Zum Druidensystem

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote: One more thing.. I got a few lvls in druid alchemy but after i relloged, the skill disapeared :( what happened?
You are on my wait list
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

What about the yellow "Druid" skill? do I have to drink the potion a second time? :)

edit: drank it the second time, the yellow druid skill disseapeard, but also the second alchemy skill (the druid chategory dissapeared compleatly) is that how it's supposed to be?
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:What about the yellow "Druid" skill? do I have to drink the potion a second time? :)

edit: drank it the second time, the yellow druid skill disseapeard, but also the second alchemy skill (the druid chategory dissapeared compleatly) is that how it's supposed to be?
I had a look into your datas and saw that you have some amazing mage skills. With these you will not be able to switch I fear.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Ava has more than one char ;)
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Lol...

Sent private message :D
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

About the ancient thing, I think I read that it would be changed so that ancient doesn't become to common, will the books be changed to just common then?
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

To change from ancient into another language will take some time. It will be changed into another language, and I will give a note about the change.
Tlatloc

Post by Tlatloc »

Meanwhile you simply have to drink two druid drinks. After the first one you receive that "druid" skill on 100 percent but do not receive druid runes or druid status and do not lose any magican abilities. If you drink it the second time you will enter druidism, lose your mage abilities and the "druid" skill will dissappear.
I tried following this and drinking two druid drinks with my character, but after the second time the yellow colored druid skill still did not disappear and no druid runes appeared when pressing ALT.

Hope this feedback helps the new druid system.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Tlatloc wrote:
Meanwhile you simply have to drink two druid drinks. After the first one you receive that "druid" skill on 100 percent but do not receive druid runes or druid status and do not lose any magican abilities. If you drink it the second time you will enter druidism, lose your mage abilities and the "druid" skill will dissappear.
I tried following this and drinking two druid drinks with my character, but after the second time the druid skill in yellow still did not disappear and no druid runes appeared when pressing ALT.

Hope this feedback helps the new druid system.
Try logging in and out, and then earning a swirly by practicing with broths, after I did, I got some runes.
Tlatloc

Post by Tlatloc »

Azuros, you are right that works. However, the yellow colored druid skill still does not disappear.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The druid skill was there just as a kind of checking reference. How ever it does not help you in any way at all so this skills will be removed some time.

The "druid" skill, unimportaint what color it has, is absolutly useless. It does not make the character better in any way.

Nitram
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

All "druid" skills will be removed today for we now have a quite better check-in routine (thanks to Nitram)
Briggi Blumenkind

Post by Briggi Blumenkind »

So.. Frage: Ich habe einen Trank nach einem Rezept gebraut ((Ich bin mir zu 99% sicher das ich alle richtig gemacht habe. Näheres gern via PM)) . Getrunken. Aber es ist nichts passiert. Kann das an den Kräuern liegen, bzw deren Qualität? MUSS ein Trank Staub beinhalten? Ist mein Skill zu niedrig als das der Trank gelingen kann?

Danke
Anfala Atani

Post by Anfala Atani »

Wenn du nicht daran gestorben bist Briggi - ist das doch schon mal ein erfolg *lach* sorry ...
Briggi Blumenkind

Ich denk ich habs.. danke. Einfacher als ich dachte ;)
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I could read the scrolls day before yesterday.. today no druid skill and can't read the scrolls... is this a bug?
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Maybe not. At the first come-out of the druid system the parchments were to be read in common language, which was not planned that way. Now I changed that and you need to have the right language and library skills like it is with the almanacs.

I feel it is very realistic that, if you can't read well at all you can't read well in another language.

What's about the "druid skill"-thing?
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

The library skill makes sense, her library research is in the bright green, how well do you have to read?

The yellow Druid skill that was originally there yet now it is not so I was wondering if that made a difference in reading the scrolls or not.

If you have to have the right language, and if it is not common... I understood other languages weren't to be passed around.. according to a previous post the ancient would become too common if required so I am a little confused on the different language.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

heh, all is good, but if the books and the scrolls require certain languages to read. how can one read them? I thought that language books are not available in the game..

Anyway, my first rune still analises stocks, not plants. :/
Silent

Post by Silent »

One thing I noticed, is that one can change the quality of a herb by placing it into a slot with the same herb of a different quality. Is that intended?
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Silent wrote:One thing I noticed, is that one can change the quality of a herb by placing it into a slot with the same herb of a different quality. Is that intended?
please pm me exactly what you do and get. Sounds as a bug.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:heh, all is good, but if the books and the scrolls require certain languages to read. how can one read them? I thought that language books are not available in the game..
You need the interation with other player chars, who read for you. Or a possibility to learn languages.
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote: Anyway, my first rune still analises stocks, not plants. :/
please pm me how this first rune looks like. I have got no second message about this effect.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Lennier wrote:
Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:heh, all is good, but if the books and the scrolls require certain languages to read. how can one read them? I thought that language books are not available in the game..
You need the interation with other player chars, who read for you. Or a possibility to learn languages.
"Hmm you're not druidish enough, and I don't like the color of your shoelaces. I won't read for you, why don't you try becoming a mage instead? BWHAHAHAHAH" :roll:
Briggi Blumenkind

Is the possibility to buy the information that stands on a parchment given? or is this not allowed?
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Lennier wrote:

Interact with mages to read the scrolls in ancient knowing a small portion of a skill will be lost? :? *hides her mage*
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Faladron wrote:"Hmm you're not druidish enough, and I don't like the color of your shoelaces. I won't read for you, why don't you try becoming a mage instead? BWHAHAHAHAH" :roll:
Not exactly. It need interaction of players in different kind to read the books. But it does not need druids. Druids have no real control about who becomes druid.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

As I see it, it has ups and downs.. the ups are obviously the interaction between players, but the downs dominate: players will want to keep the secrets for themselves.
Briggi Blumenkind

But i think that should be the idea behind a druid. i think he needs to be a secret-keeper
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:As I see it, it has ups and downs.. the ups are obviously the interaction between players, but the downs dominate: players will want to keep the secrets for themselves.
I also don't see many wishing to loose skill to read to a Druid except another Druid.. maybe not understanding what is being said however. :lol: