Static teleporter & pushing

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Grim_banned

Static teleporter & pushing

Post by Grim_banned »

Seems that since a while now, criminal chars have made a habit of using the technical limitation of the static teleporter in order to escape from a chase. I won't point fingers at anyone, the player knows who he is.

What happenes: in the chase, the criminal uses the teleporter by speaking a name of a town, and whatever the chaser does, be it trying to push the person out, or attacking him, he escapes. No chance for the guard.

Suggestion:
- make it that when you're attacked in the teleporter, the teleportation process cancels
- make it that when you push someone, the one that gets pushed receives a 1 second stun as well, not just the pusher.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Having chars "escape" from a monster at the teleporter twice, I wouldn't like this idea. Has this happened often or with just one or two players...perhaps it would be better to discuss directly with the player rather then add engine capabilities to solve? If going against the RP rules possibly calling a GM. If my char is pushed... depending on the strength of the char.. they usually fall down, at least there is some sort of #me along with the #me of the one doing the pushing too. :?
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

There are a ton of 'technical' ways people are capable of using to escape from chasers, this is just one. You may as well try and get rid of them all, to be fair. However, if the chaser (as what usually seems the case) is only concerned with capturing the other character, and ignores any roleplay that person does (extremely common), then what other option does the 'criminal' have but to utilise technical bugs?
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Ignoring RP is against the rules like using bugs is ;)
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Its pretty complicated to archive your suggestions. And currently the the teleporters work quite well and I would dislike to put in any new nasty things that bugs that script up again.

And in case you are annoyed because the guard or the chased one does not roleplay in the proper expected way as it should be at this roleplaying game that is a offence against rule 1.
But as long as noone is reported to the GMs, nothing will happen.

The proposal how ever is rejected.