What else is Illarion to you?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderators: Gamemasters, Community Managers

Post by Theory » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:07 pm

What else is Illarion to you?

We all know Illarion is a game, but it could be a place for you to try out those dirty fantasies....talking pigs for example :roll:

For me, Illarion is a place to get opinions on my writings without the stupidity of my RL friends.... :lol:

Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:18 pm

A place to cyber hawt elven vixens.

Post by Llama » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:20 pm

Julius wrote:A place to cyber hawt elven vixens.
Who are played by men.

---

For me illarion is more of the community then the game, we do some fun things together, like the NS2 thing, or the games on the board.

Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:26 pm

That's the kicker. :P

Post by Gummizelle » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:28 pm

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Julius wrote:A place to cyber hawt elven vixens.
Who are played by men.

---

For me illarion is more of the community then the game, we do some fun things together, like the NS2 thing, or the games on the board.
/signed

Illa makes it possible to make things you never could do.
You know, stylisch fighting moves, eating mud, leading (or burn) towns, hunting dragons.

Post by Vern Kron » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:03 pm

I play Illa to develop my writing skills, and to see what ideas I can shake out of it.

Post by Shenandrea » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Playing Illarion is something that actually makes fun. I like the RP and can also work on my english knowledge and like Vern Kron said, to develop writing skills. And I like the Community, the way people interact here.

Post by Hawkmoon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Vern Kron wrote:I play Illa to develop my writing skills, and to see what ideas I can shake out of it.
Yeah, agree here... A lot to learn for me who don't speak english or german as first language. A lot to learn really. So if you wonder why my writing skills are limited - then you know why. There are so many time I come up with something to write - in swedish - just to realise that my vocabulary in the english language is not enough to write in english. Kinda frustrating but hopefully I will improve in the future.

Have to add that it is kinda fun to play a role as well of course and try to seperate the char and the world around there from my own world. Great fun when one has to write somethng I would not stand for IRL and so on... Well, RP is the main reason why I play Illarion that is for sure! RP is the focus in the game and I love it!

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:24 pm

Illarion is a good book, each char is a book on their own constantly being expanded by others in the game.

Post by abcfantasy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:24 pm

Lol, I remember before I played Illarion, I was totally hopeless in English. I didn't know basic words like 'grin' or 'awkward'. Yes, that bad.

But Illarion is also a game where you can really "customize" your char, and there is substantial character development and changes (the rest of the games, that development is quite restricted to the game's storyline).

Post by Llama » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:31 pm

Kaila Galathil Travinus wrote:Illarion is a good book, each char is a book on their own constantly being expanded by others in the game.
That is a very poetic way of putting it.

*Likes*

Post by Olaf Tingvatn » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:01 pm

Illarion to me is like a punching bag filled with weasels...its fun to punch the bag just to hear the confused and horrified screams...but after a while you decide to put some broken glass in there just to mix it up..but even that gets boring after a while...:)

Post by Alytys Lamar » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:20 pm

abcfantasy wrote:Lol, I remember before I played Illarion, I was totally hopeless in English. I didn't know basic words like 'grin' or 'awkward'. Yes, that bad
I agree heartily, the same count for me. Its much more fun to make holidays and speak a very good english.

Also Illarion is and was always a *headcinema* with his own drama and life. Like making a movie as a stage director :)

Post by Sundo Raca » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Alytys Lamar wrote:
abcfantasy wrote:Lol, I remember before I played Illarion, I was totally hopeless in English. I didn't know basic words like 'grin' or 'awkward'. Yes, that bad
I agree heartily, the same count for me. Its much more fun to make holidays and speak a very good english.

Also Illarion is and was always a *headcinema* with his own drama and life. Like making a movie as a stage director :)
Same for me, at least when illarion is at its best.

Developer
Illarion e.V.: Active Member

Post by Jupiter » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:34 pm

Kaila Galathil Travinus wrote:Illarion is a good book, each char is a book on their own constantly being expanded by others in the game.
This is exact how I think about Illarion, too.

Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:12 pm

What's that illarion you speak of?!

Post by Gummizelle » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:57 pm

LifeWonder wrote:What's that illarion you speak of?!
I think it's something to eat.

Post by AlexRose » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:52 pm

Fun?

Post by Lily Crystal » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:10 pm

I have found Illarion so far to be telling stories about fairies and the east wind, campfire chatting about Zelphia and spirituality, eating cake while making friends, learning how to bake while counseling about pregnancy, and so much more! I am loving every minute of it of this beautiful world! Thanks to everyone who has made it possible.

Post by Llama » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:15 pm

Lily Crystal wrote:I have found Illarion so far to be telling stories about fairies and the east wind, campfire chatting about Zelphia and spirituality, eating cake while making friends, learning how to bake while counseling about pregnancy, and so much more! I am loving every minute of it of this beautiful world! Thanks to everyone who has made it possible.
O_o A pregnant lizard girl?!

Post by AlexRose » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:48 pm

Human speaks to lizard about Tanora round fire. Lizard calls Tanora Zelphia. Human = Preganant. Lizard counsels human.

Doesn't have to be the lizard that's preggers ;) .

But it does raise the question why a mammal would be seeking pregnancy counselling from a lizard but meh.

Post by Damien » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Especially since lizards lay eggs anyway.
:lol:

Post by Llama » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:23 pm

Damien wrote:Especially since lizards lay eggs anyway.
:lol:
That's not in the offixul background [R]! *whine whine whine whine complain*

Post by Joxia Doral » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:55 am

Jupiter wrote:
This is exact how I think about Illarion, too.
Nothing more to add here.

Return to “General / Allgemeines (Player Forum)”