What's changed in Illarion over the last 2 years?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Devrah Liioness

What's changed in Illarion over the last 2 years?

Post by Devrah Liioness »

Hello,

A few of you might recognize my screen name, but most of you probably won't, judging by the completely alien online players list. I haven't really thought about Illarion at all since I left/quit/however you'd describe a situation that wasn't entirely pretty but was the appropriate course of events by and large.

Then last night, I dreamt that I was playing Illarion, which seemed very odd given my lack of thought to it. I have the day off work, so I stopped by the forums and I notice that Aegohl is back. This alone gives me hope that it might be a fun game for me again, because Aegohl was one of my favorite RPers and the best GM Illarion has ever had, in my opinion, so if he's back on staff it leads me to think it might be worth poking my head in again.

So I'm just curious, can anyone give me an idea what's changed in the time since I left? I had grown unhappy with the quality of RP, and with the OOC politics, which are, at this juncture, probably just best to avoid.

Are there still people running around talking OOC all the time? Is there a real storyline ingame these days? Does everyone get to wear different clothes yet? What are your favorite and least favorite aspects of the game these days?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, to anyone that does.
Llama

Post by Llama »

DEVRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

:) :) :)

What's new: Magic System// Druid System// TB is now a system of dukes and stuff // Lizards are slowly phasing in from activity to inactivity// 'Look' function allows you to see a description of people's clothes and what they have in their hands// 'Custom Lookat' allows you to buy items with descriptions ("A sword with a symbol of a fairy on the hilt")

Ah yes, crafting is now mostly automated, so no more jackhammering to mine and stuff. And we have mules to carry stuff.

Can't think of much more, but there are.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Nice to see you checking the boards.

Give the game another try, much changed, lot of things remained the same.
Its a little difficult to tell the details, maybe you want to give the wiki a read, to catch up with some things.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Re: What's changed in Illarion over the last 2 years?

Post by LifeWonder »

Devrah Liioness wrote:OOC politics
There'll always, always be those, in any roleplaying game you find. You might claim that other communities don't have them, but that's not true.

At least on Illarion they're not horribly bad since it's become more of a "laid back" game you play now and then to have fun. I don't think anyone takes it as seriously as in the past anymore. (That's not a bad thing btw.)
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Are there still people running around talking OOC all the time? Yes

Is there a real storyline ingame these days? Aegohl is continuously developing the overarching plot.

Does everyone get to wear different clothes yet? Sure, I always
RP my clothing. But if you are referring to actual visibility, no.

What are your favorite and least favorite aspects of the game these days? GMing, doing quests, blabla.

And yes Devrah I remember you vividly. You'd remember me too, if you knew who I was *eery laughter*. Good to have you back (if you are intending on playing)
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

o hai
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

I've came and made it better? :D
Llama

Post by Llama »

Devrah Liioness wrote: and least favorite aspects of the game these days?
Julius wrote:I've came and made it better?
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

You told me on msn you loved me. I really don't want to have this discussion here.. but I feel like you ripped my heart out and threw it in a brook of boiling tears. :?

In all seriousness, the level of rp is actually a lot higher then it was 2 years ago and Mitch is leading a kick ass GM squad. What's more to love? OOC stuff tarnish the ability to play the game sometimes but as long as you know what a #me is, I'd say give it a shot. And as a forewarning, cyber was outlawed ig so I'll have to decline if you ask.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

..He actually specified IG. Wow.

Hey, welcome back, you probably don't know me. Thats okay if you don't. I probably joined after you left. But the game is fun, atleast from my point of ou just have to close your eyes very tight when a bug happens. But thats rare. So come on in, the water is fine.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Julius wrote:You told me on msn you loved me.
I think you're confusing me with mitch...or fooser
In all seriousness, the level of rp is actually a lot higher then it was 2 years ago

????
Julius

Post by Julius »

That's that like 4 months away from being 2 years, n00b.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Hello, Miss Devrah.

I had been thinking about you the other day and lo and behold you've arrived.

As you've likely heard, I've returned to lead the New Questing GM squad and we make it a point of having an overarching plot. In fact, this weekend should mark the end of the current era of Illarion in our plotline, which will mark some major changes in "flavor" with the game, as well as changing the very personalities of the gods to some degree. Moreover, I have a good team that I couldn't do it without.

The changes:
-Beyond awesome druid system
-Mules that carry your stuff
-You can look at people to get a description of what they're wearing
-Name colors display who has weapons in hand
-Real mountains! With height and depth and everything! and awesome caves that you can just walk right in.
-You can now knock people back instead of killing them, making dueling accidents a thing of the past (unfortunately also ruining dueling "accidents")

Neat things we're working on:
-Priest system, bard system
-Dynamic city system (where cities grow, crumble, get sieged, have their coffers robbed, become dungeons, etc.. depending on how players treat them)
-So many awesome things related to the site, the boards, and everything in between ala Nitters

It took a lot of things for me to come back, certainly. I had to know that Illarion was either on the right track or trying to get on the right track, something that, for a time, I doubted (and got very verbally angry about). However, that being said, I'm here, and so that is my evidence. =)

Hope to see you ingame,
-Mitch
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Devrah Liioness wrote:I had grown unhappy with the quality of RP, and with the OOC politics, which are, at this juncture, probably just best to avoid.
that hasnt changed much since you left
Devrah Liioness

Thanks for the responses, everyone. It's cool to see that some of the people I remember are still here, and I look forward to meeting the rest of you IG. So as it goes, I'm going to give it another shot, for old times sakes. I'm glad to hear that it's a casual game now (in the sense that you don't need to donate a lot of time to it) because that's really what I'm interested in.

It looks like there is no character application process anymore, so I guess I don't have to wait around for an approval. Let's see how this goes :)
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

still playing same char?
Devrah Liioness

No. I think my account from before was deleted, I couldn't find it.
Julius

Post by Julius »

She's playing a Rothman.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Julius wrote:She's playing a Rothman.
Oh... we still have one or two of those.... =P
Devrah Liioness

Definitely not, I'm afraid.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Good, there have been too many of them, they need to be outlawed at this point...

Anyway, major changes to the game. I guess in some aspects rp has gone up, however with the growing influx of 15 year olds and younger rp has gone down consiterably as many of them lack the maturity needed ig. Many of them enjoy pging and sob when the situation doesn't go their way or isn't focused on them.

OOC is still common ig, but I think there is a lot less these days than in the past. Twice now the Gm's went nuts and said no OOC ig period, I expect that will happen again, but don't worry, it last a month and they give up (and it is probably better that they do). However OOC seems to be prominent on MSN, it varies from player to player as to how much actually gets ig (which I am sure is similar to the past) and how much complaining a player will do to another when something goes bad. OOC politics never leave the game for good, it will always be there.

There are real storylines ig, I have heard a little on what is being planned and am excited for it. Though on the other hand I realize that players sometimes don't stick to storylines planned in the background or even their own storylines. I've seen too many "bad guys" walk into town and are hailed as friends because they "changed their ways". Though when people stick to their character the rp is amazing, but don't expect it to happen constantly.

But hey, enough of me and my two cents. Get ig and play and find out for yourself!
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Llama

Post by Llama »

Devrah Liioness wrote:
Play a lizzy! We've got fish-cookies :)
Sssari

Post by Sssari »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Devrah Liioness wrote:
Play a lizzy! We've got fish-cookies :)
Join the Scalely side! Really, its been a lot of fun recently.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Hi babes
Llama

Post by Llama »

Aristeaus wrote:Hi babes
Oi! Get back ingame!

Mmmm Aristoast.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Oh hey, I know you.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Devrah Liioness wrote:Hello,

A few of you might recognize my screen name, but most of you probably won't, judging by the completely alien online players list.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=devrah
Kundra

Post by Kundra »

The land we knew
The land they searched
The land that lived
That land is GONE

Julius wrote:I've came and made it better? :D

HAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOL OMFG ROFL JESUS CHRIST DID HE ACTUALLY SAY THAT LOL
Julius

Post by Julius »

:(