as well as an air water and fire element, mirror, etc

i woud like to see wands not dropped from maps, and some of the really really stupid wand craftign requirements, ie step fern and red/black dye removed in favor of something,. oh, i dunno, maybe...logical? maybe a gemstone instead of dye?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Monster drops = in work
Materials for carpentry = scheduled to be revised
Map content = planned to be revised, but NOT nerfed to death

Illarion can use all hands. So, when you want to get the materials for carpentry changed, make up a list with products and the raw materials you'd assign so a basis for overhaul is given.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Vern Kron wrote:Rarely do people ask for instruments.
And then someone beats the dirt out of them when they spam them in public areas.

The carpenter's use right now is the smith's helper.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

And then people complain about there never being carpenters around to help smiths, so then smiths make their own handles, and then smiths can make a very nice profit without need or want of carpenters. Thus, my friends, we have a nifty little side trade called carpentry, and the big goliath of smithing.