Quest summary.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pellandria

Quest summary.

Post by Pellandria »

I know that quests are great things to talk about ig, but I think the recent quest showed that people are unable to gather either informations or they do not care to get them, so to ensure that the players are informed about certaint island wide quests maybe we should get some kind of "quest informer", where one can read what happend, what state a certaint town/person is in, just something like the rumor rpg topic, just on the ooc side.

I mean it was no rumour that trollsbane was infested with Bugs and insects, sickness and stench of the death while the demon was there and yet people played it off like everything is normal, I don't know if the certaint players simply got not the right informations or they simply refuse to accept what is going on.

So basicly what I would like to see is an updated "quest log", to see where any current quest stands and to prevent that people stumble around aimlessly, just take the quest done today, every mage or priest should know that something happend, but when you are not ig nor people tell you over Msn or other messenger, you wouldn't know a thing, thus playing everything like normal, practicly forcing your char to be "stupid", because the player is uninformed.

While this would be a strict Ooc solution, people would still not be allowed to use anything that is impossible to know, for example if someone makes a ritual or something else that might cause a disturbance in the fo...uhm mana, people should atleast know that there is something wrong, maybe not exactly what and how, but atleast ~that~ something happend or is infact happening.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

I've been meaning to do that, but I've been lazy. I, in fact, have something there in rpg, but it's incomplete:
http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=29543

I've just gotten caught up with school and other things. My bad. =(
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

I like this idea. As you said Trolls Bane was supposedly infested and very unpleasant but there was nothing after the mention to help keep the players aware that it was going on or to clue in players who werent around when it happened.
I dont think is OOC really, but information about the surroundings so that they can be reacted to properly.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Just a thought:

Maybe not exactly a quest summary or proposal but a Gobaith newspaper that articles can be turned in to the paper from anyone? As long as it is deemed to follow newspaper guidelines it can be "published" or placed on a board. Possibly the article can even leave questions saying something like to find out more talk with ~name of char~ in game (this could combine with the rumors thread...as with any newspaper it would be unclear how much is truth).
Llama

Post by Llama »

I think the 'newspaper' idea is very damaging to RP.

The printing press hasn't been invented yet. Any 'newspaper' would have been hand-written for a lot of times by some poor chap.

A town crier is more of an RP taste I think.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

We already have one of those.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

We don't exactly know where the engineering in Illarion stands, obviously its the late middleages, as far as I see it, but that does not mean that gnomes or dwarves might not have invented a printing press, you got to remember that we got alot of books in several bookshelfs, that would mean we can somehow produce books in a larger amount, more than one could do with handwritting.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Meanwhile in Salkameria, an outbreak of rioting and political unrest had broken out in most of the larger cities, it is said, that was related to a young upstart noble of the Rothman clan, who were famous for their trouble making elsewhere.
Lmao.
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

We only need 1 newspaper... and post it on... lets say trolls bane board or the town's board where the event happened. No need printing press, i supposed.
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Why not have a towncrier? :D
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

Because towncrier needs to sleep and some people active during the night? :P Unless I misunderstand the meaning of towncrier :lol:

EDIT: dunno just prefer a newspaper than a noisy guy i guess xD
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

we'll get wikified on this, I think. That way we can make it look like a real paper and so. Let me see what I can do. =)
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I don't like the idea of a newspaper. Especially if there is only -one-. The gms have said before that they don't want our characters to read every post, and know everything going on in every city. This would do the -direct- opposite, and encourage what was unwanted.

More over, I think it is fair that if your char lives way out in parts of the island where people don't usually go, then that char is unable to know what is going on, they may feel the effects of whatever is happening but that doesn't mean they will know.

Characters who wished to be isolated, should be isolated IMO.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

What forces your char to ~read~ the newspaper?

Its jsut that some quest create situation that are not engine supported. Just like the demon quest where people runned around the town claiming it would be a normal day in a sunny town.

The newspaper would not be delivered to anyone anyway, but I guess someone could be sold in towns, thus giving people who are not online that much or miss important quests/changes in illa still can play their chars how they are supposed to be and not, because of missing ooc informations, wrong.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

No one ran around and said that considering it is currently winter ig. I like the overall idea though.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Some kind of IG-summary about recent happenings would be nice. Some months ago, there were IMO far mor RPG threads about happenings/quests.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I think such events. That big ones and even smaller ones need to be stored in the chronicles we tried to write.

Sadly with PO Dariya one of the main persons who took care of that chronicles droped out of the game. And as long as there is noone willing to write the chronicles it looks pretty bad.

How ever don't get the wrong picture of the current chronicles we have on the homepage. There is a new version with a online editor working with IG dates and such stuff. How ever a online editor for a new chronicles noone is using sadly does not have any good effect.

Nitram
Julius

Post by Julius »

I shall step up to this mighty task and write the chronicles for you Nitram!

*grabs his quill of chronological pwnage*
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Still working on it even though a bit slow...So in five or six years it will be finished :P
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

ogerawa wrote:Because towncrier needs to sleep and some people active during the night? :P Unless I misunderstand the meaning of towncrier :lol:

thiihiii i have been contemplating for some while now to create a char that was like a reporter of sorts and "create" newspapers and go around interviewing people when something had happened^^, that could be fun..digging up drama and intrigues:D
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Olaf Tingvatn wrote:
ogerawa wrote:Because towncrier needs to sleep and some people active during the night? :P Unless I misunderstand the meaning of towncrier :lol:

thiihiii i have been contemplating for some while now to create a char that was like a reporter of sorts and "create" newspapers and go around interviewing people when something had happened^^, that could be fun..digging up drama and intrigues:D
That's happened before. I can't be bothered to search for it though. It's in RPG somewhere.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

AlexRose wrote:
Olaf Tingvatn wrote:

That's happened before. I can't be bothered to search for it though. It's in RPG somewhere.
ooohhhh...well i was thinking a real news paper and nagging the GM's to help me..but, meh its been done and phailed apperantly..