Bye

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tlatloc

Bye

Post by Tlatloc »

I have been forced from the game for things I didn't do. It doesn't matter in the end though because I know it is because certain people do not like what I roleplay. Olive, I understand how you feel in more ways than one. For those that did like my roleplay, you can always have the memory of me in your heart, and it will be the same for me.

I found the game to be filled with elitist, snobby cliques that were so ridiculously full of themselves that they couldn't accept anyone's roleplaying that was even slightly different from their own. These cliques were whiny, annoying, and they had the support of GMs who were probably in one of them in the past.

On the subject of GMs, I found decent GM support to be few and far between. GMs in this game seem to delight more in impeaching players on trumped up rule infractions than in helping out with fun roleplaying events. Nearly everytime, I have requested GM support for a roleplaying event I had conceived of and organized I have gotten excuses in response. I have never seen a game that has such a high ratio of GMs to players, but at the same time is so unsupported in a positive manner by its GMs.

I had truly gotten sick of all the elitism, GM favoritism, and OOC politics by the time I was forced out of the game. The only things I will miss are the ones, you know who you are, who never failed to bring a smile to my lips.

P.S. The Siege on Goldburg planned for this Friday is canceled, thanks to OOC maneuverings.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Re: Bye

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Tlatloc wrote:I have been forced from the game for things I didn't do. It doesn't matter in the end though because I know it is because certain people do not like what I roleplay. Olive, I understand how you feel in more ways than one. For those that did like my roleplay, you can always have the memory of me in your heart, and it will be the same for me.

I found the game to be filled with elitist, snobby cliques that were so ridiculously full of themselves that they couldn't accept anyone's roleplaying that was even slightly different from their own. These cliques were whiny, annoying, and they had the support of GMs who were probably in one of them in the past.

On the subject of GMs, I found decent GM support to be few and far between. GMs in this game seem to delight more in impeaching players on trumped up rule infractions than in helping out with fun roleplaying events. Nearly everytime, I have requested GM support for a roleplaying event I had conceived of and organized I have gotten excuses in response. I have never seen a game that has such a high ratio of GMs to players, but at the same time is so unsupported in a positive manner by its GMs.

I had truly gotten sick of all the elitism, GM favoritism, and OOC politics by the time I was forced out of the game. The only things I will miss are the ones, you know who you are, who never failed to bring a smile to my lips.

P.S. The Siege on Goldburg planned for this Friday is canceled, thanks to OOC maneuverings.
From your writings I can only conclude that you were one of the orc players. If it was for me I wouldn't allow orcs or goblins as player races. That is not because of the players but these races have an inherent problem to themself.
1. They normally live outside the human society yet they have to be allowed to roam the streets of Troll's Bane or other settlements because they need the access to the NPCs, too.
2. Usually they are evil. Evil is probably the hardest thing to play. The problem is not that it is hard to "play" evil, but any roleplaying game is a game that is played together. But if you play evil your main goal is to play against the others. That causes a contradiction between the interests as a player and that of the character. This is it what makes it so difficult.
3. Orcs and goblins are mainly fighters. Nothing wrong with that. But you should keep in mind, that not everyone wants to be a fighter. And then all of a sudden there an orc raid. Sooner or later it comes to the Ctrl-Click and then it is no longer roleplay but skill against skill. And if you loose the fight you will loose skills.

What I want to say with all this that if you play an evil char it is quite hard to be accepted.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Bye bye. *sniff*
Youchimitchu

Post by Youchimitchu »

Po Tlatloc as I understand alot of problems with certain members of this game I being one who I know i have ruffled feather on countless occasions I would like to see you remain as I found your Roleplay enjoyable even though Luc met you rarely The idea that you were trying to bring the lizards back into the game was GREAT Id like to see people be more open to different roleplay in the future to prevent stagnant rp

The Idea of as most would call fanatic rp to the temple of Zelphia gave a great feel to the lizards making them standout alot more and taking a front row seat in the spot light of role play Please reconsider.
Po -Luc-
Last edited by Youchimitchu on Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Bye Galim.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Youchimitchu wrote: The Idea of as most would call fanatic rp to the temple gave a great feel to the lizards making them standout alot more and taking a front row seat in the spot light of role play Please reconsider.
Well, the problem with being "fanatic" is the same as with being evil. The problem is to know when to stop being fanatic before hurts a player. And that is where the whining starts.
Youchimitchu

Post by Youchimitchu »

Magdha Tiefenerz wrote:
Youchimitchu wrote: The Idea of as most would call fanatic rp to the temple gave a great feel to the lizards making them standout alot more and taking a front row seat in the spot light of role play Please reconsider.
Well, the problem with being "fanatic" is the same as with being evil. The problem is to know when to stop being fanatic before hurts a player. And that is where the whining starts.
Indeed but Tlatloc was passive with his lizard as far as i saw strictly non violent if thats evil then ...shit I don't know what the definition of good could be?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Magdha you obviously do not know Tlatloc, so all your assumption that he is either evil or orc/goblin are infact wrong.

Anyway I hate to see you leave, I hadn't much time to play with you or your chars, but it was enjoyable, while I know what you mean with the problems, its still sad to see one leave because of that.
Theory

Post by Theory »

My tongue will miss you

Peace and Purity :)
Salathe

Re: Bye

Post by Salathe »

Tlatloc wrote:I found the game to be filled with elitist, snobby cliques that were so ridiculously full of themselves that they couldn't accept anyone's roleplaying that was even slightly different from their own. These cliques were whiny, annoying, and they had the support of GMs who were probably in one of them in the past.

/signed

unfortunate salathe never got to meet you
Last edited by Salathe on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Pellandria wrote:Magdha you obviously do not know Tlatloc, so all your assumption that he is either evil or orc/goblin are infact wrong.
Pellandria, you are right I didn't know Tlatloc. But if you read my posts more closely you will see that I didn't accuse Tlatloc of anything. All I was saying that if you face resistance to your style of playing the problem might be your role itself. I don't know if it was the case with Tlatloc but I think it should be something to think about. In general, we are quite quick to point at other when the problem might be on our part. I was just looking for some explanation, that's all.
Olive

Post by Olive »

oi!

how dare you quit before i get a chance to!!

#me puffs up chest and acts outraged

please remain in contact i really enjoyed your char
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Be well Tlatloc. Maybe you find another game that is more sufficient for your style of roleplaying.

Bye.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Theory wrote:My tongue will miss you
O_O Ewwwwwwwww
Oooh I just worked out who your character is, she's awesome,
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Bye Tlatloc, your lizards fanatical roleplay will be missed by me. It was always so nice to see part of the backstory brought into the game.

Artimer will miss you, as will I.
Bye!
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

Sadly Yusuf couldnt interact with you recently because he was put in jail by GMs. But he will miss you for sure.
Wish you the best of luck.

PO AYR
Theory

Post by Theory »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Theory wrote:My tongue will miss you
O_O Ewwwwwwwww
Oooh I just worked out who your character is, she's awesome,
You mean he :wink:
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Bye, lizardman.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Could you perma-kill him or something if you're not goign to play him anymore? We could hold a lizzy funeral ;)
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Awwww....don't go. I was looking forward to getting some new 'lizard' leather boots this friday!

Seriously, there was a rule violation, but a warning is usually all that you get at first, unless you did others I am not aware of. The character Tlatloc should still be locked inside of Goldburg. Come back and we'll talk.

With all the comings of 'visitors' and two missing gates for a few days, I assumed you wandered out. I was looking forward to picking up the RP on Friday.

I was told by a certain GM, that the lizard RP has been very positive, and we'd like to see you continue it. Don't quit.

If you don't stay, maybe I'll throw some more Lizard babies out windows just to stir things up. :twisted:
Magdha Tiefenerz

Thanks Juniper Onyx, now I know which incident of the recent past we are talking about.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

IC: Tlatloc disappeared into Goldburg without a trace.

OOC info only:

Tlatloc came to Goldburg to tell me that I had to 'atone' for my sin against Zelphia.

I laughed in his face.

He continued and I gave him the chance to leave peacefully.

He continued on about paying his god for my sins.

Well, let's say that I cut the talking short. He was surprised I would 'dare' draw a sword against an emissary, this was madness. All I could say was "This is Goldburg!"

I guess he didn't like my style of diplomacy, but then....
Chester never was a diplomat. :twisted:

(Rule violation: He logged out during the combat, and didn't return)
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

He wasn't banned for that, but rather for a bouquet of every day violations. In the past when he was punished he did the same thing and attacked the GM staff, which is funny, because when he's not in trouble he kisses up like our collective behinds have a sugary coating.

Please stop guessing. I doubt he'll ever 'fess up to everything, but he knows what he did, and that's all that matters.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

ok, thanks
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Aegohl wrote:like our collective behinds have a sugary coating.
It doesn't?!
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

And a massive amount of hemorrhoids and other debris.

Bye, man.
Lady Misha

Post by Lady Misha »

I miss you already!
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

*Hope you are still around to read this*

Bye Tlatloc. Not sure who you played, but based on past posts by you and your insight, I feel bad you left. When you get bored in a month, give it another try, eh?

I hope you didn't take Magdha's post to heart because, her(?) three points(point one is mostly good though) are hardly correct in the world of Illarion, maybe that's what people see those races as. And please do not feel bad about ctrl+clicking, it's the best thing you can have in a strict RP game, it prevents stubborn players from always winning.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Lrmy wrote:*Hope you are still around to read this*

Bye Tlatloc. Not sure who you played,
Umm, he played Tlatloc ? ;)

Lizzy Priest/Religious Counciller
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Lrmy wrote:*Hope you are still around to read this*

Bye Tlatloc. Not sure who you played,
Umm, he played Tlatloc ? ;)