Zum Druidensystem

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:So where can one find the druid potion? or at least can we know what tools we need for alchemy to work?
You can brew it yourself, it is pretty easy to figure out - either do some trial and error (<1 day) or get some ingame knowledge (<1 hour). The tool to be used is a very druidish tool that had no use before.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

The english version of the first druid book doesnt work. And I suggest that when using the bookrest, the book to appear next to the object, because it's really annoying in the current way.. you cant change books until the first one dissapears <.<
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

Hrm, i don't get it now. When i want to drink the Druid-Potion, then it says something like "You can't learn the Druidism with your already existing 'Mage' Knowledge" (which is low, lol). So, it's not possible to switch, or wus?
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

In that case, you not only have magic runes but have practised magic. Your skills are at least above 40 points summary. This is quite more than only just test what these unknown runes stand for. We can discuss, if this border of 40 points is better or worse than any other borderline, but at the moment you can't enter the druid system.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

I dont really care about, but by five magic skills 40 is reachable very quick.

A other thing, i think it is suboptimal that druids need ancient. Together with the fact that mages also need ancient this language would be soon so common that there is no reason for it. I know that it isnt possible to implant new languages (or at least atm). But imho it would make more sense to give the druieds one of the nearly not used race language like goblin-language and give the goblins e.g. orc. We have much more mages as goblins ;). If all mages and all druids speak ancient i personal see serious no sence in these language. Aside of a more or less useless skill.
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Djironnyma wrote:I dont really care about, but by five magic skills 40 is reachable very quick.

A other thing, i think it is suboptimal that druids need ancient. Together with the fact that mages also need ancient this language would be soon so common that there is no reason for it. I know that it isnt possible to implant new languages (or at least atm). But imho it would make more sense to give the druieds one of the nearly not used race language like goblin-language and give the goblins e.g. orc. We have much more mages as goblins ;). If all mages and all druids speak ancient i personal see serious no sence in these language. Aside of a more or less useless skill.
If the gm tell me, 40pts are to low, I will change that of course.

I had to recognize during the last 48 hours ancient is far more common than I expected. I am going to change that, I fully agree with you ancient should not become a common language.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Now I am really confused. The other day I was told that a mage can change to druidism anytime and now it isn't possible if you have a certain skill level?
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Magdha Tiefenerz wrote:Now I am really confused. The other day I was told that a mage can change to druidism anytime and now it isn't possible if you have a certain skill level?
x2
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Ok drank the druid potion.. seems that I now have 2 Alchemy skills.. is that's how it's supposed to be? Also the "druid" skill should begin with an uppercase "D" :)
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Well, during the last days I had to accept that there are completely different points of view about the distribution of druid characters which both are right and serious and completely incompatible to each other.

So I was unable to find a silver bullet I left my point of view to open the gates for everybody and made a concession to those who fear a negative exodus to druidism. The only thing that could work, beside a teacher-system as we have with magic and that has its critics too, it seems to me that the intensity of using magic in the past could be a practicable hurdle.
For me it sounds well to take a summery of all magic skills and say: the one who practises magic spells a lot, the one who has reached a certain level of magery has to stay mage.

If this level is to low, we can rise it, but I would prefer to wait how much druids we will have with this level. If we feel the system can cope with more druids, we can rise it, if we see, there are far to much druids on the scene and they trammel each other, we can lower that border.

I honestly apologize that to and from and stand a beer in the tavern to those you feel mucked around by this.
Last edited by Falk vom Wald on Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:Ok drank the druid potion.. seems that I now have 2 Alchemy skills.. is that's how it's supposed to be? Also the "druid" skill should begin with an uppercase "D" :)
If you push <ALT> do you see the magic rune field or the druid rune field?
Avalyon el'Hattarr

I dont see anything, it's a new char with blue skills. I just see two Alchemy skills.. one under crafting and one under druid.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Oh.. it has dissapeared now.. strange. Only one under Crafting remained.
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Oh, that is an important message for me, thank you. The skill alchemy has to be at the druid chapter. Did you create a new character? In that case I know what happend and you can ignore that crafting skill until it will be cleared from the database.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Yep, new character. I first had the one under Crafting, then i brewed a few herbal extracts and got one under Druid, but when i logged in again, I had only the one under Crafting left :)

Also, falk, one of the druid books in doest work.. is not readable in english version.. The almanach no. 1 :-s
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

The book problem i have already fixed, but I have to wait until i can update the gameserver

Your druid problem I can not solve from where I am at the moment
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Thank you Falk :D
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Sugestion: since potions are so hard to create now, how about taking them off the NPCs? or at least make them be expensive :D
Magdha Tiefenerz

In regard to the amount of druids:
Well, it is always the same, as soon something new is introduced nearly everyone has to try it out. But I think that this was expected, wasn't it? I hope that it will normalise again over the next months.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

It will Magdha, it will normalize for sure. The druid system is not something everyone wants to use on a regular base. And as soon as they find this out then stop playing druids. :winks:

Its the same as every time something new gets introduced.
Anfala Atani

Post by Anfala Atani »

Ich finds ziemlich schade - dass die Diskussionen nun wieder ins Englische umgeschlagen haben. Naja - scheint dann wohl auch nicht so wichtig zu sein. Ich hoffe nur, dass das vorherrige Gerede um das Druidensystem, den "Machern" nicht jetzt schon die Motivation nimmt. Vielleicht sollten wir einfach abwarten und es probieren, was in vielen vielen Stunden und in Kleinarbeit versucht wurde, auf die Beine zu stellen. Letztendlich wird es an jedem selber liegen, was er daraus macht und ohne Fleiß und Ergeiz, wird wohl keiner das Druidensystem in all seinen Möglichkeiten nutzen können.

Ich bedank mich jedenfalls schon mal im Voraus.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Anfala Atani wrote:Ich finds ziemlich schade - dass die Diskussionen nun wieder ins Englische umgeschlagen haben.
Ja, finde ich auch. Das Problem ist aber, dass sich ja immer wieder englischsprachige Spieler benachteiligt fühlen, wenn etwas nur auf Deutsch am Brett steht, was sie eventuell betreffen könnte. Und immer zweisprachig zu schreiben ist einfach (zu) aufwendig.
Last edited by Magdha Tiefenerz on Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silent

Post by Silent »

A strange thing happened to me when I more or less accidentally drunk the Drud potion the second time. The character suddenly received all mage skills, none of which he ever had posessed before, and the "druid" under the alchemy skill turned blue. After relogging he was back the way he used to be before drinkin the potion the first time: no mage skill, no "druid" at all. I mixed it up again and was able to restore the yellow "druid" skill. No idea what happened there, but I thought I better tell it here.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

That way of acting is more or less intended. Nothing worse.

Nitram
Silent

Post by Silent »

Ah. So does that mean that by drinking the potion a second time, all of the druid skills are erased?
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

The same happened to Achae as was experimenting.. drank the potion again and got the yellow skill but was very scary at first rofl.

I just would like to say the Druid system.. what I have seen of it is WONDERFUL... I love the variety it contains, thank you!
Na-Chaya

Post by Na-Chaya »

Magdha Tiefenerz wrote:
Anfala Atani wrote:Ich finds ziemlich schade - dass die Diskussionen nun wieder ins Englische umgeschlagen haben.
Ja, finde ich auch. Das Problem ist aber, dass sich ja immer wieder englischsprachige Spieler benachteiligt fühlen, wenn etwas nur auf Deutsch am Brett steht, was sie eventuell betreffen könnte. Und immer zweisprachig zu schreiben ist einfach (zu) aufwendig.
BEIDE Sprachen spielen hier - also denkt mal darüber nach. Gerade ihr beide die schon lange hier spielt -
Post nur englisch- die Deutschen maulen - nur deutsch - die englischsprachigen Spieler motzen - beide jeweils zu recht wenn es das komplette System betrifft.
Besonders so eine wichtige Diskussion wie ein neues System für Druiden muß einfach zweisprachig geführt werden.
Man kann sich das ja übersetzen lassen wenn man es wissen will.
Sorry aber den Kommentar mußte ich einfach loswerden - denn Illarion ist eine SPIELERGEMEINSCHAFT

And no - no translation for english speakers - its *intern* :wink: :P
Magdha Tiefenerz

Can we please have exploding characters if the druid potion is consumed a second time? Please? :twisted:

@Na-Chaya
Wie Du vielleicht bemerkt hast, war die Überschrift zu diesem Faden "Zum Druidensystem". Dies ist in meinen Augen noch immer reines Deutsch. D.h. in einem solchen Beitrag würde ich eigentlich auch nur Deutsch erwarten.
Natürlich sollte eine Diskussion über das Druidensystem zweisprachig geführt werden, aber dann vielleicht in einem anderen Faden?
Und zum Thema Übersetzen sage ich nur, dass ich einmal den Fehler gemacht habe, eine englische Übersetzung von einem wirklich umfangreichen Beitrag anzukündigen. Junge junge habe ich mir etwas anhören können, weil ich das nicht innerhalb eines Tages ins Forum geschrieben habe. Sorry, aber seit dieser Zeit habe ich keine Lust mehr Übersetzungen zu machen, nur um es allen recht zu machen.
Last edited by Magdha Tiefenerz on Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Ok fellows, this really ugly thing comes from the anouncement someone posted, you could use the druid drink as a weapon to "poison" mages. For the starting point was already very near I scripted a short "security rope" for the mages. This will be changed into a more understanable form. Meanwhile you simply have to drink two druid drinks. After the first one you receive that "druid" skill on 100 percent but do not receive druid runes or druid status and do not lose any magican abilities. If you drink it the second time you will enter druidism, lose your mage abilities and the "druid" skill will dissappear. As Nitram noted this was a very ugly slope idea and a solution born from the moment just to prevent some kiddies doing flapdoodle.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Ah, so you have to drink the potion two times in order to become a druid? I got a "druid" yellow skill..

One more thing.. I got a few lvls in druid alchemy but after i relloged, the skill disapeared :( what happened?