Zum Druidensystem

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Silent

Post by Silent »

Despite Fianna and Achae making valid points there, I do rather like the system giving a druid the possibility to be a good one without spending countless hours to improve some skills. Currently, the right knowledge is of far more importance than the skills, and this, in my eyes, is how it should remain.

Now, concerning the new herbs and how they are hard to find in a good quality: yes, they are. There is one herb even that does not exist at this moment. This is, however, not a problem of the gathering mechanisms, but rather of the new herbs themselves. While, yes, they can't be avoided completely because that would give the cooks a very hard time, as we have seen, the amount of them I think could be reduced. As far as I know, there are some herbs now that can't be used at all: the fir branches, some mushrooms etc. Why not use those again?
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Fir branches can be used to plant fir trees.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Today i tried to fix some bugs, which propably had no real relevance on your game.

In serval scripts different new herbs had different names and values.

Please check the books for differences between the written informations there and the real situation. I hope that i have solved everything, but i can not give a guarantee.

Within the work 'red elder' and its variation had to be removed from the druidsystem. Instead of them you will find 'fire root' and 'meadow rhabarb' now.

Continue to write down everything that seems to be wrong.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

I just tested a meadow rhabarb and it identifies it as a footleaf in everything but the name.

The first rune tells me "footleaf" and the properties for foot leaf.

When I place it in a broth, it tells me the broth has the properties of footleaf.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Thank you for the response. Done with next reload.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

You should have noticed, that rotten tree bark and red elders are stackable again.

The rotten tree bark is only a mass ressource in same kind as coal, which does not need any quality. Red elder is no herb of druids since my last bug fix, so it is not neccessary. It is only basic food.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I hate you for this:

Lennier wrote:Red elder is no herb of druids since my last bug fix, so it is not neccessary. It is only basic food.
And love you for that:
You should have noticed, that rotten tree bark and red elders are stackable again.
:P
Alon Donovan

Post by Alon Donovan »

Mir fiel noch ein Fehler auf:
Wüstenbeeren sind als Sandbeeren zu erkennen. Nur die Wirkstoffzusammensetzung erlaubt eine Unterscheidung.
Friedwulfa

Post by Friedwulfa »

Hrm.. ich frage mich gerade ob es ne Formel gibt nach der die komplizierteren Tränke ((zB Sprachtränke)) gemacht sind, oder hat da nur einer gesagt "Dies und das machen wa mal da rein, das bekommt dann die Wirkung *Sprachtrank Ork* zugewiesen und fertig"?
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Das ist für den Spieler höchst uninteressant. Aber alle Rezepte sind soweit von Falk auf Machbarkeit durchgerechnet. Manche sind nur einfacher herzustellen, andere höchst kompliziert.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Friedels Frage hatte eine andere Intention.
Er will wohl wissen, ob es für den Spieler die Möglichkeit gibt auf ein bestimmtes Rezept von alleine zu kommen.
Meines Wissens nach ist das nicht möglich bei komplizirteren Tränken (z.B. Verwandler, Sprache) möglich. Und wild irgendwas in den Sud zu werfen bringt ja bei den vielen Kombinationsmöglichkeiten keine Ergebnisse.
Friedwulfa

Post by Friedwulfa »

ich glaub es waren über 43mios....
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

A bug caused that the names of herbs in english were not the same as in german. Bug solved. Do not be irritated now. Only the names changed, not the function of the herbs.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

To lower the barrier to learn the mechanics of the druid system, the introducing books are in common language now. The scrolls of recipies are not harmed by this. They are still coded in different languages.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Um die Barriere zu senken, dass Neulinge Druiden werden können, sind die Einleitungsbücher über die Mechanismen des Druidentums nun auf Common Language geschaltet. Die Schriftrollen mit den Rezepten sind davon ausgenommen und weiter in verschiedenen Sprachen verschlüsselt.